GTX 1070 no display out on AM4 board?

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
I vaguely remember some problem with this a few years ago but I can't quite pull it out of the mush that is now my brain. I have a working GTX 1070, it works in my Z690 board and it also works in the Z170 board it came off of. I was attempting to get it to run in my X570/5600x machine and I get no display. Originally I had a red VGA led and then I remembered there was something with the DP, so I ran Nvidias DP firmware update. Now there is no errors indicated by the motherboard, it fully boots into Windows but there is no display signal.

I tried turning PCI-E 4.0 off in the bios, and I'm not using TPM. Anyone have an idea?

Maybe the mobo doesn't like the card in UEFI mode? Try legacy mode if possible. Only thing that pops into my mind at the moment.

Maybe the mobo doesn't like the card in UEFI mode? Try legacy mode if possible. Only thing that pops into my mind at the moment.

I just tried it, and it didn't make a difference. However after some research I found out HDMI should not be affected and indeed, HDMI works fine I just can't run the monitor at its full 165hz. Kinda weird the DP ports still don't work after updating the firmware which was supposed to be the fix.

I'm guessing that the motherboard is on the latest bios also?

I had a similar problem except the other way around (AMD RX6800XT card would only work on AMD motherboard not on Intel) and I had to RMA it to fix the issue. They sent back my same card, so the issue had to be something with the vbios of the card. I'm guessing there's a fix out there for your situation, but I'm not sure if it's publicly available.

I'm guessing that the motherboard is on the latest bios also?

I had a similar problem except the other way around (AMD RX6800XT card would only work on AMD motherboard not on Intel) and I had to RMA it to fix the issue. They sent back my same card, so the issue had to be something with the vbios of the card. I'm guessing there's a fix out there for your situation, but I'm not sure if it's publicly available.

I'm not sure on the bios but I haven't updated it in at least 2 years, its not going to stay there permanently I was just doing some benchmarks after I cleaned and repasted the card. I'm quite surprised because on paper the 1070 is slightly faster than my spare Radeon RX 6600 8GB, but it is getting absolutely crushed in reality.

Display port is kind of a shit show between the monitor, GPU, and cable it will consistently find a way to fail a handshake

One thing you could try is (that you may have already) is manually set the appropriate slot to gen 3 mode. You said you disabled Gen 4 but I'm not clear in my head if that means your bios had a specific toggle for Gen 4 or what. Figured I'd mention this anyway.

One thing you could try is (that you may have already) is manually set the appropriate slot to gen 3 mode. You said you disabled Gen 4 but I'm not clear in my head if that means your bios had a specific toggle for Gen 4 or what. Figured I'd mention this anyway.

Yeah its forced gen 3. Sorry for the confusion. Anyways, I got my testing done so its not an issue, but if my lizard brain didn't remember about HDMI I would have been frustrated for days.

If your GTX 1070 is not displaying any output on your AM4 board, it could be a problem with either the graphics card or the motherboard. Firstly, you should check to see if the graphics card is properly seated in the motherboard and that the power connectors are securely connected. Secondly, make sure that the monitor is connected to the correct port on the graphics card. If both of these checks are okay, then it is likely that the graphics card is faulty and needs to be replaced.

My RTX 3070 runs fine on AM4, if an AMD card was in the system before hand, that needs to be cleared out before you can start with Nvidia

C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\Bin64\AMDCleanupUtility.exe

Also reset your cmos

My RTX 3070 runs fine on AM4, if an AMD card was in the system before hand, that needs to be cleared out before you can start with Nvidia

C:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\Bin64\AMDCleanupUtility.exe

Also reset your cmos
If your GTX 1070 is not displaying any output on your AM4 board, it could be a problem with either the graphics card or the motherboard. Firstly, you should check to see if the graphics card is properly seated in the motherboard and that the power connectors are securely connected. Secondly, make sure that the monitor is connected to the correct port on the graphics card. If both of these checks are okay, then it is likely that the graphics card is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Its a problem specific to the 10-series and the display port firmware.

Back