gtx 1060 and x58 combination issue

ReactorXIV

n00b
I am looking for people with these components, Asrock X58 Extreme and a GTX 1060 6G (any brand). I have this combination running on Windows 10 and my gpu is a Gigabyte Windforce OC but any GTX 1060 6G will behave the same I believe. There is a Warning in the Event Viewer with a frequency of 5 to 500 per second which hogs the log and makes troubleshooting with it for other problems extremely hard. I am not looking for troubleshooting (unless you know what's the problem) but I want people that have this combination of components to tell me if they have this warning as well or they don't so that I can determine if it's a driver bug or something with my system. The warning happens with a frequency of 5 to 500 per second (which makes the event log only hold events of the last hour tops) and is the warning bellow.

Event ID: 17
A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)
Bus: Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Vendor ID: Device ID: 0x8086:0x3405
Class Code: 0x30000

Does this only happen with the 1060? Cause I have a 980 on a X58 board if you want me to check my event viewer also.

Yeah, it doesn't happen with the 2 other cards I tested. Thanks for trying to help but I already have determined the components that are causing this thing but I need someone else with the same (or very similar, like other brand maybe?) to tell me if he experience these warnings too, so that I could know if my parts are defective or if it's something software related (like windows 10 or nvidia drivers).
PS: I have already contacted nvidia support but they don't seem to acknowledge the problem since they say they don't have similar reports of this issue but its natural since determining what component is responsible for this isn't that easy or founding out about these warnings in the first place is unlikely since you have to get out of your way and check for it.

First things first. You've verified you're on the newest bios revision for that motherboard?

Not sure if this is of any help but I am running a x58 DFI with an Asus gtx1060 (6Gb) without any problems, I am on W7 though.

Raiju thanks, changing operating system is the only thing I haven't tested (older windows like 7 or reinstal) your answer is helpful.

Raiju thanks, changing operating system is the only thing I haven't tested (older windows like 7 or reinstal) your answer is helpful.
Are you sure you have a clean install on your current OS? Have you reinstalled after the hardware change?

Jorona, yes I have the newest bios, tested lots of different nvidia driver versions and uninstalled them with ddu each time, tested other gpus, tested ram. I don't think you can suggest something that could help and thats why I mentioned I am not looking for help in troubleshooting. Only thing I can do is check other OS.

When you get a stream of error correction events, usually it's unhappy hardware. Bad card or connection.

Back