GTA IV (Steam) on Windows 10 Fix?

nilepez

[H]F Junkie
I upgraded to windows 10 and I'm trying to run the steam version of GTA IV, but it doesn't work because SecuROM isn't supported. Is there a fix for this? So far I haven't found anything (other than uninstall IE, which I'd rather not do, even though I don't really use it).

Is the only other solution to install a crack? I'm not even sure why Steam would have SecuROM, since it doesn't use a disk to begin with.

Edit: Don't think that this fixed the securom issue. :(

Edit 2: take this with a grain of salt, but after searching and searching, I found about not shit on this other than installing a crack.

youtube

hope you get it working!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dual boot Windows 7 :p. This has been known about Windows 10 since at least August. I would just try to get people to do an e-mail campaign to Rockstar and other developers using outdated DRM schemes to update their games to work with new and updated versions of Windows. A lot of games that were using GFWL were updated to Steamworks, so there is always a possibility that it could happen.

Thanks Dragon/Armenius. Not going to dual boot (only so much I'm willing to do to play the game), but I'll look at the crack.

Funny enough, I wasn't paying attention and thought I was trying to play GTA V when all the time I was trying to launch GTA IV... fail on my part but, I fixed the issue anyhow...

Find the old GFWL executable and install it and then the game will launch perfectly.

Funny enough, I wasn't paying attention and thought I was trying to play GTA V when all the time I was trying to launch GTA IV... fail on my part but, I fixed the issue anyhow...

Find the old GFWL executable and install it and then the game will launch perfectly.

Is that online?

Ya its online... sorry don't have a link at the moment but, a quick Google search can pull up the old .exercise download

Yeah there's a fix. I went through hell to do it too. For me it was about getting the right version of games for windows live and nothing with secure rom. It took me forever to figure it out because the windows live marketplace update didn't work which had a different version that wasn't acceptable. I'll see if i can find it and update my post.

Back