GTX 1080 Retail Store Availability Only Founders Edition?

Total paper launch. Nvidia strikes again. The 8800 and 400 series are the only cards I remember with any actual stock available on launch day from these clowns. You'd think they'd learn...

Ended up getting on from EVGA and will have it tomorrow. $55 for shipping was not bad since that is how much tax would have cost me.

Son of a bitch. Same at Denver. They got 20 and they sold out at freakin' 9AM without warning of an early opening. I guess they're getting more this afternoon, but they're already spoken for.
Had I known about the 9AM thing, I would have been there. At this point I'll just wait a week for the STRIX and its extra HDMI.

Son of a bitch. Same at Denver. They got 20 and they sold out at freakin' 9AM without warning of an early opening. I guess they're getting more this afternoon, but they're already spoken for.
Had I known about the 9AM thing, I would have been there. At this point I'll just wait a week for the STRIX and its extra HDMI.

NO microcenter is getting more today. 2 week wait for next shipment.

Yeah I got really lucky. My buddy said he would buy this card off me once I get the FTW edition. This has been the worst release of video cards ever, I honestly think they did this shit on purpose with a 3 day weekend upcoming.

Same nonsense at Baltimore Microcenter. Manager said 20 people were lined up at 7am for the 1080. They opened at 9am, without notice, and the 15-20 cards in stock were gone. Par for the course with this sloppy Pascal launch.

this is why i just don't bother. Seems like a lot of effort just to have better cards drop at equal or lower price in a months time. Although I would love to replace my gtx 680, I think I will just wait for the Ti version.

You sure? They swore that they were unloading the truck (you could see it outside) and were told there were were another 10 on it.

That was their evening truck and they were just lazy. No more deliveries scheduled for 2 weeks on Retail GTX 1080s at MC

I snagged the EVGA from Newegg earlier, it's been sitting at order verification for the last 2 hrs. Customer Support just told me "The order processing time is 1-2days"

Oh well, if it doesn't actually ship, i'll just grab the Strix on 6/4.

On a side note, I had "Pre-Ordered" the Asus FE from B&H but promptly cancelled the order when people started to get cancellation notices from B&H.

They're probably only selling a certain number of these cards before the custom cards show up.

I snagged the EVGA from Newegg earlier, it's been sitting at order verification for the last 2 hrs. Customer Support just told me "The order processing time is 1-2days"

Oh well, if it doesn't actually ship, i'll just grab the Strix on 6/4.

On a side note, I had "Pre-Ordered" the Asus FE from B&H but promptly cancelled the order when people started to get cancellation notices from B&H.

Do they have a product page for the strix? Ive been hunting for an AIB model but cant even find any info on when they will have them up.

The Microcenter in Saint Louis Park, MN had 12 total 10 evga and 2 pny. I came at 8:45 and was 16th in line..... Still hoping they get another shipment today......

Glad I didn't get my hopes up. That is where I would have been.

Do they have a product page for the strix? Ive been hunting for an AIB model but cant even find any info on when they will have them up.

Not that I've seen. (some people claimed they were able to pre-order the eVGA AiB cards from eVGA's website before it crashed this morning) The date was based on Asus's posting linked on the news section. Just says should be available 6/4.

If you want an FE card, Nvidia's store page has re-stocked them several times today.

At the Saint Louis Park, MN Microcenter they got another shipment around 11 which should be the last. They sold 20 cards today.

Believe me almost every sales person and person who was working at microcenter wished they got 100 total. Then they wouldn't have to deal with this circus they were forced to deal with.

It's funny looking at GTX 1080 sold listings on eBay. Looks like 10 sold between 11 and 12am with most going for between $1,100 and $ 1,300 with a couple of good "deals" at around $1,000.

I have had a 1080 in my shopping basket a few times today from various online places, but didn't pull the trigger.

Guess a lot of guys are just too lazy to spend even 10 minutes hunting one down at $699, and go for the eBay scalper prices instead.

It's funny looking at GTX 1080 sold listings on eBay. Looks like 10 sold between 11 and 12am with most going for between $1,100 and $ 1,300 with a couple of good "deals" at around $1,000.

I have had a 1080 in my shopping basket a few times today from various online places, but didn't pull the trigger.

Guess a lot of guys are just too lazy to spend even 10 minutes hunting one down at $699, and go for the eBay scalper prices instead.

Yeah, that's just ridiculous. I would have to be filthy rich to justify buying at over MSRP just to get one early, even then I don't think I could bring myself to overpaying for the FE of all cards.

Dropping an extra $300+ (rather than waiting a week or taking an hour to refresh the Nvidia store page) for the reference cards is a bit wild.
I'm guilty of the "I want it NOW mentality" but even I have to draw the line somewhere.

Regarding Micro Center, you had to be in line pretty early for most of the stores I think. When you've got people lining up at 6-7AM and they only get 20 cards or whatever.. doesn't really matter if they opened at 9AM. There were probably more people than cards by then anyways. Not an official event or anything, but people waiting for hours before they opened regardless.

Paper launch. Nvidia style. Yet again. Told you.

How does this statement even make sense? The cards are real. They sold thousands of them today. The demand is just high.

I had two in my cart twice right when they released (Best Buy and then NVIDIA.com) but balked and wanted to wait for NewEgg (no tax) - ended up getting some at the end of the day at EVGA direct. One arrives Tuesday and one I guess will ship on Tuesday as it's approved/pending shipment.

Bottom line: if you wanted a card and tried you could get one. Hell, I'm in friggin' Australia right now (live in MN) and I was able to snag cards while staying awake late and then going to bed and grabbing some in the AM.

BS I was awake at 3 and on at 830 looking everywhere. Not a card to be seen anywhere. Local MC sold out in minutes. Paper launch. Just as I said before GL finding these in stock anywhere until Summer unless you're lucky.

BS I was awake at 3 and on at 830 looking everywhere. Not a card to be seen anywhere. Local MC sold out in minutes. Paper launch. Just as I said before GL finding these in stock anywhere until Summer unless you're lucky.

Ah, gotcha. You're just butthurt.

Use this site: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Pre-order & In Stock Tracker - NowInStock.net and keep some of the more common links open in browser (based on what you want to buy, I.E. if EVGA FE then have that link to NewEgg, Amazon, etc. open in your browser as you surf and just F5 it once in a while. You'll get a card or two.

Yeah I had Best Buy cards in cart and the damn website kept insisting I pick them up at some store a couple states away. That slowed me down long enough to miss those. Then I dicked around trying to add credit card info for NV direct.. missed those. But they were there for sure, just not a ton of them. I ended up getting a card at MC. Local tore had 35 and allegedly they'll be getting consistent restock. Long weekend makes some logistics issues I bet.

I appreciate this launch, it allowed me to get an EVGA 980 ti SC backplate for $380 on Craigslist. There are no 1080s in Houston but there are a bunch of 980s popping up on Craigslist.

Ah, gotcha. You're just butthurt.

Use this site: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Pre-order & In Stock Tracker - NowInStock.net and keep some of the more common links open in browser (based on what you want to buy, I.E. if EVGA FE then have that link to NewEgg, Amazon, etc. open in your browser as you surf and just F5 it once in a while. You'll get a card or two.
Ahh wtf? You are full of shit. I checked 6 physical stores, Newegg and Amazon. No 1080 to be found. This was a paper launch, terrible availability.

Ahh wtf? You are full of shit. I checked 6 physical stores, Newegg and Amazon. No 1080 to be found. This was a paper launch, terrible availability.

I've been checking that site and had three or four opportunities to buy a 1080 over the last couple of days. You can even get text alerts sent to your phone when stock is available. If you didn't get a card, you weren't using the tools available to you. Other people use the site to quickly burn through any retailers inventory before slow people get a chance. It's the modern age, you gotta use modern tools instead of poking around in a car. Early bird gets the worm.

I've been checking that site and had three or four opportunities to buy a 1080 over the last couple of days. You can even get text alerts sent to your phone when stock is available. If you didn't get a card, you weren't using the tools available to you. Other people use the site to quickly burn through any retailers inventory before slow people get a chance. It's the modern age, you gotta use modern tools instead of poking around in a car. Early bird gets the worm.

Or just order from a site that does backorders and it will show up when it gets in.

What good does it do anyone by you spamming this link all over? So you are showing people something they can't buy? I've already got my cards (snatched up 4 FEs) but really, wtf man?

He generally posts these links when there's availability. I don't think DooKey is trolling or anything :)

Back