GTX 1070 on its way!

pclausen

Gawd
Just placed my order with nVidia!

gtx1070.PNG

Suck that they appear to charge tax to all states, but oh well, what can you do. NewEgg don't have 'em yet and I will be busy later today, so it was now or never. :D

hmm... $24 in sales tax for the convenience of ordering today... What's wrong with waiting until newegg gets them back in stock?

or better yet, waiting a month for the regular edition to come out?
$379 (no tax) vs. $473

so an extra $94 just so you can get your card next week vs waiting a couple of weeks?

Yeah, the FE is definitely the "early adopter's tax"

Yeah, basically a $100 premium over the AIB card from NewEgg with no taxes. However, the 1080 AIBs are no where in sight yet either, and they were supposed to be released on June 6th. This 1070 FE is going in my HTPC, so I'm not worried about OC ability and the blower style fan is a plus for what I'll be using it for.

Congrats. I prefer NVIDIA reference and blowers, myself. Made FE worth the extra $100 for me.

Lol, I just got EVGA 1080 ACX for 619 from newegg after clicking this site to death. SO much for promising myself to settle for 1070.

Almost $500 for a x70 series card is just insane. Enjoy your new graphics card

Yeah.....Not in for 449, but here in a couple weeks 349 sounds much better :)

I think reason to launch the 1070 FE first is probably because they want to control demand until supply ramps up. So sell as many as you can to make some extra dollars cuz they know early adopters will pay that tax.

I have an FE on the way too. The way I see it my 980 would continue to plummet in value so the cost delta would be close. I plan on using the EVGA step up program to go 1080 a couple of months down the road so I will have my cake and eat it too

I did not pay sales tax. I got it from Newegg

Current card 459
AIB. 2 weeks or more 379

980 today used worth 280
2weeks or more. 200

I get my full 459 toward a 619 1080 in a month or so when I can spring for the extra dough. Works for me. It is not always about the hype. It's about enthusiasm and making shit happen. 3440x 1440 is where it's at for me

hmm... $24 in sales tax for the convenience of ordering today... What's wrong with waiting until newegg gets them back in stock?

or better yet, waiting a month for the regular edition to come out?
$379 (no tax) vs. $473

so an extra $94 just so you can get your card next week vs waiting a couple of weeks?

Yeah, the FE is definitely the "early adopter's tax"
Obviously he thought he was something special by posting a thread about getting the card lol

yeah I have my eyes on an EVGA 1070 SuperClocked - if I can score it from NewEgg - that's no tax and dirt cheap shipping. I have shoprunner free two day shipping via newegg, but doesn't seem to apply to 1070 or 1080 products.

I'd really like to purchase through Amazon so I could use my 3% cashback card, but the odds of me having to pay tax go up quite a bit as there are two distribution centers (that I know of) in our state.

Is everyone going to make a thread everytime they place an order lol. I think we need a "Post here if you were able to order your card" thread. I think that be a great idea.

Is everyone going to make a thread everytime they place an order lol. I think we need a "Post here if you were able to order your card" thread. I think that be a great idea.

Usually there's an "owners club" thread.

Back