GTR2 Barcelona GP circuit TimeTrials

1:35 in Lambo with my good old keyboard. I can't seem to repeat that lap at all though and usually get somewhere in the 1:42 range.

1:40.7 in the lambo. Used my keyboard. Simulation mode. Traction control=low ABS=high

It was a good lap. I drifted around the last corner and lost some time, but it was sweet :D

Regarding the ghost car, the option in time trial mode only turns off the raceline of the ghost car.
You need to edit the plr file in \GTR2Demo\UserData\"yourusername"\

Look for this in the file.

Ghost min alpha distance="0.50000"
Ghost max alpha distance="50.00000"
Ghost min alpha value="0.00000"
Ghost max alpha value="1.00000"

Change max alpha to "0.00000"
When the ghost car passes thro you, you'll still hear its engine and a slight graphical glitche in your hood.

Alternatively, do a very slow lap. Return to garage and save it. Then turn on persistant and load your slow lap ghost car. Now it will still be on the circuit, but you'll over take it right at the start and not see it again.

thanks a bunch. Sometimes I find the ghost car distracting when I just want to do laps for a while.

In the full game you will have a practise mode as well I think. Also you can in race weekend run practise and qually sessions in the demo :)

Anyone have a link to a fast server to download the demo? I am getting crap speeds from all the links I find.

1:41 flat in the Lambo, Simulation mode, no traction control or ABS helpers. I dont really like the feel of the cars, its too similar to GTR. I guess I am just spoiled by LFS and how those cars feel. Also the tire physics in GTR-2 arent very good, is there a way to see your tire condition at all?

Its a descent game, but I still think LFS tops it in the gameplay arena.

sethmo said:
1:41 flat in the Lambo, Simulation mode, no traction control or ABS helpers. I dont really like the feel of the cars, its too similar to GTR. I guess I am just spoiled by LFS and how those cars feel. Also the tire physics in GTR-2 arent very good, is there a way to see your tire condition at all?

Its a descent game, but I still think LFS tops it in the gameplay arena.

tire physics are way superior to LFS actually. However I still preferr the GTR tire physics lol. Really gave me the on edge feeling in GTR that GTR 2 lacks a bit.

What you preferr is personal of course but GTR 2:s tire physics is more realistic then LFS I feel. But I do preferr GTR:s physics. But I don´t understand how you can feel they are similar. They feel completely different yet it´s the same cars... But physics is being tweaked so hopefully there will be less grip on final release. GTR maybe had to little but GTR 2 has to much really.

But there is no way to see tire wear except for when you pit. In GTR you could feel it quite well but the demo is locked at 15 laps so hard to really check. In motec you can see tire temps and in the garage when you exit a test session you see the tire temps.

New to GTR 2 is that 90 is now optimal tire temp not 100 like in GTR.
Also the tires take longer time to heat up now

Well LFS street tires, I dont care a whole lot for, they are very slippery. But their slicks, I like the way they handle. THeres a definite dfiference when they are cold, and when they warm up and when they overheat.

At most, Ive done a max of 10 consecutive laps and didnt really notice a difference in the tires. I will definitely not let the Demo pursuade me into not purchasing the full game as demos arent the finished product.

Will run some more laps tonight and see if the game wears on me. I love the sound and the graphics, just the way the cars feel and turn, doesnt feel right to me.

Also does this game support 900*? Seems like the cars only have 270* of rotation and I cant find any options to change this, it really bugs me lol!

and I who thought if you could navigate lfs controller menus you could navigate them all lol.

You change steering lock in the garage :).

As for tires it was more dramatic in GTR but many didn´t like the slippery feel (plus I guess there was to little low speed grip so they changed it. I guess this is more real but I agree it´s not as fun when you have so much grip and can drive so reckless and still get around. But that is how those cars is apparently...

hard=real don´t reply to real racing sadly :p. However remember this is only a demo and they will tweak it until it´s release date 30 september. One thing they have already said is that they will tweak it to make drivers slower. Meaning less grip I suppose :). Since people are already way way faster then the real drivers. 1-2 seconds faster I feel is okay because real drivers don´t have unlimited practise time, setups especially for yourself and they can´t drive 110 % risking their lifes and the cars.

But as mentioned if you think it´s easy try it in the rain :).

For me it´s a riddle why so many racing games do without changeable weather. Big performance hit but oh so more dynamic the races gets. But then I preferr endurance racing over sprint.

Ah, I havent made it around to the garage, I kept looking in the controller section of the options. Would make sense to put it there :p

I will play again tonight and see if using 720* rotation makes it better for me(which I could only assume it would haha).

I would think it´s a bit much. With these kind of cars you should steer as little as possible. Your front tires act like a plow otherwise. I wouldn´t use more the 460 and maybe 17-18 in steering lock. Or if you preferr less you can run for example 270 and 13,5 to ge linear steering.

But 720 is a bit to much I think but just try it :). But remember steer more with your pedals than your wheel

One thing they have already said is that they will tweak it to make drivers slower.

Where have they said this? I've read a few bits and pieces posted by developers on rscnet forums but i havent seen them actually comment on game balance, only been players testing different grip levels in the setup files.

A link would be great ;p

Speed sensitive steering is on by default too, I know since it screwed me up a few times before I found the option and turned it off.

I tried running it thro a couple translators, the broken english they put out could only be described as painful ;p

Hopifully they come thro on slowing the cars down in the finished game, as i'm down to 39's now in Barcelona. It feels pretty wrong when your on the circuit selection page and they have put 40.9 down for the real life record ;(

Played some more last night. Changed the lock to 23* with 720* set in the driver but it just doesnt feel like the wheel has any travel. Feels like a F1 car or something that only has 270* of rotation. I know a full on race car will not have the same steering lock as a normal car, but you would think it would have at least 540* of rotation. Maybe I am wrnog, I just think with more rotation you have better precision and makes things more interesting.

Either way, I got down to a 1:39.40 in the Lambo, yet I qualified like 8th in the race weekend. The top driver was running a 1:37:x which if the real record on that track is 1:40.x then thats pretty insane :p

sethmo said:
I know a full on race car will not have the same steering lock as a normal car, but you would think it would have at least 540* of rotation. Maybe I am wrnog, I just think with more rotation you have better precision and makes things more interesting.

Would lowering the steering lock more have the feel your looking for? The diameter of your wheel would affect how precise it feels too. Generally i think GT / F1 wheels arnt worlds apart. Especially when you consider something they'd use in a nascar.

Not sure, Im using the DFP which does have a very small wheel diameter. Its not a huge deal as its just a demo. I think just a controller setting that would give you some choices on wheel lock for the controller woudl help out a lot, not just a setting in the pits for the actual in game lock.

I just use the stock setup besides messing with the wheel lock, anybody have any modified setups? I noticed that the stock setup uses the Medium slicks, which shouldnt really matter in the long run, but the soft slicks would give you better traction in the short races or qualifying.

sethmo said:
Either way, I got down to a 1:39.40 in the Lambo, yet I qualified like 8th in the race weekend. The top driver was running a 1:37:x which if the real record on that track is 1:40.x then thats pretty insane :p
I was wondering about this. I can get 1:40s fairly frequently now, but I'm still quite a ways off what the computer is doing. I guess I need more practise.

Yah I think with a better setup or just more practice I could get down into the 1:37/8s. Its not the most difficult track, but I could find some better lines through a few corners or just better braking points. Braking points always kill me in racing games. I either brake too early or too late. And without the help of course markers, makes things more difficult. I know you can turn on the markers, just not in simulation mode.

Back