GTA5 For The PC In January

Not bashing the PC vs. console or anything like that. But, for those that own a console and PC, and you own it on console - would you rebuy the same game but on PC? I'm sure there are better visuals, but it's the same game.

I don't feel this is like the Remastered type of games (Last of Us, Tomb Raider) but more of the same game on a different platform that can turn the quality up a couple notches.

Or is there other differences between the console and the PC version? Other than keyboard/mouse, etc.. Actual gameplay stuff. Just curious, nothing wrong with it, nothing negative to say.

Yup, a completely pointless and needless delay that has the PC version missing the holiday sales season so it can sit on a shelf.
Not only delayed, but delayed after the next gen console version, so screwed over twice.

Oh well, when it sells shit they can once again blame piracy and not the fact that everyone who wanted it already bought it on the PS3 or XB360 or XB1 or PS4 ...

Not only delayed, but delayed after the next gen console version, so screwed over twice.

This is where their own "logic" doesn't hold water. There's no way that PC version is going to be getting any attention or anything else other than being held back on purpose for the XB1 and PS4 versions' sake.

^^ This makes no sense in light of what you wrote here:

Oh well, when it sells shit they can once again blame piracy and not the fact that everyone who wanted it already bought it on the PS3 or XB360 or XB1 or PS4 ...

Exactly. The same "self fulfilling/self defeating" setup cycle.

If it had come out on all the consoles and then they did the usual "sit and wait six months for the PC version" I would have rolled my eyes and it would be "same old, same old."

But this is a new wrinkle and it's one that really makes no sense whatsoever at least from my vantage point.

Not bashing the PC vs. console or anything like that. But, for those that own a console and PC, and you own it on console - would you rebuy the same game but on PC? I'm sure there are better visuals, but it's the same game.

Not at full price. Probably for $10-20 down the line.

If it were any other time of year I wouldn't think much of it past a shrug of the shoulders and eye rolling but to have the PC version deliberately sit out the holiday sales time period like that...and for nothing...is telling.

It *looks* like deliberate sabotage to me, all told.

Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! super duper excited....... let me know when its $19.99 on steam and i will buy it.... next.

I bought GTA5 for my 360 when it came out, and I will pick it up later for PC, but not at full price. It's not a day 1 buy since the games been out for about a year already, I mean, there's really no excitement around it now, it's kind of old news. New updated graphics don't excite me enough to drop $60, and then the shit about holding it till after the holiday is just lame.

Thats fuckin bullshit 2 months later than the PS4\XB1 version rockstar can lick my nuts, what a slap to the face of pc gamers. I was actually thinking about getting this on day one if its a decent pc port which i havnt done since skyrim. Now its steam sale material because of this shit!!

..In all honesty im excited to play this game, and they could have gotten my wallet open at full price when it first came out, if they had released on PC, but that is not the way the PC cookie crumbles.

I guess I'm the only one not too worried. September - November is bringing a ton of new games, several of which have the potential to take a very long time to reach completion. Waiting an extra two months is fine, I'll have plenty of other games to keep me busy until then.

Hopefully the delay means a little extra TLC for the PC port. We'll see. Either way, I'm not loosing sleep over it.

Yup, a completely pointless and needless delay that has the PC version missing the holiday sales season so it can sit on a shelf.

Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! super duper excited....... let me know when its $19.99 on steam and i will buy it.... next.

This about sums it up. Sounds like deliberate sabotage.

As other posters have said, PC = red-headed step child.

Till they get their shit together and not treat PC gamers as some side project they could care less about. I will not be buying any more Rockstar games. Perhaps I'll be on the losing end of the stick as many others will still purchase, but I would have done my part for the PC gaming community.

I've waited this long, might as well wait for the Steam sale.
Kind of my feel on this. There was that one article about 50% of PC gamers wait for sales, and this is definitely a contributing factor. Game was released a year ago on consoles, now I can totally understand more effort bringing it to the next-gen consoles because money, they will sell more period. But now I need to wait almost 1.5 years since it comes out and they are expecting full price? HA! Yes massah, I do whatever you be sayin massah I pay full price for something everyone else got new a year and a half ago!

Can't wait for the PC version. I haven't played it or read any reviews on it. To me it hasn't even been released.

Can't wait for the PC version. I haven't played it or read any reviews on it. To me it hasn't even been released.

I got about 20% into the X360 version, realized it was genius and that because I wanted to experience it in the best way possible made a conscious decision to stop playing and wait for the PC version. The writing really is top notch. Problem on the X360 is the jaggies and framerate slowdowns which were killing the experience. Just felt like having a five hundred dollar bottle of scotch but having to gulp it out of a styrofoam cup instead of sipping it out of a glass. So I decided to wait for the glass.

I don't feel this is like the Remastered type of games (Last of Us, Tomb Raider) but more of the same game on a different platform that can turn the quality up a couple notches.

Or is there other differences between the console and the PC version? Other than keyboard/mouse, etc.. Actual gameplay stuff. Just curious, nothing wrong with it, nothing negative to say.
My PS3 copy came with the console I bought at $250 US, so I technically got reimbursed for the game considering the standalone 250GB console at the time was $300.

Anyway, I am interested in buying it on PC for the primary reason of the possibility of having the game run consistently above 20 FPS... I am really intrigued by the increased traffic density, though. If it's anything like we've seen in the trailers it will be a big sell for me. Other than that there is a promise of additional content including weapons, vehicles, wildlife, and activities. On top of that there is enhanced AI, foliage, weather, and other effects.

I'm in for full price :D.

I was so excited for this...

This is a perfect example of something being way late too the party and after the holiday season. I wonder how long before the articles come out after release comparing how many units they didn't sell on the PC compared to the consoles?

I will still end up buying this, but only at a sub $30 price tag.

I usually borrow games on console, and then actually buy them when they come out on PC (if I feel like playing them again, or I didn't finish them on console). Of course, the price has to be cheaper, and it's nice if any DLC is included. In the case of GTA V, I borrowed it for X360 last year, played through the main story and did some of the side missions, but not all of them. And there were other things I didn't get to mess around with. It's been long enough that I wouldn't mind playing through it again, plus this time I can take my time with it, and do more than I did on the console version.

The consoles this time are running practically off the shelf AMD PC hardware. The only reason this was delayed was as a big fuck you to PC gamers, and so Rockstar can blame poor sales on piracy.

I love how a company that got its start on PC loves dicking over the folks who got them where they are today.

..In all honesty im excited to play this game, and they could have gotten my wallet open at full price when it first came out, if they had released on PC, but that is not the way the PC cookie crumbles.

Was feeling the same way. I've yet to be disappointed by a GTA title

Nope, I don't see the point. Unless it was free. If given a choice at launch (or reasonably soon after console version release) I buy the PC version, otherwise I don't wait for it.

is it really taking longer to finish the game or was someone paid off to protect xb1/ps4 sales from the PC market.. :mad:

I don't think anything needs protection from the PC game market. There's a reason the ports take longer to release, they don't give a shit.

My suggestion for fans of the series is to pre-order. After all, you would not want them to run out of games to sell, right? Plus, by paying a higher price than you would if you waited to buy, you will increase consumer spending, thereby stimulating the economy. Also, it's not like Rockstar or any other PC developer would ever release a buggy or poorly coded game. I am sure it will run perfectly without any patches at 3000 fps using 3 monitors at once. Don't be a fool and wait for a Steam sale on this one!

finally! That's 1 down. Now if we could ever get "the last of us" ported then I'd be really happy.

what happened to the news story that said the pc was the lead platform for gta V for the current gen consoles lol??

but anyway.. is anyone actually surprised by this? like.. really?

Back