GTX 1080ti crashing games and only games for some reason?

Drxc0

n00b
So I recently built myself a computer. I got windows, installed all the drivers and made sure they were up to date. Installed some games and tried to start playing but a few seconds after startup I can hear a whining sound from my graphics card and then it crashes and gives me an error that the problem is the programs fault and not my graphics card's. I have no clue how to fix this after many hours of troubleshooting, please help, thank you.

So I recently built myself a computer. I got windows, installed all the drivers and made sure they were up to date. Installed some games and tried to start playing but a few seconds after startup I can hear a whining sound from my graphics card and then it crashes and gives me an error that the problem is the programs fault and not my graphics card's. I have no clue how to fix this after many hours of troubleshooting, please help, thank you.

You're going to have to provide a little more info like the rest of your specs. What do you mean by "whining" sound? Fans running at full blast?

Cap whine is not unusual and not often cause for failure rather just annoying. Most modern game have a file check system through the launcher software definitely try that. Sometimes old setting remain previous hardware that are incompatible with current hardware so clear caches and game setting files. In spite of the software error reported crashes most always are either GPU drivers, DRM software or thermal issues. Most likely the latter when you consider this is a new build I assume it's a fresh copy of windows. If not, reinstall windows anew. Even on a new build windows sometimes install GPU drivers for you if you have Ethernet attached at the time of install one reason why I always unplug it during windows installation. You could try a clean install of your GPU driver and use DDU just make sure to boot to safe mode to clean. Finally as kirbyrj suggest we don't have crystal balls

Most modern cards have coil whine. What power supply you running, rest of specs. Oh, and that's Windows telling you it's the games fault and not it.s own fault, so you don't blame Microsoft for your woes.

Last edited:
OP we need you to answer some questions.

1610375797667.png

I wonder it he connected his "legit" 1080ti into the USB 3.0 slot at least.

1610377553992.png

I've read recently here of 1080Ti's crashing with the new memory window option in bios (can't remember the name) enabled. Did you enable that?

Back