gtx 1060 strix

I doubt it will really effect temperatures, I have he 1070 strix with the same cooler and it is extremely quiet and efficient. Does it shake or make any noise from being out of balance? I have heard pretty terrible thing about asus customer support, I am sure the will fix it but I would try to avoid rma if at all possible. I could be a long process. Maybe try contacting them perhaps they could send you a replacement if the cooler fans are serviceable.

I doubt it will really effect temperatures, I have he 1070 strix with the same cooler and it is extremely quiet and efficient. Does it shake or make any noise from being out of balance? I have heard pretty terrible thing about asus customer support, I am sure the will fix it but I would try to avoid rma if at all possible. I could be a long process. Maybe try contacting them perhaps they could send you a replacement if the cooler fans are serviceable.

Im playing only black desert,and the temp dosent go higher then 55.No noise or shaking,but is the only one fan that spin. Should i wait until i fix it? can this fan affect my gpu? also ty for reply.

Im playing only black desert,and the temp dosent go higher then 55.No noise or shaking,but is the only one fan that spin. Should i wait until i fix it? can this fan affect my gpu? also ty for reply.
only 1 of 3 fans spins? If so i wold probably send it in. As long as the temps are fine you should be ok using until you get it repaired. Im pretty sure that cooler is overkill for a 1060 anyways, most have a single fan.

The fans aren't supposed to kick on until 60 if I'm not mistaken. Sounds like your unit may have a problem.

if i remove that fan,and temp is ok,can i use it until i can buy another one?
If the temps are good, you should be fine using it until you get a replacement or warranty. Contact Asus and ask them to send you a replacement fan, chances are they will say no, but its worth a shot. Explain to them it broke on its own and send them pics. Other option is taking the fan out and cross referencing the part number and buying a replacement.

These may work but ae pricey. : ASUS STRIX GTX970 980 780 STRIX-R9285 PLD10015S12H Graphics Card Cooling Fan

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back