GTX 1180 Leaked On Vietnamese Store

With these prices thinking of going AMD video card and a Free-Sync monitor. Looking to upgrade my monitor to a 34-35 wide screen and going NVIDIA (g-sync) is very pricey.
AMD doesn't have a card that can reliably keep a 3440x1440 monitor above 48hz minimum freesync range with games like Vermintide 2 already pushing that boundary. And no new flagship AMD card due till 2021? (the next one after Vega is supposed to be a RX580 replacement, instead of a flagship).

But $1500? I was figuring $800 all along for the 1180. I'll believe $1500 when I see it in a more reliable article.

Last edited:
Actually it is AMD's fault. If they had a competitive card, Nvidia wouldn't be able to charge so much.
AMD is competitive everywhere but against the 1080 Ti and Titan Xp.

Aside from that, as already pointed out, this is fake news. It is driven by people on the internet like this thread who believe NVIDIA is some evil corporation out to screw the customers constantly. If that were the case, NVIDIA would have no customers and the marketshare of discrete GPU they hold wouldn't be possible.

I still remember several people asserting the 1080 Ti would be $850 on release. You can still buy one directly from NVIDIA right now for $699.

You Nvidia fans are so funny. You support a company that continually screws you over and then immediately try to shift the blame to company that is actually trying to keep them in check. If you really want to know why Nvidia cards are so expensive, all you need to do is look in a mirror.

Weren't AMD prices really high in 2014 and Nvidia launched the GTX 970 at $329? Better than their 780 Ti at old prices, and far better than the 770.

Then in 2016 who was going to buy a Fury X over a 1070? Anyone? And then overclock the 1070 without a ton of noise or heat.

AMD doesn't have a card that can reliably keep a 3440x1440 monitor above 48hz minimum freesync range with games like Vermintide 2 already pushing that boundary. And no new flagship AMD card due till 2021? (the next one after Vega is supposed to be a RX580 replacement, instead of a flagship).

I was wondering about that. My current GTX1080 runs 1440p very nicely, and the Vega64 is pretty comparable, but at 3440x1440, not so sure how these cards would run. I have not seen any reviews for that resolution, as it's sort of between 1440p and 4k.

AMD is competitive everywhere but against the 1080 Ti and Titan Xp.

To be fair, it also took AMD over a year (15 months) to finally release cards that were indeed competitive to most of Nvidia's current high-end offerings. Now Nvidia is readying up mainstream Volta cards and AMD likely won't have an answer (Navi) for them for another 8-12 months. So Nvidia will, unfortunately, once again pretty much run unopposed.

Sloppy photoshop. They didn't even blackout the entire World of Warships logo off the 1080 box..

So you're the one to blame!

Also, fake news, all sources say that VAT in vietnam is 10%, which they plan to increase to 12% from 2019
That is only part of the equation...heavy fees on imports

QFT. Real professional staff working here. And people wonder why the tech community is accused of being so toxic...
[Deleted due to my ignorance of acronyms]

Last edited:
These ridiculous prices are what happens when there's no competition.
damn i wonder how much 1180ti gonna cost?? obviously $2000??? this shit getting ridiculous.. what happens when the mining tax hits??? 2500? 3000? man..... f***

With these prices thinking of going AMD video card and a Free-Sync monitor. Looking to upgrade my monitor to a 34-35 wide screen and going NVIDIA (g-sync) is very pricey.

dude VEGA is a beast.. you're lookin at 1080 level of performance. if you can get it at a good price, jump on it!

Kyle...you are entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts!

so what does that one webpage on the whole entire internet have to do with the price of tea in china?

so this "vietwhatever u say" posting is now fact?????????

slow your roll, bro.

anything more than $599 for an evga ftw model and i will be keeping my 1080 till nvidia goes bankrupt

How was I trolling? Pretty sure that lady-boy comment was directed at me. If you don't know what that is you should google it or read what I was responding to...

I was making an observation that the price was almost certainly greatly inflated and the community immediately jumped on the F nvidia bandwagon from most likely fake listing of the 1180, which was on an international website. From being around for a while these intl sites have almost always shown to have greatly inflated pricing plus add in VAT and pre-sale plus their tax system and added costs to sell. And the response from rg was to troll me about lady-boys. Please tell me how any of this is not true.

and btw to me it felt like a bit of tongue in cheek back and forth to me, but maybe I have thick skin.
QFT means "quoted for truth." In short, koomba was agreeing with you.

QFT means "quoted for truth." In short, koomba was agreeing with you.
Oops. I always thought that meant quit f'ing trolling. I'm too old for this shit. Well sorry Koomba... and when I reread it, it makes much more sense lol. koomba

Last edited:
Quite honestly, I am tired of this bullshit with nvidia. Might just pick up a used 980, throw em in sli, and call it a year.

God dammit I'm happy I bought a 1080ti right when it came out. I missed the miner inflation tax, and hopefully my 1080ti will carry me to when the 1180ti prices start to drop (so 2020?).

God dammit I'm happy I bought a 1080ti right when it came out. I missed the miner inflation tax, and hopefully my 1080ti will carry me to when the 1180ti prices start to drop (so 2020?).

I'm immensely happy with my 1080 Ti purchase last July. I sold my GTX 1070 when the prices skyrocketed due to the mining craze and then bought the 1080 Ti FTW3 before their prices were affected. One of the best hardware decisions I've made, ever.

I'm going to hold out until the Volta-based Ti card comes out as I anticipate the 1080 Ti will likely be right around 1170/1180 performance.

No way US & european pricing would be anything like that. This is a long-before launch "troll pricing" at best. We've had CPU price listing being like 3x the price of the retail one in the past, pre-launch.

It's called having a common sense.

I'm expecting $799 which would still be considered expensive from a historical point of view but all things considered where the hardware market is at atm I think it's expected. By then the 1080 Ti should have dropped the 20% or whatever percent and be around 679 ~ $699 typically. The new card will be obviously faster than the price difference would indicate as old cards never drops off as much as they should from a price point of view so if it's like only 15% difference in price, the performance difference should be a bit higher as otherwise they wouldn't sell, I'm calling it now, 30~35% on avg faster.

Last edited:
Fake or not, I think I just piddled myself a little.

JUST A LITTLE DAMMIT!!!

NOW MAKE ONE OF THESE SO YOU CAN TAKE MY MONEY!!
please

The price is misleading since we Vietnamese always get the shaft when it comes to pricing.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I can absolutely fuking promise ALL OF YOU ... when this card launches it will not be anymore than $799 for the 1180.

Who here has a casual $880 dollars with tax in their back pocket? I'm willing to bet almost none of you and I'm not trying to put anyone down. Of course a lot of you can afford this but I'm talking about a lot more than the single digits. I'm taking about "their target audience" the gamers they hope to sell these cards too .... I'm talking casual money as in, yeah, I can wing it / swing it no problem and or, yeah, I'm gonna be broke for the rest of the week but I can handle this.

Think my $799 is low ... really? Ok, so, nVidia is going to come to market with the 1180 and it's going to be $899 ... or, $1,000+ dollars with tax? And all of you guys have that kinda money laying around?

Get your common sense together and quickly.

I will say this. You guys might want to have your ducks in a row and you better be down at Microcenter around 2 or 3am if not sooner cause these are going to go fast and the restocks might take time and the prices are only going to go up would be my guess.

Oh, and bring your $900 or $1000 or $1,100 or $1,200+ dollars .... LMFAO.

I fully anticipate another videocardapocalpse meltdown.

nVidia is on record as saying the new card will cost "slightly" more ... I thought I read. So slightly more would be around $799. I guess we will see.

I can absolutely fuking promise ALL OF YOU ... when this card launches it will not be anymore than $799 for the 1180.

Who here has a casual $880 dollars with tax in their back pocket? I'm willing to bet almost none of you and I'm not trying to put anyone down. Of course a lot of you can afford this but I'm talking about a lot more than the single digits. I'm taking about "their target audience" the gamers they hope to sell these cards too .... I'm talking casual money as in, yeah, I can wing it / swing it no problem and or, yeah, I'm gonna be broke for the rest of the week but I can handle this.

Think my $799 is low ... really? Ok, so, nVidia is going to come to market with the 1180 and it's going to be $899 ... or, $1,000+ dollars with tax? And all of you guys have that kinda money laying around?

Most people buy on credit through paypal. Paypal is the main form of payment at Newegg. Newegg is the number one reseller of Computer parts and equipment. Anyone with a decent job or two can get a credit line of $1500 to start. I DID years ago when my credit score was right around a paltry 600 to feed my upgrade habit. (Yes I grew up its 200 better now). Point is, most are not plopping down cash. It;s just another payment. When mining was going nuts the rumor was Nvidia was going to cash in on it with the 1180 being $999 8Gb version, $1499 16Gb version. Now with mining dying down and limited returns, they have to rethink that. And I think you hit the nail on the head with $799 for the 8Gb version.

To a geek, that's only $100 a month on paypal for 8 months of 4K gaming goodness. If their like me, it will last 2 possibly 3 years before the next upgrade. So that isn't shit for a gamer geek like most of us with Yobs!

Wait, this is what we lost the Vietnam War for? So they could get our capitalist goods before us? Wonder what would have happened if we won?

All of the good stuff is made in Vietnam now on a lighter side at least it's not a founders editon. Personally wouldn't buy one for that price hell that is the same price as the Titan XP or slightly higher.

Most people buy on credit through paypal. Paypal is the main form of payment at Newegg. Newegg is the number one reseller of Computer parts and equipment. Anyone with a decent job or two can get a credit line of $1500 to start. I DID years ago when my credit score was right around a paltry 600 to feed my upgrade habit. (Yes I grew up its 200 better now). Point is, most are not plopping down cash. It;s just another payment. When mining was going nuts the rumor was Nvidia was going to cash in on it with the 1180 being $999 8Gb version, $1499 16Gb version. Now with mining dying down and limited returns, they have to rethink that. And I think you hit the nail on the head with $799 for the 8Gb version.

To a geek, that's only $100 a month on paypal for 8 months of 4K gaming goodness. If their like me, it will last 2 possibly 3 years before the next upgrade. So that isn't shit for a gamer geek like most of us with Yobs!

nVidia is not selling $25,000 and $35,000 dollar "cars" and Newegg is not a bank financing those expensive "cars."

The high-end nVidia cards has never had high market penetration. You can go and look at the numbers over at Steam.

Newegg credit or credit in general is not a viable business model for these companies. While a lot of people do use credit to buy expensive items, nVidia is not in the boardroom saying, "Ok, in 3Q we will be releasing our new architecture, Bill, could you give us our projected sales via Newegg Credit." When I started out building systems for myself and soon friends and shortly after that for the eBay market, and I was a power-seller for a good 7 or 8 years, those systems would be $4,000 dollars, around that price point. Very expensive for the top end. And gaming cards back them were 1/4th of what they were now.

The entire point of me making a post here and or responding to you is to ask people to consider common sense. I'm reading the comments here and on other forums and a lot of you really truly believe these new cards are $1,000 and $1,500 dollars, etc. It's true, video cards have indeed got expensive because of miners and market availability but this is not ... NOT normal. These new cards coming out will not be ultra expensive. nVidia and AMD want to sell it's fans affordable video cards. You guys are not going to see crazy nutty prices. But I do suggest all of you that are interested to be at the doors before they open. Physically or online the night of release. Get rid of your shit now and sit on the cash for however many weeks. I'm returning my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW that I paid well over $1,000 with tax to Microcenter today or tomorrow. I've purposely finagled the system to make sure I had a new 30 day sales ticket these past 3 months.

So, no ... they want gamers of all ages to be able to walk in and use cash, not credit and to pay an affordable price.

On a side not, building credit is extremely easy for anyone on these forums. Ever if you have bad credit, or your 18, etc .. you can apply for and get a "bad-credit" oriented credit card. The limits are usually $250 a month that you can build upon and raise over time. Also, most of the cards have sign-up fees. Get one, absolutely get one and use it. Stop using your debit card everywhere you go. It does nothing for you in terms of building credit. Use the $250 month after month in place of what you would normally use on the debit card anyways and pay it off month after month. You can gain credit score quickly doing this.

Price will depend on power.. incremental power, equal or incremental price. Lots more power, lots more price.
Titan V is very powerful, but that might not translate into these cards.. it looks like these card will be deeply cut down from what that beast is.. only non global NDA reviews will tell the truth.

Back