GTX 1050 TI | Fans spinning, but no leds are on

nilixiqu

n00b
Hello.
I've had my 1050 ti for about 4 years, and I've had this issue once, about a month ago, and I somehow fixed it, and have no idea what I did, so I'm stuck.
So when I turn my computer on, my whole computer comes on, and gpu aswell, with leds and fans spinning for about 3 to 5 seconds, then the leds go off and nothing posts, the fans are still spinning and my computer is on, but no posts. I take the gpu out, and it posts no problem. I've tested the gpu with 2 separate systems, and the gpu does the same exact thing with both. I really hope my 1050 ti isn't dead, since I can't afford a new one, and my warranty is already void. Any advice on what to do?

If you set the motherboard to boot from onboard video (I am assuming you have it, otherwise, this whole idea is moot) and move the monitor's video connection to the motherboard, does the system still successfully boot? If so, you'll probably have more diagnosis options than just poking at it from the outside.

Other than that, does the GPU require an extra 6pin? I know the GTX1050Ti is notable for not requiring it, but some vendors still mandated it.

If you have other video cables, do any of those work?

Back