GTX 1180 Leaked On Vietnamese Store

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
DSOGaming is reporting that for a short time earlier today, Vietnamese store "H2 Extreme Gaming" had the ASUS ROG STRIX 1180 available for pre-order. While the page was taken down quickly, people were able to screenshot the listing, which showed a release date of September 28th and a price tag of *drum roll* ..... $1,530!

Wew lawd! Of course it's unknown if those specs and prices are accurate, but I wouldn't put it passed NVIDIA.

ASUS ROG STRIX 1180 will be using the GT104 chip and will feature 3584 CUDA cores, 16GB of GDDR6 Micron video memory, a 256-bit memory bus and will offer 14.0 Gbps.

Did a quick scan of the comments at DSOG and the general consensus is fake, photo-shopped images. The only part of this that seems remotely credible is the hobbled together specs and price. Rumor a week or two ago was a MSRP of $1000-1400. Can't but help wonder if NV is simply testing the waters before release. That Sept. release date slightly goes with the rumor last week about the Legion desktops.

DSOGaming is reporting that for a short time earlier today, Vietnamese store "H2 Extreme Gaming" had the ASUS ROG STRIX 1180 available for pre-order. While the page was taken down quickly, people were able to screenshot the listing, which showed a release date of September 28th and a price tag of *drum roll* ..... $1,530!

Wew lawd! Of course it's unknown if those specs and prices are accurate, but I wouldn't put it passed NVIDIA.

ASUS ROG STRIX 1180 will be using the GT104 chip and will feature 3584 CUDA cores, 16GB of GDDR6 Micron video memory, a 256-bit memory bus and will offer 14.0 Gbps.
These ridiculous prices are what happens when there's no competition.

Between this price rumor (which isn't shocking really, and at least for me, utterly believable), and the pricing on the GSync 4K HDR monitors...

It just makes me look at Freesync/AMD ecosystem all the more.

GT104 chip? If price tag is true.... 1180 is a ~$1500 midrange part. The 1080 (GP104) msrp at ~$550 .... nearing 200% price increase.

which showed a release date of September 28th and a price tag of *drum roll* ..... $1,530!

is that all? Man, chicken feed (for the few)

GT104 chip? If price tag is true.... 1180 is a ~$1500 midrange part. The 1080 (GP104) msrp at ~$550 .... nearing 200% price increase.

which is just one of the reasons why I bought an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW last month. A week or three ago Newegg had this card posted for $540 AR and IMO folks should have jumped on it but maybe they were too busy waiting for the 11 series?

There was a dog who was carrying a bone and he came upon a pond. And looking into the pond he saw another dog who had a much BIGGER bone than his. And so, when he tried to grab the larger bone his bone fell into the pond.

I see the 11 series release being kinda like that ... I mean, a GPU in mouth is worth 10k in the pond :cool:

Last edited:
Have you thought about going to Jensen Huang's house, holding a large boombox over your head, and playing Peter Gabriel music? That sort of acoustic torture is used in our extraordinary rendition sites to coerce action out of people. It might work here.
So...do we start a gofundme to send Kyle to....wherever that dudes home is?

Did a quick scan of the comments at DSOG and the general consensus is fake, photo-shopped images. The only part of this that seems remotely credible is the hobbled together specs and price. Rumor a week or two ago was a MSRP of $1000-1400. Can't but help wonder if NV is simply testing the waters before release. That Sept. release date slightly goes with the rumor last week about the Legion desktops.

At those prices I guess they have another 300k GPU's they don't want to sell like their current ones.

At this point if it does 60fps in all games at max settings in 4k, I don't care if it's $3000 :(

Would be nice if the aftermarket ones were ready to go out the gate, the STRIX PCB on the Pascal line is great.

Exactly. This is AMDs fault.

Entirely.

Seriously though, I always enjoy the pre-launch speculation, but don't buy a bit of it till Kyle and Brent tell us what's what.

Actually it is AMD's fault. If they had a competitive card, Nvidia wouldn't be able to charge so much.

that's a shit load of dongs!

having been to Vietnam more times than I can count, that price includes about 45% VAT..

but it's still north of 1000 dollars.

and if it follows the naming convention we have had since the 680 it's the little gpu not the biggie.

My apologies. I have not ordered enough lady-boys to be informed of the Vietnamese economy.

That's cuz you're ordering the wrong ones homie. YOU need to be ordering that shit from Thailand if you craving that wicked strange kathoey. Come on bro!

Thought it was fake too. We won't get any real specs "for a long time".

having been to Vietnam more times than I can count, that price includes about 45% VAT..
So you're the one to blame!

Also, fake news, all sources say that VAT in vietnam is 10%, which they plan to increase to 12% from 2019

Last edited:
Nice. Back to 8th grade when challenged on anything. :rolleyes: and when you say enough...

QFT. Real professional staff working here. And people wonder why the tech community is accused of being so toxic...

$1530 bucks?!!

giphy.gif

Actually it is AMD's fault. If they had a competitive card, Nvidia wouldn't be able to charge so much.
You Nvidia fans are so funny. You support a company that continually screws you over and then immediately try to shift the blame to company that is actually trying to keep them in check. If you really want to know why Nvidia cards are so expensive, all you need to do is look in a mirror.

With these prices thinking of going AMD video card and a Free-Sync monitor. Looking to upgrade my monitor to a 34-35 wide screen and going NVIDIA (g-sync) is very pricey.

Back