GTX 1070 Folding results

HAF72

1337 :)
Just got in my EVGA GTX 1070 SC today! I have so far completed 1 WU and am getting an estimate of 715,000 PPD. Running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. Pretty amazing how we can get that kind of PPD for less than $500 now.

UPDATE: See post #5 for update. Looks like it has steadied at 560k PPD now after 12 hours in. PRCG 9208

yufARJr.jpg

Please ignore my folding name, I had that account since I was 14. :)

Last edited:
Congrats ! And thanks for sharing.

That's 5 seconds faster per frame compared to my Linux-980TI. Can you see/share the power draw while folding and the temps ? Can't wait to get one pascal myself.

Last edited:
That's nearly a minute faster than my 980ti has posted on that project so 200k PPD more, if that's coming off of a 150w gpu then I'm definitely getting a couple

Congrats ! And thanks for sharing.

That's 5 seconds faster per frame compared to my Linux-980TI. Can you see/share the power draw while folding and the temps ? Can't wait to get one pascal myself.

Left my computer on overnight with F@H running, GTX 1070 load temp at 75C. Will put on a kill a watt later and report back.

UPDATE: been folding for about 12 hours now and looks like it has steadied at 560k PPD. Still not bad at all.

eyiYnKJ.jpg

Last edited:
What I read the ordered card has a slight factory OC ; that's plus fan speed is all I need; I'm not so much in OC.
  • コアクロック (MHz):1797(ブーストクロック) / 1607
  • メモリクロック (MHz):8108
The Pascal, a slight overclock and Linux driver should place this card good above my 980TI. And downgrade my 970 to a fancy, heavy paperweight.

Want another gtx 1070 now xD sorry havent got out that power draw. Got too busy before leaving for vacation

as I could not wait for the sea hawk version of 1070/80 I got myself the MSI 1070 Gaming X, stock-overclocked; lazy as I am.

First I put it into my CentOS box and failed miserably to update the driver to 367.27. Lots kernel panics and never seen errors. Instead of long search what's the reason I came to the conclusion it's time to refresh the CentOS box and reinstall; as its a dedicated box not a big deal. Used the chance to get me also a Win 8 Pro in dual boot (just in case I want to test some windows stuff).

Finally it works great together under Linux as it should.

image.png

As for performance I'm quite satisfied, the 1070 in this configuration is on par with the SeaHawk 980TI with less power. The fans are amazing silent on the MSI; need to get used to the fact that they spin only once it get warm on the GPU. But that's just a question of few seconds while folding.

Happy camper here :)

Is your 1070 running naked, or is it in case with fans ? Similar temperatures between Sea Hawk and Gaming X looks great...

Oh no, please don't ask ... Now as you did: it's in a case with vertical MB with room to breath upwards. Right now the side panel remain open and the room AC is running on 28C.

Want a pic ?
image.jpeg

Don't say anything about my cable management :whistle:

CPU is on water, too. The Sea Hawk blows out to the front. There is a single slot space between both GPUS
My next build will be a horizontal MB setup for easier maintenance.

If you have the room, lay the case on its side, you should see lower temps

Another learning from your screen capture would be Pascal also computes in P2 state instead of P3 ? (with reduced memory clock ?

Folding uses the P2 state.

What driver were you using before the 1070 addition? How does 367.27 compared to 346.96 in Linux?

If you have room I'd separate the 2 generations. 346.96 is much faster for Maxwell.

Back