GTX 260 Core 216 SC Edition - $119 @ 'Zon

It's annoying listening to the extent people will go to, to get something they didn't deserve in the first place.

Why the fuck should Tiger Direct/Amazon honor this? I'm sure the few hundred or so customers that will now "refuse" to buy from Amazon or Tiger Direct will have massive hits on their sales and reputation eh?

I stopped bothering with price-mistakes because it always happens... you a.) get a cancellation email or b.) get the wrong item shipped. whatever happens, it's a waste of time for everyone involved because some people want to take advantage of another person's mistake so they can get something a little cheaper to turn around and sell on ebay.

That's another thing that pisses the fuck out of me... see someone post a [H]ot deal thread, someone buys it and throws it back up on F/S/T for $100 more then they paid within minutes of them posting "THANKS FOR POSTING THIS DEAL OP!!11"... What the fuck? This forum gives you the deal and you shit all over them for a little cash? I sold a Rocketfish case at basically a loss (while a very small loss) it was still a loss so a guy in Canada could get a case that wasn't available there (I think after shipping it was ~$100... $52 for the case ~$50 for shipping) ... another instance there was free Oakley bags... the OP who posted the original deal never got one, I didn't need it so I mailed it to him for free. (cost... a postage stamp)

Whatever...

Amazon.com - protected

TigerDirect on Amazon - no Terms of Service to be seen

TigerDirect - protected

^ THAT SAID, it looks like if you actually DO get a motherboard, HOLD ONTO IT! You might just be able to complain and get your cards for it.

lesson learned: If you're going to go through with one of these kinds of deals, always choose the fastest shipping option available.

The spirit?

Fuck. It was a price mistake, you all knew it and are trying to take advantage of it.

Why should a company lose money because of a mistake? They already lost money shipping product out and having it refused. Now you want them to lose even more just to make your whiny asses happy?

Ummm...because that is life? Because people pay for their mistakes? Because companies pay for their mistakes? That is what happens when you make a mistake in life...you pay for it. You don't expect people to forgive you and turn the other way. You take responsibility for you actions. I don't know hold old you are nor do I actually care, but if you think that it is ok to make mistakes without taking responsibility or justifying your mistakes and that everyone deserves a second chance in life, you are in for a rude awakening. For me personally, I won't make a big deal or anything if they intercept it and refund my money. However, I have lost some faith in TD since they chose not to man up to their mistake and honor the listed price. It is not about the money at this point, but rather the principle.

It's annoying listening to the extent people will go to, to get something they didn't deserve in the first place.

Why the fuck should Tiger Direct/Amazon honor this? I'm sure the few hundred or so customers that will now "refuse" to buy from Amazon or Tiger Direct will have massive hits on their sales and reputation eh?

I stopped bothering with price-mistakes because it always happens... you a.) get a cancellation email or b.) get the wrong item shipped. whatever happens, it's a waste of time for everyone involved because some people want to take advantage of another person's mistake so they can get something a little cheaper to turn around and sell on ebay.

That's another thing that pisses the fuck out of me... see someone post a [H]ot deal thread, someone buys it and throws it back up on F/S/T for $100 more then they paid within minutes of them posting "THANKS FOR POSTING THIS DEAL OP!!11"... What the fuck? This forum gives you the deal and you shit all over them for a little cash? I sold a Rocketfish case at basically a loss (while a very small loss) it was still a loss so a guy in Canada could get a case that wasn't available there (I think after shipping it was ~$100... $52 for the case ~$50 for shipping) ... another instance there was free Oakley bags... the OP who posted the original deal never got one, I didn't need it so I mailed it to him for free. (cost... a postage stamp)

Whatever...

Wow man...who the *bleep* are you to assume if someone deserves something or not or whether someone is justified to blame TD? So if we know someone is lying to us when they lie, does it make it ok that they lied? If someone makes a mistake do we turn the other way and pretend everything is all sunflower happy and nothing ever happened? A mistake was made and on principle, a price should be paid.

Why would you get mad at people who turn around and sell something at a higher price? It is called being intelligent. They are being smart and capitalizing on an opportunity. That what business is all about. They are smart...are you? Not everyone was in this to make money. A lot of people including me actually wanted to the video card. I personally ain't gonna bitch but I do not condone the people that bitch one bit.

This is like a story that I've heard about at a gas station, instead of putting in 3.79 the operator accidentally typed in .37. People came from all over for it. I'd sure as hell try to capitalize on that deal; I'm tired of $100 fill ups. I didn't get in on this, but I thought about it and if it went through I was going to be upset that I didn't. Good luck guys.

Jason

Well mine just shows as shipped..it still says its a 260GTX...its on the way as I have a tracking # and its getting close to me...How do I find out what they shipped?
I have no doubt its a 680i...but how do I tell for sure?

I love the entitlement going on in this thread, so why america is how it is atm.

Ummm...because that is life? Because people pay for their mistakes? Because companies pay for their mistakes? That is what happens when you make a mistake in life...you pay for it. You don't expect people to forgive you and turn the other way. You take responsibility for you actions. I don't know hold old you are nor do I actually care, but if you think that it is ok to make mistakes without taking responsibility or justifying your mistakes and that everyone deserves a second chance in life, you are in for a rude awakening. For me personally, I won't make a big deal or anything if they intercept it and refund my money. However, I have lost some faith in TD since they chose not to man up to their mistake and honor the listed price. It is not about the money at this point, but rather the principle.

This is a mistake over a $120 video card. No one got hurt. No harm, no foul. The companies are paying for their mistake because they have to deal with annoyed customers, pay for return shipping, and take a small hit on their reputation.
What some of these people doing here is they are taking advantage of the situation to bully the customer service rep into giving them something. It's sad that so many people have this "stick it to the man" attitude.

Look what i just got.

This should wrap up the thread entirely. :D

Got the same thing myself, only thing I didn't like is the fact that my CC still shows the charge as pending, don't need to use it ATM but that's not the point, the credit should be there as quick as they charged me for it no matter how big of a company you are.

Does UPS pick up their shipments at 9 am in the morning? Or do they pre-scan everything for mailing throughout the day and UPS picks them up every evening? I'd venture a guess it is the latter. And I would venture a guess that not a single of one of those mobos is leaving the warehouse for a UPS delivery site. Billing information received and a tracking number does not equal a package in UPS's hands for delivery.

Yes, that's pretty much how this works for most companies. I don't beleive TD has UPS trucks waiting in line to pick up items every 15 to 20 minutes like some Companies I know do.

Exactly. So that "intercept" just means those packages will never leave the warehouse. In the meantime, they are not refunding our money immediately as a canceled order should. I have no objection to this honestly. I knew the risks when I placed the order. But if TD wanted to, they could have easily canceled all the orders prior to shipping information being generated for them. They had days of heads up for what was coming on Monday.

True but not entirely true on the latter part of it as they only had Monday morning to start the process, unless of course, they also work on Sundays.

I HAVE A SOLUTION!

Thanks to posershadow at the EVGA Forum for pointing this out:

posershadow wrote:

I see it as kind of interesting how Amazon's policy in their terms for pricing is:

"Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon. Your purchases from third-party sellers using Amazon Payments are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item."

Yet when you go to buy, lets say a GTX 280 right now, and you find one to buy from TD, no matter where you look inside the information about TD's information on Amazon, you don't find a single Terms and Conditions link stating what happens in these kinds of situations. It's not my responsibility to go to TD's site and read the terms from that site if I'm ordering through Amazon. It's TD's responsibility to post the terms in their FAQ's on their merchant profile in Amazon. TD luckily has a website where you can actually read what the terms are over there, but if you say ordered from a smaller 3rd party seller that doesn't have a website, then really, there are no terms and conditions, which means they have no escape for typo errors. All I'm saying is, if I don't see terms and conditions for TD in their seller profile on Amazon, I'm not required as a consumer to go and hunt down a copy of terms and anyways, TD's own site terms don't apply to Amazon anyways since you didn't buy it through their site directly. So really, I think if someone wanted to really go through a lot of work, TD would get screwed on this deal for having no provided disclaimer for typo errors.

I mean, the terms on the actual TD site only apply to direct purchases from the TD site. Ordering through Amazon isn't addressed anywhere on the seller profile:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...=A9B09ZK9BZJQ6

The closest they get is the privacy and security link under seller help, but no where is there any mention of what happens in a case of a typographical error. So really, they have absolutely no protection against typographical errors on Amazon. Just because their website says one thing, doesn't mean it applies to Amazon. If someone wanted to fight it, you have a pretty clear shot at victory, but TD is going to fight until the end on this one so you better have a lot of time and patience on your hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew there was a hole somewhere the entire time, but I just couldn't identify it. I'd be willing to get to the bottom of this, though not alone. Anyone care to help me?

Even though I have send an e-mail back to this Lucina lady, I don't expect anything else from them, I got nothing but time but I don't believe I will waste any more time on this than I already have (fun as this is :D)... for me, it was all in good fun and was not really expecting to get away with it.

On the other hand, I wasn't expecting for them to use my money and play with it for a few days, I call that a scam and this is why I am making it a bit tough on them.

My tracking number is still active even though I received an e-mail saying they have intercepted it so I may still get those two precious Motherboards. Well, they play with my money for a few days, I get to do the same with their precious Mobos... lets see how long before they realize I got those and consider sending me a Call Tag for them. I won't keep them, that's not my thing but I sure as hell won't help them any by calling and asking for it... let them do their work, that'll teach them to use the Bait & Switch scam on me :D

For a guy that does not have anything invested on this, you sure sound like you are all worked up and your panties all waded up... why is that?

Are you going to tell me that you are somehow become the voice of reason for the world? C'mon, lighten up bud, it is not like Amazon or more so TD didn't have a hand in this.

Again, I believe price errors is an every day occurence but, when a page is posted with the sale of a video card and some seconds later a Motherboard appear and then back to a video card... something fishy has to be going on on their part as well.

I love the entitlement going on in this thread, so why america is how it is atm.

You are generalizing my friend and that's another problem with the United States atm, saying America is also a generalization since you have a few more countries that make up the Continent of America... in case you didn't know! ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
motolube.
The continent we live on is called 'North America' in case you didnt know.
The USA is more often called America than USA, in case you didnt know.
Making a generalization about america is just plain smart, cause we are one.

I just called UPS. Their deal with package interception is that it has to go ALL THE WAY to the sortation facility in the area where its supposed to be delivered and then shipped ALL THE WAY BACK to Tiger Direct?? Clearly its so that they can double charge for shipping.

Pretty sad that a evga moderator tried to get on this deal. Just goes to show you that the people that work for evga have questionable ethics.

Plus you would think this mod would have some kind of connects and get his evga cards for free. :( .

You are all idiots for getting on this deal, and now you have transformed into whiny idiots...which are the worse kind indeed.

You are all idiots for getting on this deal, and now you have transformed into whiny idiots...which are the worse kind indeed.
All you have done in this thread is call people names again and again..
if there is any justice, you will be banned for it .

Just received the following from TigerDirect:

This message is in regard to your recent Amazon order (order #) for an EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card,

Unfortunately, Amazon mistakenly mapped a recertified EVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 Motherboard priced at $119.99 to the description of the video card you intended to order. Although you intended to order the video card, Amazon erroneously sent us your order for the motherboard instead.

Since your order had not yet shipped when we discovered this error we were able to successfully stop the order. If you’ve already paid Amazon for this order we will contact them and request a full refund on your behalf.

We sincerely apologize for this error and for any inconvenience it might have caused. If you have any questions please contact our customer service department at 800-888-6111

Thank you for choosing TigerDirect.com

Regards,

Customer Care Team
TigerDirect.com.com
1-800-888-6111

Oh well. No harm, no foul.

Pretty sad that a evga moderator tried to get on this deal. Just goes to show you that the people that work for evga have questionable ethics.

Plus you would think this mod would have some kind of connects and get his evga cards for free. :( .

If we had all received our cards what would you have complained about then?
It's pretty easy to be a Monday morning quarter back and a little harder to get your ass off the bench and actually play the game.

Me, I opted to be polite in my dealings with TigerDirect. I did however express disappointment that they shipped the order and tied up my money when they had days to cancel the order. The politeness paid off. I was offered a discount on my next purchase from TigerDirect. I think that is solid customer service given the circumstances.

Personally, on Saturday when I went through the motions of this deal I assumed it was a mistake and I'd be refunded and life would go on, which it seems is going to be the case since TD has made ZERO indications that they plan to try and make anyone keep the motherboard. Both TD and Amazon are calling it a mistake, an "our bad, we'll pay the shipping on everything and refund you, sorry!"

That's cool, people make mistakes, they're owning up to theirs rather than being dicks about it, so why should we be dicks about a deal that we really ought have know was 98% a mistake?

I bought it figuring I didn't need to have the money on me that instant and if it was the deal of the century (again, 2% chance, tops) then it was worth it to take a shot at it.

Me, I opted to be polite in my dealings with TigerDirect. I did however express disappointment that they shipped the order and tied up my money when they had days to cancel the order. The politeness paid off. I was offered a discount on my next purchase from TigerDirect. I think that is solid customer service given the circumstances.

The poor guy that showed up for work that day only to be deluged with calls and complaints must have wondered what was going on. He was just the messenger that had to deal with the problem. The person that actually made the mistake if it was done be Amazon got off from hearing all those complaints. Politeness never hurts, a CSR can be quite helpful if they want to be.

The poor guy that showed up for work that day only to be deluged with calls and complaints must have wondered what was going on. He was just the messenger that had to deal with the problem. The person that actually made the mistake if it was done be Amazon got off from hearing all those complaints. Politeness never hurts, a CSR can be quite helpful if they want to be.

Yeah, I feel bad that they are filtering all their complaints through one individual. In fact that was the first thing I mentioned in my email. Sucky job to have. I honestly don't think they came in on Monday surprised though. There is no way TD did not have heads up from all the people who called in asking questions. Either way though, not fun dealing with a bunch of angry customers.

I posted the link to the card @ TD for $319 the day this all started - go look back. You all knew it was a mistake, so quit crying. If you want a 216 shader EVGA GTX 260 it's $319. Not $119. I dunno what there is to be suprised about.

To be honest, I didn't know whether it was or not. I made my mind up in about 10 seconds to buy it. I didn't want to wait in case it may have ran out if I did. I ordered it, and I didn't end up getting the card for that price. I don't see why you should care in the first place, since you never even ordered. Even if people knew, I don't think they were expecting Tiger to send out 680i motherboards. If anything that is what people are more upset about then anything else.

OK, there is way too much bashing, and OVER analyzing on this deal. It was a simple pricing mistake, it's over.

To be honest, I didn't know whether it was or not. I made my mind up in about 10 seconds to buy it. I didn't want to wait in case it may have ran out if I did. I ordered it, and I didn't end up getting the card for that price. I don't see why you should care in the first place, since you never even ordered. Even if people knew, I don't think they were expecting Tiger to send out 680i motherboards. If anything that is what people are more upset about then anything else.

Because a good amount of us told everyone that it was a pricing mistake. Some of you were helbent to sue, kill or maim to get a 260 @ $119 even though you knew it was too good to be true. Im tired of being right sometimes.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still fighting it - I don't care if I'm the last man standing either. Yes, I realize it was a simple pricing mistake, and yes I do have the morals to forgive them and sincerely accept my refund. ;) However, there is still a further mistake with the way their terms and conditions work, and that is where I am going to point out to them the flaw in their advertising practices.

I just emailed my concern to two separate individuals at TigerDirect. I don't want to expose the message just yet, but I will get back to you all once I receive my reply.

Even if people knew, I don't think they were expecting Tiger to send out 680i motherboards. If anything that is what people are more upset about then anything else.

No no. TD sent out return labels to have the mobo shipped back. No big deal.
What people are upset about is that this attempt to game-the-system has failed. Just look at the other price-mistake "deal" that has occurred. People still acted like d!cks even though nothing was sent out and refund was made.

I was getting all worked up about the thought of having to return a 680i motherboard through the mail. Thankfully they didn't send it out. TD should have acted quicker anyway, shouldn't have gotten to the point of having to do return labels...

Got this email at 1:59 today. Good thing I don't have to deal with returning a MB :)

This message is in regard to your recent Amazon order (order #) for an EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card,

Unfortunately, Amazon mistakenly mapped a recertified EVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 Motherboard priced at $119.99 to the description of the video card you intended to order. Although you intended to order the video card, Amazon erroneously sent us your order for the motherboard instead.

Since your order had not yet shipped when we discovered this error we were able to successfully stop the order. If you’ve already paid Amazon for this order we will contact them and request a full refund on your behalf.

We sincerely apologize for this error and for any inconvenience it might have caused. If you have any questions please contact our customer service department at 800-888-6111

Thank you for choosing TigerDirect.com

Guess I'm not that lucky, my mobo rofl got sent out.

HODGKINS,
IL, US 10/14/2008 7:48 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 10/13/2008 6:04 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 10/14/2008 9:07 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

My tracking says delivery intercepted...yet it still looks like it's coming to me. It said "delivery intercepted" before it even when out.

I'm going to have to accept it if the package comes. I don't trust refusing it at the door. Hopefully they'll give me UPS return shipping slips as promised.

Got my first refund just a second ago:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are writing to confirm that we have processed your refund in the
amount of $125.38 for your Order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX from TigerDirect.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty
Reason for refund: Order cancelled by merchant

Your refund is being credited as follows:

Mastercard Credit Card [ending with XXXX]: $125.38

Total refund for this order: $125.38

Have questions about our refund policy?
Visit our Help section for more information:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/537794

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com Customer Service
www.amazon.com

Guess I'm not that lucky, my mobo rofl got sent out.

HODGKINS,
IL, US 10/14/2008 7:48 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 10/13/2008 6:04 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 10/14/2008 9:07 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I called UPS. Their deal with package interception is that it has to go ALL THE WAY to the sortation facility in the area where its supposed to be delivered and then shipped ALL THE WAY BACK to Tiger Direct?? Clearly its so that they can double charge for shipping.

I posted the link to the card @ TD for $319 the day this all started - go look back. You all knew it was a mistake, so quit crying. If you want a 216 shader EVGA GTX 260 it's $319. Not $119. I dunno what there is to be suprised about.

Seriously, finally someone with some common sense. I just hate all this childish whining. Some of these fools are actually going to cry like babies, call Tigerdirect, and try to get the video cards for $119 a piece. That's just lame.

Seriously, finally someone with some common sense. I just hate all this childish whining. Some of these fools are actually going to cry like babies, call Tigerdirect, and try to get the video cards for $119 a piece. That's just lame.
I agree. Yes, I was hoping on the off chance that I would get a wonderful deal on a video card but I also understood that it probably wouldn't work out to anyone's advantage. Yet, there are people here and all over the internet that are getting so upset about a mistake. Give it a rest people. I'm sure nobody here has ever made a mistake before.. :rolleyes:

TD told me my package would be intercepted, but I checked the tracking numbers and its still be mailed, left Illinois earlier yesterday morning. When it shows up, I'm filing the A-Z claim.

Got my first refund just a second ago:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are writing to confirm that we have processed your refund in the
amount of $125.38 for your Order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX from TigerDirect.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty
Reason for refund: Order cancelled by merchant

Your refund is being credited as follows:

Mastercard Credit Card [ending with XXXX]: $125.38

Total refund for this order: $125.38

Have questions about our refund policy?
Visit our Help section for more information:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/537794

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com Customer Service
www.amazon.com

What did you do to receive this refund? Thanks in advance

How heavy are y'alls packages? Mine is still in IL and I'm tempted to call TD to see if they can redirect it back to them.

My package made it all the way to my local distribution center..then it got intercepted.

I still can't believe they sent these things out.

Back