GTX 260 Core 216 SC Edition - $119 @ 'Zon

LOL. Me too! WTF? Are they actually reading our collective minds or something?
oh interesting.

I think this is the new feature UPS has been advertising....sender intercepts.

Proof that TD is not trying to screw us all....

"THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE / RETURN TO SENDER PENDING"

I'm happy, and I will be even more happy when I get my money back.

Thank you for your email.
We are writing to let you know that unfortunately this product was incorrectly listed in Amazon. What you have ordered is not what you would have received. We were not aware of this issue until recently. Your request to cancel this order has been processed. You will receive an e-mail confirming that your refund has been issued shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your time and patience.

Angel
Amazon Customer Service Department
TigerDirect.com

woot

And I really believe those intercepts are not going to cost TD a penny in shipping costs. Odds are, they are not even in UPS's hands yet.

Send an intercept request when UPS doesn't have the package? Then who has the package? You're reaching trying to prove that TD is out to screw with people.

There are two companies involved here. The odds of a mistake happening is increased. And so will the length of time to respond. But they are responding.

Yeah, I just took a look at my tracking just to see where its at right now. Mine says the exact same thing. Good on them for taking the effort of trying to revert the packages back to their warehouse.

Hopefully now people will stop throwing around hate against TD. I mean, sure, they could have done it on purpose but atleast they noticed that many people are not taking kindly to it and trying to get them back.

You guys know that, by requesting intercepts TD is preventing us from filing an amazon chargeback and keeping the mobo right :rolleyes:

There has to be some kind of software in TD's system that alerts managers of an unusual purchasing pattern or spike in any one item. If there isn't, then I guess I just over-estimate the ability of these etailers to catch these errors and investigate them before any order gets filled.

I got the UPS intercept, but I obviously won't be satisfied until I get a refund.

Yep, same here!

Tracking Detail | Help

Your package has experienced an exception.

Tracking Number: 1Z 6F8 871 03 ???? ??? ?
Type: Package
Your shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, an unforeseen event has occurred which could result in a change to the Scheduled Delivery Date.

What should I do?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. View Shipment Progress or Package Progress for specific details.Exception
See description below
Shipped To: MIAMI, FL, US
Shipped/Billed On: 10/13/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 8.10 Lbs

To view additional tracking information, please log in to My UPS.

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
10/13/2008 3:57 P.M. THE SHIPPER HAS REQUESTED A DELIVERY INTERCEPT FOR THIS PACKAGE / RETURN TO SENDER PENDING
US 10/13/2008 10:31 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 10/13/2008 5:32 P.M. ET

Although, I would have rather receved the package and controlled the situation from there. My card still shows as being charged but not processed... we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Look what i just got.
This message is in regard to your recent order ********* for item number E145-263 (EVGA GeForce GTX 260 SC 896MB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI).

Unfortunately this item was erroneously displayed on Amazon’s website. Specifically, Included in the product feed that TigerDirect.com.com sent to Amazon was an EVGA Motherboard, item # E145-0003 (EVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 Motherboard Rect) priced at $119.99. Due to an error in the matching process the description for the video card that you tried to order was erroneously matched to the motherboard described above. Although it may have appeared that you were ordering a video card, the actual item placed in your shopping cart was the motherboard.

Your order shipped prior to this error being discovered so we’ve contacted UPS and arranged to have the shipment recalled. We also requested that Amazon issue you a full refund. Although we are requesting that UPS route the package back to us it’s possible that it may still be delivered. If this happens simply refuse delivery, that is tell the delivery person to return the package to the shipper. If you’ve already received the shipment please contact Lucina Joseph at 800-955- 1888 ext. 5365 or [email protected], who will arrange for return of the motherboard at no cost to you.

We sincerely apologize for this error and for any inconvenience it might have caused. If you have any additional questions please contact Lucina Joseph.

Thank you for choosing TigerDirect.com.

Regards,

Lucina Joseph

This should wrap up the thread entirely. :D

Send an intercept request when UPS doesn't have the package? Then who has the package? You're reaching trying to prove that TD is out to screw with people.

There are two companies involved here. The odds of a mistake happening is increased. And so will the length of time to respond. But they are responding.

Does UPS pick up their shipments at 9 am in the morning? Or do they pre-scan everything for mailing throughout the day and UPS picks them up every evening? I'd venture a guess it is the latter. And I would venture a guess that not a single of one of those mobos is leaving the warehouse for a UPS delivery site. Billing information received and a tracking number does not equal a package in UPS's hands for delivery.

They generate a packing slip and label and once that label is created they are billed and once UPS comes by and scans it then you'll see something other than billing information received. usually pickup is around 5ish in their respective timezone.

They generate a packing slip and label and once that label is created they are billed and once UPS comes by and scans it then you'll see something other than billing information received. usually pickup is around 5ish in their respective timezone.

Exactly. So that "intercept" just means those packages will never leave the warehouse. In the meantime, they are not refunding our money immediately as a canceled order should. I have no objection to this honestly. I knew the risks when I placed the order. But if TD wanted to, they could have easily canceled all the orders prior to shipping information being generated for them. They had days of heads up for what was coming on Monday.

We sincerely apologize for this error and for any inconvenience it might have caused. If you have any additional questions please contact Lucina Joseph.

Thank you for choosing TigerDirect.com.

Regards,

Lucina Joseph

Fair enough. Still doesn't explain the 680i picture showing up on the GTX 260 Core 216 product page for a few minutes and then going away though..

this is precisely why it's just not worth the time and effort to benefit from these errors. I'm not saying you all are wrong for doing so as I've tried this too in the past. It's just that now, when I see something like this, I know better.

I know it's hard sometimes because you think the one deal that you pass up, they will honor the mistake and you'll lose out. Throwing chance at the wall to see what will stick is too risky.

Amazon and TD are renown for having errors to both extremes. They can be so low that THIS is what happens or they'll be crazy high--which they'll gladly accept your payment if you bite.

Live and learn...

I think the percentage of an online store honoring the price mistake is very low since you are not physically there to complain. If it was an actual store, they would give you the price rather than getting yelled out in front of the customers.

I think the percentage of an online store honoring the price mistake is very low since you are not physically there to complain. If it was an actual store, they would give you the price rather than getting yelled out in front of the customers.

I agree, if you're there, they seem to be under different obligations. "bait and switch" is alleged most times anyway so it's usually quite different dealing in person.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have to deal with the whole mess...

I called in to see what's happening and was told it was on backorder. After asking what product was going to be shipped they told me it was a mistake and my order was cancelled altogether and my card wasn't charged...

O well, I'm not mad, sometimes the risks are greater than the reward...

EDIT: It's things like this that I'm glad Paypal has virtual CC's...

I've read some of this thread, but not all. I'm going to call TD and ask for a return label because I did not order a motherboard. If it was a price mistake, then give a full refund back. Those that really wanted the motherboard could simply purchase it back after the refund. I will get the shipments, but if they are indeed motherboards, then I'm sending it back then and there while UPS dude is there if I can; if not I'll take it back later in the evening or next day.

This was my first purchase and quite possibly last purchase if I do in fact receive a motherboard. I'd of rather get a refund if they aren't sending the video card.

I got an email from
Lucina Joseph
TigerDirect.com.com
[email protected]
1-800-955-1888 extension: 5365

She pretty much said TD and Amazon messed up, UPS has redirected the package back to them, and I'm getting a full refund.

I replied back saying pretty much "Hey its not my fault you miss priced the item."

I'm not going down without a fight, the item was cleary labeled an EVGA video card for $119.99, and thats what I'm getting!

I got an email from
Lucina Joseph
TigerDirect.com.com
[email protected]

She pretty much said TD and Amazon messed up, UPS has redirected the package back to them, and I'm getting a full refund.

I replied back saying pretty much "Hey its not my fault you miss priced the item."

I'm not going down without a fight, the item was cleary labeled an EVGA video card for $119.99, and thats what I'm getting!

NOW THATS THE SPIRIT!:D

I got an email from
Lucina Joseph
TigerDirect.com.com
[email protected]

I ordered two video cards, was shipped two motherboards which were called back, and emailed about it. I got a response saying I could call their 800 # and get the cards at the price I ordered, but when I called I was told I would have to pay $320 each if I wanted them instead of $120. I emailed back and am now waiting for a response...

I ordered two video cards, was shipped two motherboards which were called back, and emailed about it. I got a response saying I could call their 800 # and get the cards at the price I ordered, but when I called I was told I would have to pay $320 each if I wanted them instead of $120. I emailed back and am now waiting for a response...

Good job let us know how it goes

That's the spirit guys!

remember when i said "dammit i missed it" well thank god i missed it :D sorry for everyone in here :/ **** happens just wipe and move on :D

The spirit?

Fuck. It was a price mistake, you all knew it and are trying to take advantage of it.

Why should a company lose money because of a mistake? They already lost money shipping product out and having it refused. Now you want them to lose even more just to make your whiny asses happy?

The spirit?

Fuck. It was a price mistake, you all knew it and are trying to take advantage of it.

Why should a company lose money because of a mistake? They already lost money shipping product out and having it refused. Now you want them to lose even more just to make your whiny asses happy?
Not everyone in this thread is a "whiny ass" and it should not be said as such. Regardless, yes, it was a pricing error and yes, most went into it without worrying about whether or not the package we would receive would be a video card or a motherboard. Not only that, I know many who did not expect it to get even this far and are surprised that the shipping process went through. Please, do not generalize and say something like that. Personally, I went into it knowing full well that there is an enormous possibility that I would never see the card and that the order would be canceled with a full refund.

If they don't expect the shipping process to go through, why the fuck do they bother ordering?

You're wasting Amazon's time, you're wasting Tiger Direct's time, you're wasting your own time... all for no reason at all..

I HAVE A SOLUTION!

Thanks to posershadow at the EVGA Forum for pointing this out:

posershadow wrote:

I see it as kind of interesting how Amazon's policy in their terms for pricing is:

"Please note that this policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon. Your purchases from third-party sellers using Amazon Payments are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item."

Yet when you go to buy, lets say a GTX 280 right now, and you find one to buy from TD, no matter where you look inside the information about TD's information on Amazon, you don't find a single Terms and Conditions link stating what happens in these kinds of situations. It's not my responsibility to go to TD's site and read the terms from that site if I'm ordering through Amazon. It's TD's responsibility to post the terms in their FAQ's on their merchant profile in Amazon. TD luckily has a website where you can actually read what the terms are over there, but if you say ordered from a smaller 3rd party seller that doesn't have a website, then really, there are no terms and conditions, which means they have no escape for typo errors. All I'm saying is, if I don't see terms and conditions for TD in their seller profile on Amazon, I'm not required as a consumer to go and hunt down a copy of terms and anyways, TD's own site terms don't apply to Amazon anyways since you didn't buy it through their site directly. So really, I think if someone wanted to really go through a lot of work, TD would get screwed on this deal for having no provided disclaimer for typo errors.

I mean, the terms on the actual TD site only apply to direct purchases from the TD site. Ordering through Amazon isn't addressed anywhere on the seller profile:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...=A9B09ZK9BZJQ6

The closest they get is the privacy and security link under seller help, but no where is there any mention of what happens in a case of a typographical error. So really, they have absolutely no protection against typographical errors on Amazon. Just because their website says one thing, doesn't mean it applies to Amazon. If someone wanted to fight it, you have a pretty clear shot at victory, but TD is going to fight until the end on this one so you better have a lot of time and patience on your hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knew there was a hole somewhere the entire time, but I just couldn't identify it. I'd be willing to get to the bottom of this, though not alone. Anyone care to help me?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think you guys care a little bit too much, i guess ive got better things to do than try to fight this.

This mean that the package won't even come to the door and we should be getting our refunds soon after w/o refusing delivery and whatnot?

I only got 2 order confirmations from Amazon - 1 for initially placing order and 1 for order forwarded to TD, who never sent me any tracking number or notice.

If they don't expect the shipping process to go through, why the fuck do they bother ordering?

You're wasting Amazon's time, you're wasting Tiger Direct's time, you're wasting your own time... all for no reason at all..
Because maybe on the off chance, it might actually go through? There's no reason to get all worked up over this, especially if you didn't order. Why waste everyone's time with the "haha, you guys are idiots" crap? Who knew exactly what was going to happen? I'm sure you didn't and I'm sure nobody else knew.

And I agree with RussianHAXOR. Is there really a need to get upset about it? Contact the BBB? Hope to file a dispute/chargeback in order to get a free item? I sure as hell don't care that much and to be honest, I don't see whats so bad about trying? Aslong as I get my refund, I'm happy.

I understand some people are very well invested in this thing, but thats why i only bought one as to minimize the risk of it being a headache.

There is a middleman flaw still, unless I'm greatly mistaken:

Amazon.com - protected

TigerDirect on Amazon - no Terms of Service to be seen

TigerDirect - protected

Back