GTA V @ 1440P

goobee

Gawd
So I picked up a EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA cards to play GTA V in 1440P. So far, it's been very disappointing. I've turned all the settings down to normal and I still don't get smooth gameplay. My system specs are as such:

AMD Ryzen 2700
Asrock B450 Gaming K4 Fatality
32gbs 3200 DDR
512gbs Patriot Viper m.2 nvme (boot)
EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
Windows 10 Pro 64
Acer ED323QUR (monitor)

I thought the 2070 Super should handle 1440P in GTA V easily. Thoughts?

So I picked up a EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA cards to play GTA V in 1440P. So far, it's been very disappointing. I've turned all the settings down to normal and I still don't get smooth gameplay. My system specs are as such:

AMD Ryzen 2700
Asrock B450 Gaming K4 Fatality
32gbs 3200 DDR
512gbs Patriot Viper m.2 nvme (boot)
EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
Windows 10 Pro 64
Acer ED323QUR (monitor)

I thought the 2070 Super should handle 1440P in GTA V easily. Thoughts?

I have a system with a regular 2080 (Your 2070 Super is very close to the vanilla 2080 in performance) and another with a regular 2070 and both running 1440p 144hz IPS freesync panels. Settings at max for both systems and both run the game smoothly without any major issues. I also have a third system with a 1070 using an identical monitor and it even runs GTA V at 1440p smoothly using semi high settings.

I suggest visiting the nvidia control panel and visiting g-sync and enabling g-sync compatible mode for your monitor if you haven't already then setting an FPS cap of 3 under your target framerate. Make sure your refresh rate is set correctly in GTA V. I've seen it sometimes revert to 60hz if you are using a higher refresh rate monitor.

If you are using a mods for it you should also disable them to test.

I have a system with a regular 2080 (Your 2070 Super is very close to the vanilla 2080 in performance) and another with a regular 2070 and both running 1440p 144hz IPS freesync panels. Settings at max for both systems and both run the game smoothly without any major issues. I also have a third system with a 1070 using an identical monitor and it even runs GTA V at 1440p smoothly using semi high settings.

I suggest visiting the nvidia control panel and visiting g-sync and enabling g-sync compatible mode for your monitor if you haven't already then setting an FPS cap of 3 under your target framerate. Make sure your refresh rate is set correctly in GTA V. I've seen it sometimes revert to 60hz if you are using a higher refresh rate monitor.

If you are using a mods for it you should also disable them to test.

g-sync is greyed out. Let me check the specs for the monitor.

g-sync is greyed out. Let me check the specs for the monitor.

I did a quick google search on your monitor and acer website shows it as a freesync panel. Sometimes they have several models of the same monitor though with different specs. If yours does indeed have freesync make sure you are using a DisplayPort cable if you aren’t because gsync compatible doesn’t work over anything but DisplayPort from what I remember.

I did a quick google search on your monitor and acer website shows it as a freesync panel. Sometimes they have several models of the same monitor though with different specs. If yours does indeed have freesync make sure you are using a DisplayPort cable if you aren’t because gsync compatible doesn’t work over anything but DisplayPort from what I remember.

Yeah, it's connected on a decent displayport cable from Monoprice. Windows sees it as a generic monitor. I'll check Acer's website and see it they have a inf for it.

Are you monitoring your GPU and CPU usage/temps while in game? I’ve had this weird bug with my 4K monitor where sometimes it gets stuck at 47/48 FPS which is the bottom of the free sync range for it. Usually requires a restart to fix.

Looks like updating the chipset drivers did it. After installing and rebooting, g-sync is now selectable. I turned it on and the choppy is gone. Thanks everyone.
nice. i had some stuttering on my sig system with just the windows loaded chipset stuff. installed amds and it smoothed out. ive also heard that some power plan setting were doing it but since the new chipset driver updates those that should be addressed too.

Looks like updating the chipset drivers did it. After installing and rebooting, g-sync is now selectable. I turned it on and the choppy is gone. Thanks everyone.

Nice. Sounded to me like it was a gsync issue with a card swap. Glad it was simple. The 2070 Super is plenty powerful.

Back