GTA IV: PS3 or 360? (poll)

Which version of GTA IV are you purchasing?

• Total voters
own both systems, PS3 cause I hate load times and fear rrod

There are no load times on either system. I'm getting it on the 360 mostly for achievements and confirmed DLC (AFAIK we still have no idea what's coming for the PS3). Plus I only really have a PS3 for the blu-ray.

Only have a 360. More of the people I play online have 360s anyway.

PS3 mainly because i always have it on, and i have 2 of them so it can always be in one system. 360 just doesnt get same amount of usage nowadays do to convenience.
I also dont think ill care about DLC because more than likely ill get bored of GTA4 SP b4 i finish the original campaign anyway.

PS3 for me, the GF bought me the Special Edition kit for my B-day. picking it up an midnight tonight :)

I have both but getting it for my 360. None of my friends have ps3s. I too purchased the se edition from circuitcity. 79.99 + tax and a $10 gift card. Awesome.

I've got both systems, but the nod goes to the PS3 this time.
Better performance and better controller for this type of game, imo.

I voted with the PS3. It was really a toss-up for me, but I gave the nod to the PS3 because of the slight graphical advantage and the system being quieter. But I didn't preorder, so really I will get it for whatever system they have available.

Going with the 360 version (though I also have a PS3). With my luck, though, this will finally be the game that hoses the thing...

I'm going with the PS3 just because of the ever so slightly greater praises it's gotten...plus I've grown to detest achievement points. Nobody ever mentions it, but I'm also hoping it'll have better audio.
Either way, from every review I've seen it sounds like you're getting a 5 star game no matter which one you get.

Doesn't PS3 also have free online play?

that is correct. Im getting ps3 version because i sold my broken xbox360 recently after i got it back from rma. plus i like the ps3 controller slightly better and free online play is always a plus.

How about an option for both copies? Not that most people would pick this... but I am considering it as I have 70% of friends with the 360 and 30% with the ps3.

Im getting it for PS3, I own both consoles, but I only have the PS3 with me. Im in Afghanistan and the 360 is in Germany, I hope it still works when I get back...lol

Im surprised the PS3 is slightly ahead....

PS3 version, girlfriend pre-ordered it for me on Saturday to cheer me up :) Women can be so kind sometimes.

Only have a 360... but even if I had both I would still get it on that. Xbox Live, Achievements, and DLC sell me.

PS3 version, girlfriend pre-ordered it for me on Saturday to cheer me up :) Women can be so kind sometimes.

You know, it used to be that men looked for certain things in women: physical attraction, mental attributes, personality. With the popularity of gaming at its peak and still growing, I think this list can also include acceptance for and even support of video games.

I'm getting married in 2 months and have not had cold feet yet. Knowing that I am going into a lifelong commitment where my spouse supports my hobby is one of the reasons.

^ Absolutely! It sounds odd but having a girlfriend/wife that can be into a little bit of gaming goes a long way, and its great when they show up with some random game you weren't expecting because they wanted to play it too. Its just another way to spend time together, rather than her resent you for playing video games and not spending time with her. The only reason I play sports games is because my girlfriend is quite fond of them :eek: I know thats like -5 man points for me but eh I haven't gotten into a sports game since NFL Blitz on the 64.

My ex-wife would bitch and moan when I played CS:S for an hour or two once a week, but my current doesn't mind at all.

I read that the PS3 has more pre-orders, which itself is kinda surprising.
MS press release said that overall in Europe and the US the pre-orders were 2:1 in favour of the 360. If it turns out that way is another matter.

We've seen some news stories of individual stores selling more on the PS3, some selling more on the 360.

Id expect the 360 to sell a lot more with its big install base

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm getting it, but I'm leaning more towards yes. Anyway, it'll be the 360 version for me.

360 has like 2x the install base, it is almost certainly going to sell more.

PC version so I can apply a nude patch.

Actually I'm getting the 360 version, although if MS hadn't bought up the DLC I most likely would have gone with the PS3 version.

Ordered it for X360 off Newegg. Probably wont be getting a PS3 until I get an HDTV.

Back