GTAIV 5min wait before loading.

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
Since going i7/6gb ddr3 GTAIV has gone from almost instantly loading to scrolling through the animated characters for up to 5 min with no hard drive activity then when done daydreaming suddenly loads the saved game. Rockstar released a patch at the same time too, so it may be that, any ideas?

There was something someone posted to the gtaiv forums that stripped the game of multi-play/live/social club. I can see if that fixes it, since Rockstar put no anti-cheat measures at all in the game and people are cheating left and right, it's no big loss.

someone posted to the gtaiv forums that stripped the game of multi-play/live/social club

After a quick Google I couldn't find anything, but am VERY interested if said thing exists. Please pm me if you happen to find it.

Latest patch helped for me. Before that patch it would sit idle a long time after I launched the game. Probably 5 minutes or so of just starting at desktop then randomly the game would open and go like normal.
After patch it launches after 30 seconds or less then loads at a normal pace.

It seems the more memory you have available means longer load times.

Under XP x86 I only have 3.25gb available ram and load times take about 15-20secs but on Vista x64 with the full 8gb visible load times take a few minutes.

It seems the more memory you have available means longer load times.

Under XP x86 I only have 3.25gb available ram and load times take about 15-20secs but on Vista x64 with the full 8gb visible load times take a few minutes.

Bullshit.

I have 12GB and after the latest patch it loads in about 20 seconds. Before it took 2-3 minutes.

With my current specs it takes about 2 mins from clicking "play" for the game to launch, but after that its smooth.

if you want a quick loading single player you were probably looking for xliveless. it will skip everything besides securom validation, but no online support. this loads to the menu screen instantly, if you want to play multi you just have to move/rename the file so that you can get on.

it's funny how they are incapable of dealing with cheaters online, since one of the longest parts of the default game startup is a byte-by-byte hash check of your entire 15gb install. if it does nothing to stop pirates or cheaters then wtf did they bother us with this for, so pointless.

Yes, the patch makes a massive difference to load times.

Pre patch it would take 8 character pop-ups, now post patch it takes 2!

If you're still having extremely long load times:

Go to Graphics options and run the Benchmark tool. ESC out of the benchmark once it loads. The game will load in a decent amount of time going about it that way.

Back