Gtx 2080 ti - better performance of system after pc reboot.HELP !!!

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by mgty23, Oct 21, 2018.

1. mgty23

mgty23 Limp Gawd

Hello. Have an question. My cpu is 8700K 4.7ghz and Gtx 2080 ti Windforce OC . Drivers are 411.70.

So my results of TimeSpy graphics score was 12900 points. Tried few loops and the same ( similiar scores ):

Example:

Graphics Score 12 935

Graphics Test 1 83.8 fps
    Graphics Test 2 74.56 fps

Also results in benchmark Assassin Creed Origins was 93 fps average. Far Cry 5 benchmark average fps 120 ,max fps 140 in benchmark.

After restart i dont know why. Timespy graphics score was in range 13500 points,Assassin 97 fps average and Far Cry 5 bench. average 130 fps and max 150 fps. And this is now is similiar with reviews from sites

Example after restart ( tried few loops and similiar scores ):

Graphics Score 13 488

Graphics Test 1 87.59 fps
    Graphics Test 2 77.58 fps

Any ideas why that helped? I monitored temps ,and they not changed ,they are the same. So its not thermal issue or something. Boost is similiar.

Weird is this too that fps unigine superposition was not changed before and after restart and Fire Strike gpu score was not changed.
    So only Far Cry 5 bench, Assassin Origins bench and 3dmark time spy gpu score.

Any ideas?

2. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

Maybe GPU or CPU settings weren’t applied?

3. cybereality

cybereality 2[H]4U

Are you running Afterburner or similar? I would set an aggressive custom fan profile, it could still be thermal related.

Can you try with and without Afterburner?

4. mgty23

mgty23 Limp Gawd

no thermal i said i monitored temps before or after. in bground only steam,,gpuz , noting more.

And if thermal ?"Weird is this too that fps unigine superposition was not changed before and after restart and Fire Strike gpu score was not changed."

So? Only AC Origins bench,FC 5 bench, and time spy GPU score. And just first runs so temps are not even be medi high. Temps no matter.

5. mgty23

mgty23 Limp Gawd

And guess. After pc was idle few hours i check again. And that mentioned lower scores are back until again i restart pc
    What is this? I throw through window that pce of sht. I checked in task manager no processes in background.

And again: Assassin Creed Origins was 93 fps average. Far Cry 5 benchmark average fps 120 ,max fps 140 in benchmark, time spy gpu score 12900 pts.

Temps are fine i said.

6. cybereality

cybereality 2[H]4U

Can you try to use DDU safe mode to uninstall Nvidia driver and reinstall latest fresh?

You say temps are fine, can you state the temperature under load?

7. mgty23

mgty23 Limp Gawd

Ok 99% it was because windows is not activated and after restart that white logo on right down corner dissapeared . And this is propably reason because for example to play GTA V without fps drops i must run with full screen optimizations checked in properties when this logo is on desktop.

8. mgty23

mgty23 Limp Gawd

yeah so resolved must activate windows or hide watermark

cybereality likes this.