GTA Vice City & Sequels- No More !

Originally posted by SKiTLz
Your a clown mate. LOOK AT THE GAME. Its not based on the entire city is it? Its based on the Gang Community of which in its time the haitians are being portrayed correctly.

Open your eyes and lose the tunnel vision.

My eyes are wide and clear. I have long left the FPS tunnels for the wide skies of IL 2 and FS 2004 not to say MAFIA and GTA: vice city (as long as it was playable).

I am cursed with a voodoo spell with the GTA games. The first went unplayable when upgrading from 256 to 512 mb of ram.

The second I got corrupted savegames that just got worse and worse until I was fed up with it. Just damn luck I could finish the game without to much hassle and then my gamepad broke.

Originally posted by oqvist

That is like saying that all black people is rapists or all white people is child molesters because some are??

Don't forget that's like saying that all arabs are terrorists. That REALLY pisses me off. We can't forget them, now :p. But on a more serious note, you're right, people in this country love to point fingers at certain groups. A small group of horrible people that happened to be of middle-eastern descent committed an evil and devastating crime, and so now everyone in the arab world is a terrorist. What they did was awful and will never be forgotten, but give me a fucking break. Because Osama bin Laden is from Afghanistan, the country is now evil? I think we're blaming the wrong people here. Hitler murdered millions of people. Are all Germans evil? No. Timothy McVeigh took the lives of hundreds in Oklahoma. Are all Americans evil? No. The Japanese killed thousands of Chinese during WWII. Are the Japanese evil? No! But then again, it's just so much easier to point the finger and single people out, isn't it? I'm sorry, I just thought if I was going to contribute to this thread I'd get this off of my chest first.

<----------------- Arab (Egyptian)

The next GTA game will be GTA: Sin City.

Coming out at the end of 04 - beginning of 05....something like that.

Originally posted by HitMan-sC
... Because Osama bin Laden is from Afghanistan, the country is now evil? ...

He's actually from Saudi Arabia, but they'd rather not be associated with him (at least not by non-Muslim, oil buying countries).

Originally posted by oqvist
My eyes are wide and clear. I have long left the FPS tunnels for the wide skies of IL 2 and FS 2004 not to say MAFIA and GTA: vice city (as long as it was playable).

I am cursed with a voodoo spell with the GTA games. The first went unplayable when upgrading from 256 to 512 mb of ram.

The second I got corrupted savegames that just got worse and worse until I was fed up with it. Just damn luck I could finish the game without to much hassle and then my gamepad broke.

If that reply is in response to mine i haven't the slightest idea how its related. Call me slow...

BS. screw 'em if they can't take it. its a GAME people... grow the hell up.

I think i'm gonna go sue the place i work at for inaccurately representing me on my paycheck. CYA!

*shakes head* :rolleyes:

Morons do this...
The lawsuit takes on heavyweights in the video game industry, including Rockstar Games, its parent company Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment, the Microsoft Corp., and retailers Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

The game doesn't incite hate crimes. The people SUING THEM do.

To be general to the situation...

Get it through your heads this was meant to be a simulation of crime life. The rough part of it. These people don't follow political correctness, nor most laws. Being what it is, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Pisses me off when people they feel they have to expose themselves to something that offends them. If you knew it was such a terrible game, why did you buy it? So you could sue someone, right? What a surprise! What an absolutely original idea which has not happend thousands of times in the 90's!

Even if you didn't know that content was in there, you could have chosen to quit playing the game instead of filling my news with another bs lawsuit against a gaming company.

So someone in the game said kill all haitians. The context was to the ones in the game, specifically the gang, it was obvious, get over it.

People have grown too sensative, too willing to be victims, its almost as bad as when racism itself was openly accepted. So, you fix a problem by suing someone. Brilliant. You fix a problem, by making yourself money. This deters racism how? You win your little lawsuit, you get your money, then what? What happens when someone else in another country produces a game that offends you? Do you petition to go to war with that country? No, because its a stupid idea, for a stupid perceived context, not a factual event.

The fact remains there is someone from all races involved in some sort of criminal activity, if you can't accept that, its your problem. If you can't accept the portayal of it, thats also your problem. Why impose yourself on the rest of us? Does the world revolve around you? No, I didn't think so.

If you're gonna sue people for producing Vice City, why don't you sue the people who made cops, miami vice, even bad boys.

Its this oversensativity crap, combined with the racism crap, that perpetuates the problem to this day. No one solves anything, and everyone continues to hate. No compassion, no rebuttal, no chance to make up, absolutely no surrender. You fight a problem which needs to be solved in peaceful terms. Same people that sued because they were offended by something that were all up in arms against all arabs on and after 9/11, for the same reasons the racist person was. If you can't see beyond the race, you can't see to the root of the problem, and you can't choose specifics... so you become a hate monger like the people you attempted to thwart.

No one ever learns. Nothing new ever happens. We didn't learn after the last GTA lawsuit, we still haven't learned. We didn't learn after the postal lawsuit, we still haven't learned. All anyone seems to see are the people who got lots of money for spilling an obvious hot cup of coffee on themselves at a mcdonalds. The morons that somehow won idiotic cases that should have been throw outta court.

Good job advancing the socio-political front for the rest of us.

You may not like what i've said, but I don't give a damn. I'm getting tired of this bullshit. Whine to yourselves, and keep it off my television. If you're gonna whine publically, you might as well do it here, saves you money when you lose your pathetic lawsuit.

Nuff' said.

Originally posted by Cardboard Hammer
He's actually from Saudi Arabia, but they'd rather not be associated with him (at least not by non-Muslim, oil buying countries).

Ah yes, my bad....can't believe I forgot that. But still, he's supposedly hiding in Afghanistan and they're still dumping the blame on the country.

Originally posted by HitMan-sC
Ah yes, my bad....can't believe I forgot that. But still, he's supposedly hiding in Afghanistan and they're still dumping the blame on the country.

I haven't heard anyone blaming them (Afghanistan as a whole or Afghans in general), at least not here in the USA. Even back before the invasion, the Taliban seemed more the target of outrage than the country it had hijacked.

On the minus side for Afghanistan, both pedaresty and the narcotics trade flourish there.

Originally posted by Cardboard Hammer
I haven't heard anyone blaming them (Afghanistan as a whole or Afghans in general), at least not here in the USA. Even back before the invasion, the Taliban seemed more the target of outrage than the country it had hijacked.

On the minus side for Afghanistan, both pedaresty and the narcotics trade flourish there.
They originally made afghanistan look like the origin of the attacks after 9/11. Media was runnin a bit about how bad they were and not being overtly specific for a while running, even recently. It kinda looks like we're tryin to demonize them, but we've obviously switched that mechanism to Iraq since we occupied it.

'Course, we invaded iraq for nothing. Now all the sudden everyone is shocked with all the terrorism out there. We made it worse. What else is new. Demonized saddam, day in and day out, then we caught him. Now we don't hear crap about him. Who's the next in line for the machine? Who're we bombing next?

Like i said... we never learn.

I didn't even know what a Haitian was until Vice City. Plenty of video games portray white people getting killed. Am I pissed off? Nope.

Originally posted by Timayh
I didn't even know what a Haitian was until Vice City. Plenty of video games portray white people getting killed. Am I pissed off? Nope.

Now you know Haitians is part of a gang and are drug dealers and drug addicts :D

Back