GTA V (Grand Theft Auto 5) to arrive on PC on 1/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight you make the claim yet I have to prove you wrong?

Seriously... You made a claim you prove it... What we have to go on is finding people to play with is not an issue proving beyond any doubt that people are in fact still enjoying the game.

It proves that there is a small population who still enjoy the game and that is it, nothing more. And you are trying to prove me wrong, so yes, you should provide actual evidence against my claim, if you cant then your argument is nothing but smoke

Back to GTA 5.

It's a sweet game and I was surprised how good it looked and ran on the PS3 given the hardware and all the other usual talking points.

I am most eager to dive in to it on the PC. It's a shame the PC version is being bumped out an extra month vs the PS4 and XB1 versions and missing the holiday sales season as consequence.

I am pretty cynical about why that's happening but there's nothing to be done about it I suppose.

Well, I think Rockstar probably just wants to polish the PC version as much as possible so as to deliver a highly-functional product to their customers.

*snickers*

It proves that there is a small population who still enjoy the game and that is it, nothing more. And you are trying to prove me wrong, so yes, you should provide actual evidence against my claim, if you cant then your argument is nothing but smoke

Small based on what? You make a baseless assumption and run around here spewing it as a fucking fact.

You make a baseless bullshit claim but when people actually provide evidence to the contrary we are supposed to bring proof against your baseless made up bullshit?

I cant believe the reasoning behind that...

So again the only thing even close to factual in the entire fucking discussion is that finding a game is easy and fast. How that gets translated into a dead community to you is absolutely ridiculous.

Please help me understand your reasoning because frankly you sound pretty fucking delusional.

Small based on what? You make a baseless assumption and run around here spewing it as a fucking fact.

You make a baseless bullshit claim but when people actually provide evidence to the contrary we are supposed to bring proof against your baseless made up bullshit?

I cant believe the reasoning behind that...

So again the only thing even close to factual in the entire fucking discussion is that finding a game is easy and fast. How that gets translated into a dead community to you is absolutely ridiculous.

Please help me understand your reasoning because frankly you sound pretty fucking delusional.

Yeah ok so im baseless when if i physically go home and try to get into certain types on online matches where there is 0 population and it searches for literally 20 minutes before finding a match. I did this, last night, certain game modes are just flat out dead. If their was that large of a population still playing the game that would NEVER happen no matter how bad the game mode was there would always be a certain amount of people playing it. That doesnt happen which tells you the population is small. Your the delusional one whos just projecting.

Even go check the reddit sub on GTA V, there are people there who agree that certain game modes it is near impossible to ever find an online match.

If you want to see high online numbers for this? They need to put out a Heist Mission Editor/Creator and you will see shock and awe.

Their are still players sure, just because he can find a game through their random matching doesn't mean its in high volumes. If we could actually see a server list and the number of active players from now compared to launch i'm willing to bet that it would be a staggering difference.

I can still find matches in Natural Selection 2 but that doesn't mean the population is high
I'll ask him the next time I communicate with him what the online community is for his PS3 GTA5 today vs. what it was when he got the game on Day 1 and if it's been a drastic drop off or not.

Are there any published statistics about the GTA5 online community? I realize all games go through an up and then down phase. I just don't know how steep the drop off has been for GTA5, but if it's still good enough to give him a lot of replay value, then it's probably more than just a few.

I'll ask him the next time I communicate with him what the online community is for his PS3 GTA5 today vs. what it was when he got the game on Day 1 and if it's been a drastic drop off or not.

Are there any published statistics about the GTA5 online community? I realize all games go through an up and then down phase. I just don't know how steep the drop off has been for GTA5, but if it's still good enough to give him a lot of replay value, then it's probably more than just a few.

Aside from them breaking some record at launch i havent seen any published activity numbers. Near impossible metric to find information on now which is another thing that makes me question how active the game is currently.

Aside from them breaking some record at launch i havent seen any published activity numbers. Near impossible metric to find information on now which is another thing that makes me question how active the game is currently.
It should be pretty simple for Sony to disclose based on server activity what the trend has been for GTA5 since they released it on PS3 and the PS Network. Unless they consider that as proprietary info. and don't want to disclose it.

I've decided that if they bring back Cops and Robbers, I'll buy this.....

It's never going to happen, is it?......

Back to GTA 5.

It's a sweet game and I was surprised how good it looked and ran on the PS3 given the hardware and all the other usual talking points.

I am most eager to dive in to it on the PC. It's a shame the PC version is being bumped out an extra month vs the PS4 and XB1 versions and missing the holiday sales season as consequence.

I am pretty cynical about why that's happening but there's nothing to be done about it I suppose.

How else are they going to get you to triple dip?

LOL... I have a hard time imagining anyone doing that.

For me it will be a double. The PS3 version was sold off and I'm waiting for the PC version.

Anyone who buys the game three times had nobody to blame but themselves. I promise you, Rockstar didn't purposely delay the game just to try and sell it three times over to a large group of people. Double dipping will happen a lot for previous gen owners, but there's no reason to buy it on a New console and again on pc. If you do, you deserve to pay again for being so damn impatient.

I'll be buying it once, and I'm just fine with that...

PC Releases of GTA games have lagged behind the Console versions for a while now. Why is everyone so surprised by that?

I don't usually get to into the story but enjoy the world and activities. I doubt I'll buy it right away but it is definitely on my wish list.

PC Releases of GTA games have lagged behind the Console versions for a while now. Why is everyone so surprised by that?

I don't usually get to into the story but enjoy the world and activities. I doubt I'll buy it right away but it is definitely on my wish list.
But what is generally the lag period between console and PC? GTA 5's lag seems longer than other games, from what I recall.

But what is generally the lag period between console and PC? GTA 5's lag seems longer than other games, from what I recall.

That's because they delayed the release for the "next-gen" consoles. It's not far off from that release, although it's over a year from the PS3/360 release date.

This has been the largest gap by far. Usually, the gap has been about 6 months at the most. But then again, this is also a remastered version, not just a straight up port with higher resolution and frame-rate. More radio stations, vehicles, wildlife, etc.

Loved it on PS3, will buy it on PC to play again, and tinker, which is what I love most about GTA games, the tinkering.

My conspiracy theory is that they pushed back the PC release because the original release was too close to a Steam sale. People would just wait for it to go on sale. Release it in January and people are likely to crack before the summer sale.

I'll buy GTAV, but I can wait. They're usually a one-time play through for me and then I just spend the rest of my time wrecking cars and beating up random people. Not really worth the $60 they'll probably be asking for it.

It also leaked by someone there that it will have a first person view. They pulled that information.

it's now confirmed...

Grand Theft Auto 5's new PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version will let you play in first-person view...Rockstar is also including an array of options to customise the experience, such as the ability to shoot in first-person but then switch to third-person while in cover...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rst-person-mode-confirmed-for-pc-ps4-xbox-one

it's now confirmed...

Grand Theft Auto 5's new PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version will let you play in first-person view...Rockstar is also including an array of options to customise the experience, such as the ability to shoot in first-person but then switch to third-person while in cover...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rst-person-mode-confirmed-for-pc-ps4-xbox-one

This looks incredibly bad ass. I assumed that first person mode was going to be a throw away gimmick. This makes it looks like it may actually be playable throughout as an FPS. Good stuff!

Oh FFS, Rockstar.....
Fine. I guess I'm in now..... but please... PLEASE bring back COPS AND ROBBERS!

Sweeeet! FPS mode is an awesome addition! 3rd for driving (maybe) and 1st-person for everything on-foot would be sweet!

Edit - I watched the video - yep looks completely awesome! It almost looks like driving in first-person works just fine too.

At this point I'm just hoping they give it FOV adjustment and don't ruin it by making first-person too narrow.

Last edited:
I gotta say, FPS mode looks pretty friggin' cool. Looks like they actually took the time to make it look decent and not just shoehorned in.

FPS mode completely shifts how I see this game....

I mean, it changes my perspective... I mean... It alters my view....

Godamn it...

It looks damn good, 'tho

never played any of the previous GTA games so I'm in for this just to see what all the fuss is about

^^ Oh yeah. I've been patiently waiting for GTA V for PC for quite a while, so yes very excited. The news of FPS option is pure awesome!

I am waiting to upgrade my GPU 'till next year when we see how this and Witcher3 will perform.

yes, can confirm .. well not excitement more so something like - it'll be nice when it happens. They usually have really solid story lines so I'm excited for that much at least. It's one of the very few engaging games left out there for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back