GTX 1060 Pricing Spike... Here to stay?

Engr62

Gawd
So, I picked the wrong time to try to find a GTX 1060. As recently as November of 2017, I saw several 6gb versions for sale here in the $160 range.

Now that I'm trying to buy one, they get snapped up immediately when listed here in the $230-$250 range. On eBay, the MSI GTX 1060 6Gb Gaming (the one I really want) is selling for $300+. Other brands pop up on NewEgg for $270-$280 from time to time.

Since I just recently started looking for one, I've not really been watching their price over an extended time. I know the 1060 is the sweet spot for miners, and its price is inflated because of this. However, is some of this just related to the Christmas price spike, and I can expect the price of used cards to return to the sub $200 range? Or are these prices here to stay until the next generation cards are released?

I just never seem to get money to spend on computer-related stuff at the right time.

This more has to do with Ethereum going up $350 per coin. I suspect you'll be waiting a solid month or two. The question then becomes how much more is Nvidia producing with the 11 series suppose to come out early 2018... If they are trying to switch gears production may be low on the 10 series card so they don't end up having a ton of old standing product to move.

I don't recall seeing a single 6gb version on these forums for less than $200 since prior to June... if I saw it, I would have bought them.

Back