GTX 10x0 DPC latency issues

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Apparently some 10 series cards are experiencing stuttering in playback and games.

See NVIDIA 10 series High DPC latency issues - Overclockers UK Forums

1080%20dpc%20high.jpg

Linked thread said:
Update nvidia have replicated the issue so there aware

There was another user over at EVGA's forum who had spikes during games, and it turned out that he needed to update his SATA driver.

That's not good.

OTOH, if Nvidia manages to ferret out the issue, then there's some real performance yet to be seen from cards that already lead the pack.

DPC latency checker only work up to Windows 7, so people willing to test should have take that in consideration, with windows 8 and windows 10 it will produce a constant 1000ns latency even if that lag doesn't exist. i've tested myself in the past with AMD and Nvidia cards and yes it was always at 1ms.. and even latencymoon have it's own issues with v1511 of win10... so watch out with what you see in the web.. =)

This type of issue can create all kinds of issues with USB audio devices as well. I hope this gets resolved.

This type of issue can create all kinds of issues with USB audio devices as well. I hope this gets resolved.

Yeah it does. I have a Yulong Sabre DA8II USB DAC/AMP and the DPC latency is killing it. I don't get audio drop outs, the DAC completely stops working after I had a high latency spike until I turn it off and back on. I had to remove my 2 1080's because of this.

Glad I wasn't an early adopter of Pascal, being the audio nerd I am lol.

I actually had some audio issues with my previous 980 ti (audio glitches when the card was switching power states and I was using ASIO) but the one I replaced it with after it broke doesn't do it at all.
I'm sure it will be fixed by the time the Titan or ti variant comes out anyway :)

I did have a DPC issue with my GTX 980 sli but I can't remember what ended up resolving it. Generally the better your PC is for gaming the worse it sounds feeds an async USB dac, in my experience. Forturnately my next DAC (Ayre QX-5 Twenty) will have ethernet.

I remember now how I fixed it on GTX 980. You have to stop it from throttling and just fix it at maximum clock speed. It is the throttling that caused it.

I remember now how I fixed it on GTX 980. You have to stop it from throttling and just fix it at maximum clock speed. It is the throttling that caused it.
Yep so exactly the same issue I had then. I don't know if nvidia fixed it through drivers but my current EVGA 980 ti isn't doing it (my previous 980 ti was a different brand).

If you read the link you'll find that there's now a latency checker for Windows 10.

And if you click the links in those links you will see the one he is using will not work on 8 or newer. Latencymon, which looks nothing like that program, does work fantastic, DPC Latency Checker, does not.

And if you click the links in those links you will see the one he is using will not work on 8 or newer. Latencymon, which looks nothing like that program, does work fantastic, DPC Latency Checker, does not.
Yes, the OP will need to run LatencyMon, not DPC Latency Checker.

Direct quote from DPC Latency Checker website:
Windows 8 Compatibility: The DPC latency utility runs on Windows 8 but does not show correct values. The output suggests that the Windows 8 kernel performs badly and introduces a constant latency of one millisecond, which is not the case in practice.
SOURCE

This is going to be the same on Windows 10.

That's some gnarly DPC latency!

Just ran a scan and my absolute maximum hit 148.

Obviously using the Matrox's Xonar drivers otherwise my numbers would be much, much higher.

GeForce Hot Fix driver version 368.95 that addresses the following:
  • Fixed DPC latency bug on Pascal GPUs.

Back