GTX 1650 4GB oc

Ghhr43

n00b
hey, I need to upgrade my current GPU (GTX650 1GB oc) into a new one to be able to play
the games I like ( I play mainly simulators) and I don't need a hard gamer card and I don't want now to waste a lot of money
on graphics card because I planning to buy a new pc / make a big upgrades to my current one in 2-3 years from now(maybe little less or more).

I thought about the Gigabyte GTX 1650 4GB oc

my pc specs :
intel core i5-4440
8GB ram
Motherboaord: msi h81m-e33 (I have PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot)
case : cooler master k282
Power supply : Thermaltake lite power LTP-450AL2NK
here is a picture of my psu :
7IyrE8o.jpg

is the GTX 1650 will be good with my PSU ?
is it need UEFI or can also work in legacy bios ?
will I have a bottleneck with the cpu\ ram ?

Now I don't have problems with my psu like loud noise/blue screens/blacks screens or something like that.
(I know that my power supply model is not the best quality one but I can't afford now a new one so if the 1650 card should not be good for my psu, please suggest my about
other GPU that can work good with my current psu).
thanks.

I don't need the super version of the 1650 and it cost something like 40-50$ more than the 1650.. so I just want to know if the GTX 1650 will work with my system (see specs in the OP)
thanks.

I don't need the super version of the 1650 and it cost something like 40-50$ more than the 1650.. so I just want to know if the GTX 1650 will work with my system (see specs in the OP)
thanks.

I'm sure it will work. It doesn't need a lot of power and your board should be able to boot off of UEFI and Legacy devices.

Your running a Haswell i5 and a gpu with a TDP under 100w. Why the hell wouldn't it work?

GPU should be well matched with that CPU. I’d do it.

thanks.

Curious where you seeing that sort of price discrepancy. Checking around the cheapest 1650 is only $20 cheaper than the cheapest 1650 super. For that $20, you are getting about 50% more performance.

I will not have a problem with the psu ?
because some people in other forum says that my psu is "garbage" and should not work properly with the 1650

because some people in other forum says that my psu is "garbage" and should not work properly with the 1650

Some people think unless you're running a 1,200w Seasonic Gold PSU powering a GTX 1050 then you're not doing it right. A vanilla 1650 is a very low wattage card, you'll be fine.

Per nVidia's GTX 1650 specifications page (scroll down for specs), recommended PSU is 300 watt. OC version should be fine with a 450 watt.
the "WATTS" is not the only thing in PSU, if the psu is low quality one it can fail and destroy all the pc compoments, and as I was told from people in "tomshardware" , my "thermaltake lite power 450W" is low quality one
and thats the reason I little shaken and I asking here to hear more opininions from another people..
BTW : by google my PSU model I found other topics by people that had the same psu I have that asked if harder cards will work with that psu and people answered "yes" Although the model is "low quality".

Some people think unless you're running a 1,200w Seasonic Gold PSU powering a GTX 1050 then you're not doing it right. A vanilla 1650 is a very low wattage card, you'll be fine.

thanks, I hope it will work.

also, will I have bottleneck with my proccessor and the ram ?
i5-4440 3.10 GHz
8GB Ram

and also I have legacy bios and not UEFI so is the 1650 also work with Legacy bios ?

thanks.

i5-4440 3.10 GHz
8GB Ram

Your cpu and ram are a good match for the 1650 / super. Won’t be a problem for 60 fps in all but the very latest games.

The only thing garbage is this 'other forum'.

Reactions: Auer
like this
It's an entry level power supply. It's not terrible. It's not great. If you're concerned and it's not covered by a warranty, I can only suggest replacing it. However, it's decent enough quality to last. By the specs on that PSU you have plenty of headroom.

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/thermaltake-litepower-450-w-power-supply-review/7/

It's not the "watts", it's the amps on the relevant rails. You have 33A on that and nvidia rates that as a 75W card that will barely draw over 6 amps (75 / 12 = 6.25 amps).. Tack on your CPU, drives, fans and I doubt this system will even pull 20A under full load.

edit: gtx 650 is rated 64 watts, this upgrade will be a very very tiny increase in power usage under full load....

Reactions: Auer
like this
It's an entry level power supply. It's not terrible. It's not great. If you're concerned and it's not covered by a warranty, I can only suggest replacing it. However, it's decent enough quality to last. By the specs on that PSU you have plenty of headroom.

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/thermaltake-litepower-450-w-power-supply-review/7/

It's not the "watts", it's the amps on the relevant rails. You have 33A on that and nvidia rates that as a 75W card that will barely draw over 6 amps (75 / 12 = 6.25 amps).. Tack on your CPU, drives, fans and I doubt this system will even pull 20A under full load.

edit: gtx 650 is rated 64 watts, this upgrade will be a very very tiny increase in power usage under full load....

thank you for the answer

The only thing garbage is this 'other forum'.

are you in case "NightHawkRMX" from this "other forum" ?

Your cpu and ram are a good match for the 1650 / super. Won’t be a problem for 60 fps in all but the very latest games.

it is not the best card so I don't think I can get 60fps in the new latest games but I mainly play simulators so I assume I'll can play these games on high-ultra setting with no problems right (?)

Last edited:
Of course. Even with PSU degradation your system pulls very little power. The upgrade would have a minute power increase.

If you don't want to worry about your PSU from 2009 failing and frying your stuff, replace it. I recommend higher quality brands such as Seasonic.

the "WATTS" is not the only thing in PSU, if the psu is low quality one it can fail and destroy all the pc compoments, and as I was told from people in "tomshardware" , my "thermaltake lite power 450W" is low quality one
and thats the reason I little shaken and I asking here to hear more opininions from another people..
BTW : by google my PSU model I found other topics by people that had the same psu I have that asked if harder cards will work with that psu and people answered "yes" Although the model is "low quality".

thanks, I hope it will work.

i5-4440 3.10 GHz
8GB Ram

and also I have legacy bios and not UEFI so is the 1650 also work with Legacy bios ?

thanks.

Of course. Even with PSU degradation your system pulls very little power. The upgrade would have a minute power increase.

If you don't want to worry about your PSU from 2009 failing and frying your stuff, replace it. I recommend higher quality brands such as Seasonic.

it is 2016 model, not 2009

PiEJj1q.jpg

and now I can't replace it I'll upgrade the psu in 1-2 years from now( maybe more or less) when I'll do big upgrades to my machine/or I'll buy a new machine.
now in December 2019 or january 2020 I just want to replace the GPU to be able to play the simulator games that now uses DX11 and the GTX650 can't run them properly
I can't and also if I could I don't want to buy a new PSU now because of the big changes that I want to do to my machine in the future or maybe at all I'll buy a new machine..
so my psu can at least enough for the GTX1650(non-super edition) ? I don't need any higher power hungry GPUs..
thanks.

Why are you trolling? Do you have nothing better to do? A quick google search will show you that a modern 450w psu is more than fine for a GTX 1650. If you are doubtful at all, just listen to the other forum and be done with this thread already.

Why are you trolling? Do you have nothing better to do? A quick google search will show you that a modern 450w psu is more than fine for a GTX 1650. If you are doubtful at all, just listen to the other forum and be done with this thread already.
I am not trolling, I just thought that you are the same guy from the other forum that told me in the other forum that my PSU is "low quality" and in this forum and in this forum that my PSU is good for the 1650. I am sorry.

it is 2016 model, not 2009

View attachment 205542

and now I can't replace it I'll upgrade the psu in 1-2 years from now( maybe more or less) when I'll do big upgrades to my machine/or I'll buy a new machine.
now in December 2019 or january 2020 I just want to replace the GPU to be able to play the simulator games that now uses DX11 and the GTX650 can't run them properly
I can't and also if I could I don't want to buy a new PSU now because of the big changes that I want to do to my machine in the future or maybe at all I'll buy a new machine..
so my psu can at least enough for the GTX1650(non-super edition) ? I don't need any higher power hungry GPUs..
thanks.
??

I like Newegg refurbished as I bought this for $46 in 2014 = 12v rail is 53 amps single = so It can run my 375 watt 290x

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-enthusiast-series-tx650-650w/p/N82E16817139089?Item=N82E16817139089

as you can see it is out of stock and in any case I don't buy now a new PSU..[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I run a 1070 and a ryzen 3600 on a 500BR and I used to run a w3680 and a 1070 on a stock Dell 525w psu.. anything more than 500w for you would be complete overkill. 450 is perfect

so I won't have problems with my current PSU even though it is "poor quality" one ? and my psu is from 2016 not 2009..see the picture I posted in earlier comments

I won't have a Bottleneck with my i5-4440 3.10GHz and 8GB ram ?
is the card required UEFI or can also work in legacy bios ?

so I won't have problems with my current PSU even though it is "poor quality" one ? and my psu is from 2016 not 2009..see the picture I posted in earlier comments

No one can promise how your PSU is going to hold up.

Reason why it's suggested that a quality PSU is used is simply because a PSU when it goes bad usually doesnt just go alone, but can take a whole slew of other things with it.

Personally I probably overspend on PSU's (and car tires) but I also sleep well at nights :)

what is the chance that my psu will fail with the 1650 and also destroy with him other parts on my pc?
also now I run GTX 650 with this psu and it is just 10W less than the 1650..

None of us can predict whether or not you will have issues running a new video card on your current power supply. All we can do is make suggestions based upon common knowledge and experience. With 30 plus years in the biz under my belt I'd hope I'd have at least an inkling knowledge to know what I'm talking about.

At one point I was running an Antec 1200 watt PSU to power a stock clocked 4790K, 32GB 2133Mhz DDR3 RAM and a 2nd generation Titan X. The Antec started getting flaky so I pulled it from the system and used a spare Thermaltake 750 watt low quality PSU for a week while I waited for a new Seasonic 1200 watt PSU to arrive. I didn't have a single issue running the system under full load daily.

That said, I suspect you won't have any issues running a 1650, or OC, using your current PSU.

One thing you can do to ease your worry is run a graphics stress test on your system. There are multiple programs available but I like to use Furmark. Ensure you have good case cooling as Furmark will stress your graphics card to its limits.

None of us can predict whether or not you will have issues running a new video card on your current power supply. All we can do is make suggestions based upon common knowledge and experience. With 30 plus years in the biz under my belt I'd hope I'd have at least an inkling knowledge to know what I'm talking about.

At one point I was running an Antec 1200 watt PSU to power a stock clocked 4790K, 32GB 2133Mhz DDR3 RAM and a 2nd generation Titan X. The Antec started getting flaky so I pulled it from the system and used a spare Thermaltake 750 watt low quality PSU for a week while I waited for a new Seasonic 1200 watt PSU to arrive. I didn't have a single issue running the system under full load daily.

That said, I suspect you won't have any issues running a 1650, or OC, using your current PSU.

One thing you can do to ease your worry is run a graphics stress test on your system. There are multiple programs available but I like to use Furmark. Ensure you have good case cooling as Furmark will stress your graphics card to its limits.
can this software kill my pc ? I have only one fan in my case and the other fans is the CPU and the GPU fans.
and also, how will this help me me with the worrie about the GTX1650 when I try the software in the GTX650 ?
thanks.

It will be fine, that card only draws like 75W. Unless the PSU is faulty, there's zero chance it will burn up running that little thing.

It will be fine, that card only draws like 75W. Unless the PSU is faulty, there's zero chance it will burn up running that little thing.

but there were people said that my psu is "Poor quality" and that's the reason to the possible problems.

the "Watts" is not the problem because it is 450W and it can be easily run the 1650 but because the model of the psu is "poor quality" it can "fry" the other parts include the GPU if it fails..

No reason to keep asking the same question that has been answered several times.

The power supply should be able to handle that card no problem, but absolutely no one here can promise anything with our own systems, how are we gonna promise you yours won't fail?

My recommendations:
  • Buy the 1650 Super vice a new power supply, if current power supply is working on current system put the money where it can give you more
    • The 1650 is a waste of money when you have the 1650 Super. Only grab the 1650 if you can't find a 1650 super for sell and you absolutlely need it now
  • Those same power supplies are used in OEM builds that last over 5 years, I would not worry about it, you are not even pushing the power supply rating, probably last over 10 years at the power draw you are using. No promises
What simulations you do?

No reason to keep asking the same question that has been answered several times.

The power supply should be able to handle that card no problem, but absolutely no one here can promise anything with our own systems, how are we gonna promise you yours won't fail?
I little worry because people in "tomshardware" forum told me that my PSU is "trash" and it is not recommend to use it at all and all the more so with new card.. and some people told me that it will be fine to use my current psu with new card so I don't know who said the true from personal experience and who is amateur that think that he knows something in power supplies..

My Evga x58 is still paired with the Corsair TX 950 I bought new March 2010 ..

So my last two new power supply's I bought recent were Corsair CX 650M and they have performed great so far as once in a while it go's on sale for $59 at Beat Buy ,

Last edited:
see what guys in "Jonnyforum" says : http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?17153-about-gigabyte-GTX-1650-4GB-oc

they says that I need to upgrade my PSU before I buy new GPU and here some people says that the 1650 will work fine with my current psu so I don't know what to do
cuz I really need a new graphics card but I scare that I'll have my psu blow up and fry all the other part and some guys says that it will work fine and some says not,
what to do ? :(:(
I really can't replace my power supply now but I'll do it in the future

can this software kill my pc ? I have only one fan in my case and the other fans is the CPU and the GPU fans.
and also, how will this help me me with the worrie about the GTX1650 when I try the software in the GTX650 ?
thanks.
?

I've already provided my opinion regarding your situation and have no further input to contribute.
but you didn't explain me about the software "furnark". I asked you in earlier comments if this software can make any damage to my system/fry a components in my pc and how can this software help to not worry about the 1650 when I still use now the 650?
thanks.

?

but you didn't explain me about the software "furnark". I asked you in earlier comments if this software can make any damage to my system/fry a components in my pc and how can this software help to not worry about the 1650 when I still use now the 650?

?

Contrary to what you may have been told, this is a very low-stakes upgrade. If your PSU wasn't good enough (which it is), then you'd see your PC crash (not permanently, just reboot and continue using it without heavy load) when stress testing it while gaming or using that Furmark application and at that point you can decide to upgrade your PSU. But that's not going to happen provided your PSU can at least supply 300W continuous power, which it can because you'd be hard pressed to even find a cheap no-name OEM mass-production style PSU that couldn't. The GPU has a fan on it and regardless of how bad your case cooling is, it will simply spin up and be louder to keep it cool enough to not cause any damage.

I understand not everyone, even here, is a hardware expert and you're concerned, but you're definitely over-analyzing this upgrade and should just get the card and go from there. Because barring some bizarre hardware failure that could even happen right now without changing anything, you're going to be fine just putting this new card into your PC and driving on with it. I doubt the new card even requires much more power than your current one anyways, if any.

Contrary to what you may have been told, this is a very low-stakes upgrade. If your PSU wasn't good enough (which it is), then you'd see your PC crash (not permanently, just reboot and continue using it without heavy load) when stress testing it while gaming or using that Furmark application and at that point you can decide to upgrade your PSU. But that's not going to happen provided your PSU can at least supply 300W continuous power, which it can because you'd be hard pressed to even find a cheap no-name OEM mass-production style PSU that couldn't. The GPU has a fan on it and regardless of how bad your case cooling is, it will simply spin up and be louder to keep it cool enough to not cause any damage.

I understand not everyone, even here, is a hardware expert and you're concerned, but you're definitely over-analyzing this upgrade and should just get the card and go from there. Because barring some bizarre hardware failure that could even happen right now without changing anything, you're going to be fine just putting this new card into your PC and driving on with it. I doubt the new card even requires much more power than your current one anyways, if any.

but if I use this software(funmark) can't it make any damage to my psu or fry any other components on my pc ? because I want to try it but I don't want to say goodbye to my pc..

Back