GTA IV Freezing!! (x360)

Atherton213

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive got one of the newer xbox 360's (hdmi... new core? Falcon i think its called... cant remember) Im only about 7% into the game and i paused while i got up for make a drink... come back it was frozen

I reset the xbox and it freezes again. I turned off the xbox for about 20 minutes. It worked i go from the appartment to the street... as soon as i go to get in the car freezes again!

bad disk? or possibly something wrong my my 360??? ive never had it freeze ever.

I have put in a few hours now and no freezing here (Xbox360)

Ive played between 20-30 hours and ive had 1 single freeze, that happened within the first few hours so i was upset and thinking the game would be a bugfest but after getting access to the third island and having driven around for countless hours its been perfect since.

Ive played between 20-30 hours and ive had 1 single freeze, that happened within the first few hours so i was upset and thinking the game would be a bugfest but after getting access to the third island and having driven around for countless hours its been perfect since.

All I heard there was "BLAH BLAH BLAH, I AM A DIRTY THIEF I STEAL GAMES WORTH BUYING"

You were upset thinking it was going to be a bugfest, yet you paid nothing for the game and stole it?

Hope a family member of your's gets hit by a bus, thief.

All I heard there was "BLAH BLAH BLAH, I AM A DIRTY THIEF I STEAL GAMES WORTH BUYING"

You were upset thinking it was going to be a bugfest, yet you paid nothing for the game and stole it?

Nice. I like you.

:S How do u know he stole the game ? Many ppl with 360 are reporting the problem
PS3 and 360 likewise

I just hope my 40G PS3 wont freeze when i get it this weekend T_T ...

What the hell?

He never said he stole it... :confused:

I think that they are making the point that it has not been out for that long.
If you got it yesterday you could have played for 20 hours. I know plenty of people who got it last week legit too.

On the freezing... it's not uncommon to get a bad disc here and there. Might be worth swapping it out. I've had it running for about 15 hours today (not always at the screen) and I haven't had a single issue.

:S How do u know he stole the game ? Many ppl with 360 are reporting the problem
PS3 and 360 likewise

I just hope my 40G PS3 wont freeze when i get it this weekend T_T ...

you shouldn't have any problems. It seems to only be affecting 60gb launch ps3s. as far as 360s, who knows what the problem is.

just got done playing a little over 5 hours and 14 percent done not one freeze yet *knocks on wood* Im playing on ps3.

if i didnt have to run stupid kara with my WoW guild i would be trying it again.... maybe ill get another hour or 2 in before bed... hopefully after sitting for a few hours it will be fine now

No clue how widespread this is, but it was enough to change my mind (along with having more friends with the 360) enough for me to take my PS3 copy back and swap it. I've got a launch 360 and a 60GB PS3, so better safe than sorry for me.

One freeze here, disc read error. 2.5 hours single player, 3 hours multiplayer.

I'm not too concerned because my 360 does this with many other games. Once in 6 hours I can live with.

It is ignorant to call copyright infringement is theft. Or, do you think he is a UPS driver and he stole the actual disc out of a box?

People that think someone should be run over by a bus for stealing a $50 game shouldn't be on this planet, there isn't enough room for them or enough clean air to waste on them breathing. Stealing is bad, and copyright infringement may be illegal, but killing someone is a lot more serious than either.

You know how the English used to send all the criminals to Australia? We should setup something like that on Mars, send all the discourteous people, and people that want to kill people there so they can hapilly kill each other and not use their turn signals on their own planet instead of ruining this one.

I got a hard lock on my PS3 on my first day....less than an hour of playtime and during the first mission. I hope this isn't an omen for the future.:(

One freeze here, disc read error. 2.5 hours single player, 3 hours multiplayer.

I'm not too concerned because my 360 does this with many other games. Once in 6 hours I can live with.

Ha ha ha, and I thought the point of consoles was "they just work" - not like a PC. Well, I'm sorry your console is giving you trouble, and I hope that Microsoft will replace it for you so you don't have to keep putting up with daily crashes.

If my PC crashes once a month, I'm upset.

Ha ha ha, and I thought the point of consoles was "they just work" - not like a PC. Well, I'm sorry your console is giving you trouble, and I hope that Microsoft will replace it for you so you don't have to keep putting up with daily crashes.

Modern consoles are just mini pc's with all the same issues. The only reason there aren't more problems is because the games are made for one specific hardware config..

Considering that the game is locking on both systems and in multiple configurations...I'm thinking it's faulty software, not hardware.

I haven't had any hard freezes, but I have found out that it doesn't like changes in LIVE statues (connecting/disconnecting). Those caused about 10 second freezes for me, but I'd rather deal with that than a hard lock.

i just tried to play online. after about 5 mins of loading i turned it off. is it just me or does it take a long time to load or did it freeze. on 360 here. i hate the beginning where we have to wait.

Oh come on, PC games have their share of crashes too. I just finished Hitman 2 a few weeks ago and had plenty of crashes with that.

And though I'd love for MS to replace my "disc read error" issue, I heard it's impossible unless I actually get RRoD.

i just tried to play online. after about 5 mins of loading i turned it off. is it just me or does it take a long time to load or did it freeze. on 360 here. i hate the beginning where we have to wait.

Should not take 5 minutes to load, maybe a minute tops. I believe the game always automatically loads your single player last save point without giving you the choice whether or not to. To access multiplayer you have to take out your phone and go to Multiplayer.

It hasn't froze up my 360 yet(launch model) but I didn't really have the issue with bully for the 360 either. I want to say it locked up maybe 3 times through the entire game if that(might have been 2 times).

It will be interesting to see what they do to fix these issues though. Seems like the issue is on both the 360 and ps3 versions as others have pointed out.

It hasn't froze up my 360 yet(launch model) but I didn't really have the issue with bully for the 360 either. I want to say it locked up maybe 3 times through the entire game if that(might have been 2 times).

It will be interesting to see what they do to fix these issues though. Seems like the issue is on both the 360 and ps3 versions as others have pointed out.

Bully was horrible for me. It got to the point where I was heading back to my dorm room after every mission to save for fear that I would lose work to a disc read error. There was supposedly a patch, but I didn't have internet in the week that I was playing Bully, so never got an update.

Mine hasn't frozen yet and I have a few hours into the single player campaign. One thing I will say is that it DOES make the in-game dashboard or the "guide" slow as all hell to the point where you almost can't use it.

Also, this game makes my 360 EXTREMELY HOT to the point where it will shut itself off after few hours and give me the 2 red lights. This is on an Elite in a wide open entertainment stand sitting on top of a laptop cooler. No other game makes my 360 get anywhere near this warm.

I had a hard lock while browsing the internet for the first time, and a disc read error while I was JUST about to take out some fools.

Also Sometimes it sounds like my drive is trying to eat the disc, but after multiple checks the disc is fine. These issues are all in the span of about 8-10 hours of play mind you. So its not that big of an issue, IMHO.

ive froze a few times so far. but ive played it alot so its not that big of a deal unless it breaks my xbox lol

Played all day yesterday and had no problems. nov 07 elite.

I did have a problem when losing a connection on live though that prompted me to restart.

so i just tried the game again today, was able to walk out steal a car and drive off... few blocks down the street the game locked up on me again

well over 24 hours since i last tried the game :(

bad save? hopefully i dont have to start over .... or you think its the disk? (which has no scratches or watermarks or even finger prints.... nothing looks wrong with it). Or is it just the game... this sucks i really wanna play the game :(

I've put about 25 hours into this now and still no freezing or glitching of any kind (360 elite, zephyr model).

/touches wood

Back