GTA IV New Trailer

It was but it got delayed a month before release. Latest information says it's coming during Take 2's next 1st quarter financial. I believe that's Feb-April '08. Although many speculate it maybe delayed again until fall '08 for marketing purposes. :(

The framerate looks to be appalling.

Consoles simply don't appear to have enough juice to run this properly, irrespective of optimizations.

A PC implementation is needed to make this run the way the devs intended it to.

History taught us that GTA 3, Vice City, and SA, all looked better, ran better, and arguably played better, on the PC.

The first two aforementioned criteria were definitely met (better graphics + performance), and if you had a PS2 gamepad connected to your PC, then gameplay would have been similar as well in terms of controls, but I actually preferred Mouse/KB anyways.

In short, to do this game justice, it really needs to be released for the PC.
Console tech is too outdated for this already to run it smoothly, + in "HD" at the same time.
I wouldn't be surprised if they went 640P (or a similarly low-res) on it like other devs have had to do with similarly ambitious console titles.

I agree. The problem is I doubt the we'll see a PC release until a year later.

Any info on the PC version?
They only talk about the consoles, are they even making a PC version?

Looks really great, I see me purchasing a new xbox360 in the near future.. or just wait 6 months after release for PC.

Looks awesome to me. And to all the haters, they still have time to optimize the performance.

Despite all the hype, GTA is about gameplay and not graphics. They're definitely better, but not what I would call "next generation".

Hope we don't have to wait a whole goddamn year to play it on PC, thank you very much Microfuckingsoft. Cocksuckers.

Thought that trailer looked fantastic. Hopefully the end product will follow through.

I was never a big fan of the GTA series. Up until GTA 3, I would always gt bored with the missions, since they were essentially all the same, with some small variations.
San Andreas was much more fun, though I didn't really like the story they chose for it. If this one has a better story, I might get back to play a GTA game in a long time.

Despite all the hype, GTA is about gameplay and not graphics. They're definitely better, but not what I would call "next generation".

Hope we don't have to wait a whole goddamn year to play it on PC, thank you very much Microfuckingsoft. Cocksuckers.

I agree; I've never played any GTA game out of respect for the graphics, as it didn't really matter. The GTA series is a perfect example of how graphics take a backseat to superb gameplay; a proper sacrifice. Graphics mean nothing if the gameplay lacks originality and/or creativity. Sad to say, this is the norm with most games that are cranked out lately.

I'm thrilled for the release of GTA IV. I loved this new trailer, and I'm really hoping it's released in Q1 of 2008. I bought a 360 for this game, and I'll buy it again for the PC.

Viewing the graphics from all 3 trailers, GTA IV clearly has improved. Considering the scale and amount of content, I'm impressed. I hope they take whatever steps are necessary to ensure a solid 30fps or as close to it as possible.

Love this trailer, especially the end. Gives a different side of the main character.

Game is going to rock, stop doubting it. PC version aint gonna be no better, come on now its a 3rd person action game here. The framerate is just the video fucked up anyways.

PC version will have higher resolutions and more consistent FPS, but I doubt it will be a huge difference. IMO there wasn't a tremendous graphics difference between console and PC versions of III or VC.
The main thing is the waiting. 6 months if we're lucky. I'm thinking it'll be more like a year before the PC comes along. Remember SA had a long ass wait. I think they'll want to milk console exclusivity.

But this game will own. I'm happy if it's nothing more than the same game with a new story and updated graphics, but I know Rockstar North has some surprises in mind. I think the city's detail will far exceed the last games. I can imagine foot chases in the subway tunnels and shootouts inside buildings. Russian mob is brutal. They're ex KGB. It's gonna be good. :)

Don't underestimate the bump in res, the higher levels of AA, AF, the smoother framerates, and the better on-foot control of the PC (it's so much more enjoyable playing the game with a mouse/kb when simply walking around and wanting to take a look around you, and especially in fighting scenes when you pull off accurate headshots from a mile away with the PC version -- asuming they are still drawn in :p )

Also, I recall the PS2 version of SA, and how crappy it looked and ran, my god.
30 FPS if it was lucky at times.
The draw-distance wasnt as great either.
Jaggy city.
Blur city.

PC on the other hand:
greater draw-distance
60+ FPS on an XTPE for example, or 6800 Ultra at time of release
1600x1200 res and higher
AA to clear up jaggies
AF to remove blurry textures

I'll wait for the PC version.

Oh, and you can always hook up a 360/PS3 gamepad to the PC, so controls are never an issue, and imho mouse+kb control better anyways, at least on foot.

the demo looked a little choppy to me. i thought i remembered hearing the game had performance issues....

either way I only want two things..... a PC version and native (read: works out of the box with no configuration) "XBOX360 Controller for Windows" support.

GTA graphics have never been the best, gameplay is right on though.

I have never had as much fun as I have had in GTA:III and GTA:Vice City. San Andreas I never owned as I did not have a PS2 anymore at that point. I played it a lot at friends houses though and it was a lot of fun, but a bit too big IMO as I could not memorize the city like I did in the other GTAs

Don't underestimate the bump in res, the higher levels of AA, AF, the smoother framerates, and the better on-foot control of the PC (it's so much more enjoyable playing the game with a mouse/kb when simply walking around and wanting to take a look around you, and especially in fighting scenes when you pull off accurate headshots from a mile away with the PC version -- asuming they are still drawn in :p )

Jaggy city.
Blur city.

PC on the other hand:
greater draw-distance
60+ FPS on an XTPE for example, or 6800 Ultra at time of release
1600x1200 res and higher
AA to clear up jaggies
AF to remove blurry textures

I'll wait for the PC version.

Oh, and you can always hook up a 360/PS3 gamepad to the PC, so controls are never an issue, and imho mouse+kb control better anyways, at least on foot.

yeah lets just hope those mouse and keyboard plugins for the consoles work well, they did not work well for ps2/xbox.

well its no new fact that PCs are the undisputed champs for gaming but due to popularity and price consoles get better games more often

Yeah I left that one out. I played SA on PC but heard how terrible the performance got on PS2. I played GTA3 and VC on PS2 and didn't have any complaints. Later on I had VC on PC and read it didn't even get the small upgrades the Xbox version got. :(

But I'm too much of a GTA fan to wait to play IV until the PC version is out.

lol, the pc fans sound biiter.

This trailer is great. The game graphics are much improved over previous GTA versions and the new storyline seems fun.

well its no new fact that PCs are the undisputed champs for gaming but due to popularity and price consoles get better games more often

So if consoles are getting better games more often, how are PCs the "undisputed champs" for gaming? That'd be like a Mac zealot back in 1999 proclaiming his G4 being the undisputed king of computer gaming since it was supposedly so powerful. It really didn't matter when there were like six games out for it while the PC had dozens and dozens coming out every year.

Computing performance doesn't equate victory.

lol, the pc fans sound biiter.

This trailer is great. The game graphics are much improved over previous GTA versions and the new storyline seems fun.

more pc gamers are bitter, but ill play it on the 360 regardless until it gets released on the pc somewhere down the road. once the modding community gets a hold of it thats when real fun will begin. then you will be the bitter one for missign out on all the fun.

Computing performance doesn't equate victory.

its not a matter of a peformance vitory but just the fact the games can be customized and modded to shit once they hit the pc. the possibilities are endless for pc games in general. although ill love every minute of it on the ps3/360 once it hits the pc market and can add my own vehicles, music, ,models it just makes the game that much better.

more pc gamers are bitter, but ill play it on the 360 regardless until it gets released on the pc somewhere down the road. once the modding community gets a hold of it thats when real fun will begin. then you will be the bitter one for missign out on all the fun.

its not a matter of a peformance vitory but just the fact the games can be customized and modded to shit once they hit the pc. the possibilities are endless for pc games in general. although ill love every minute of it on the ps3/360 once it hits the pc market and can add my own vehicles, music, ,models it just makes the game that much better.

Not to mention they usually run and look much better on PC. There are some crappy console -> PC ports out there but based on the GTA track record I'd say it will be a good port. I'd much rather play it on my PC in high resolution and crisper textures then on a console-- BUT there is something about sitting on your couch with a controller that can add a lot to the experience as well.

Jaggy city.
Blur city.
I remember that....if you were moving fast and there was a lot of traffic the other cars blinked into place like the old Tiger LCD games. I was shocked when I played the PC version for the first time and things actually moved fluidly

hahaha anyone else notice that it says "shitzu" on the crotch rocket as he speeds away? :D

Back