GTX 1080 SLI missing settings

antok86

[H]F Junkie
i am not finding an SLI settings in the nvidia control panel. it appears that my system sees both cards.

Card 1 - Evga 1080gtx sc - monitor connectd via DP
Card 2 - Evga 1080 gtx founders

Capture1_zpswazd5e9v.png

Capture2_zpsvutwxuiu.png

using two ribbon sli bridges

5EF2174C-8329-45D9-B5FB-B842DF97C123_zpsrpxuxc3j.jpg

I don't know if this makes a difference. But how come you're using Asus bridges when you have gigabyte motherboard? I never tried using different bridges, but it could potentially be a problem.

I would just try one and see if it works.

I don't know if this makes a difference. But how come you're using Asus bridges when you have gigabyte motherboard? I never tried using different bridges, but it could potentially be a problem.

I would just try one and see if it works.
its what i had laying around from previous builds. its just branding

I've never had an issue with SLI two differently branded cards as long as the GPU and memory configuration were the same. Even with differing factory OC's they still would SLI

I've never had an issue with SLI two differently branded cards as long as the GPU and memory configuration were the same. Even with differing factory OC's they still would SLI

Wasn't it always identical? It's what I remembered from the ole geforce faq. Differentsli can trick the registry into enabling it if all the other factors check out. I assumed he had his ducks in line. But hmm, looking at his pic of the bridges again it looks like he's using the last slot which is x4 which disables sli.

Wasn't it always identical? It's what I remembered from the ole geforce faq. Differentsli can trick the registry into enabling it if all the other factors check out. I assumed he had his ducks in line. But hmm, looking at his pic of the bridges again it looks like he's using the last slot which is x4 which disables sli.
You are probly right on which pci slots. Ill move it up one and test

Nope, my last SLI setup consisted of an Asus and EVGA 680's. The Asus had factory clocks while the evga was factory over-clocked.

i am now seeing the sli setup in the nvidia controls. it now places my cards to close together..=(

Yeah, motherboard manufacturers should think a little more when it come to there PCI-e layout. Sometimes it feels as if they just slap them on without thinking at all.

I ran three 8800gtx heat monsters in tri-sli for about 7 years and the clearance between cards was almost zero. You will be fine.

Yeah, motherboard manufacturers should think a little more when it come to there PCI-e layout. Sometimes it feels as if they just slap them on without thinking at all.

Not always and not in this case. He's using a matx board, it was his purchasing decision to go with that type of board. And board makers don't decide layout, that is dictated by the Intel.

Not always and not in this case. He's using a matx board, it was his purchasing decision to go with that type of board. And board makers don't decide layout, that is dictated by the Intel.

You are right to a certain extent, but Gigabyte could have made the last PCI-e slot the 8x and the middle one the 4x slot. Intel only sets how many PCI-e lanes there are, not how the boards themselves are laid out, that is up to the individual manufacturers.

You are right to a certain extent, but Gigabyte could have made the last PCI-e slot the 8x and the middle one the 4x slot. Intel only sets how many PCI-e lanes there are, not how the boards themselves are laid out, that is up to the individual manufacturers.

They'd have to break spec and customize the layout. This issue here is more of a bad choice on the part of the user and I'm not a fan of blaming the mb maker in this respect.

Back