GTA:4 // PS3:X360:PC ?

GTA 4 on . . . ? ? ?

• Total voters

Baker

2[H]4U
OK.... so now that most of us have seen the trailer, of those that liked what they saw and plan on getting it, what platform do you think you will get it for and why?

I'm wondering if GTA:4 will have more going on (more people or cars) in the PS3 version because of all the cell cpus? Or do you think the X360 will because it has more ram?

Normally I would get this game on the PC, but I think I want to go with the console this time around...

I'll be playing it on my X360. I don't have a PS3 and I'd rather not use a PC because I want a controller.

Since when has GTA4 been announced for PC?

:confused:

All we saw is a trailer... we don't know which consoles' "exclusives" are going to be better. We don't know which console it will perform better on and look better on.

All this poll basically asks is "Do you have a 360 or PS3"...

I guess those who have both might have to pick between the two but even then the lack of information makes it impossible to make that decision right now.

Assuming that it arrives for PC (I'm sure it will take some time) that will certainly be my platform of choice. That way even if for some reason you prefer a controller (I loved being able to use the keyboard/mouse) you could always grab a 360 controller and plug it in, and you can enjoy the higher resolutions.

If the game runs the same on each system, then I will likely get it for the PS3. This is mainly because I will be getting quite a few other X360 games this year and I want to give my PS3 some love too. :D Of course if there is any difference in performance, I will get it for whatever system it runs better on.

Which GTA game never made it to PC? :p

The gta that was never ported to the PC were the ones that were made for the PSP then ported to the PS2. This includes Liberty City stories,Vice city stories. It would be really cool to have GTA4 on the PC at launch, I always bought the PC versions. It can be modded, shooting is much better than to have to lock into ppl, and the graphics and resolution are usually superior.

The gta that was never ported to the PC were the ones that were made for the PSP then ported to the PS2. This includes Liberty City stories,Vice city stories. It would be really cool to have GTA4 on the PC at launch, I always bought the PC versions. It can be modded, shooting is much better than to have to lock into ppl, and the graphics and resolution are usually superior.

I own GTA: Vice City on PC :confused: ... along with GTA, GTA2, GTA:3 and GTA:SA (those are the only ones I have for PC)

I own GTA: Vice City on PC :confused: ... along with GTA, GTA2, GTA:3 and GTA:SA (those are the only ones I have for PC)

I have the same ones, only one I don't have is gta london based on the original game.
As I said Liberty city Stories and Vice city Stories were not ported, they usually see light of day when it's ported to the xbox. I always like the PC version over the consoles.

I guess my real question though... Is GTA 4 the type of game that will be able to take advantage of cell processing?

Or because the size of city and all the cars and people walking around, would the X360 be better because it has more ram? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I"m sure as graphics go.... theres probably going to be little to no difference between the 2... I just wasn't sure if the PS3 would be able to do a little more, as far as AI and processing more people doing things because of the Cell CPU's....

Definitely buying the xbox360 version.

Reasons:
Exclusive downloadable content
Achievements
Private voice chat with friends
Background music of choice
Access to global friends list whiling playing
Game invites whiling playing
Messages whiling playing
Better controller (with rumble)
Leader boards

I'd have to see which version has the most features. Last time the Xbox and PC versions showed up later, but looked much better. The PC San Andreas with everything turned up looks 2X as good as the PS2 one.
The 360 will have the best online component, but will that even matter with this game?
As we get closer to release date, THEN I'll make my decision. I've got all 3 systems, so I'll decide once I know which will have the version that fits my wants/needs.
On the plus side - they did a KILLER job with the gamepad controls for San Andreas on the PC. It was just like playing on the PS2. Hopefully they'll continue that with this one.

I will be playing GTA IV on my 360.;) I think GTA IV will come to PC sometime next year maybe.

Or because the size of city and all the cars and people walking around, would the X360 be better because it has more ram? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Don't forget how much better Xenos is compared to RSX.

To be honest though, I doubt they'll really work hard enough to max out each system. I'm sure it'll look and play similarly (maybe a difference in the framerate) between the consoles.

Im gonna wait and see which version is better. Right now I think the 360 because of xbox live, but things can change in a couple months.

I'll be playing it on X360 because Microsoft is going to purchase Take-Two (financial troubles) and axe the PS3 version.

Shouldn't GTA:4 and PS3@Home be out around the same time?

I'd like to make my Home "avatar" look like the GTA:III character. :D (I wonder if I can un-lock a bat accessory for Home if I beat GTA:4 and run around with it :) )

I'll get it for PS3 if there is flying involved and the SIXAXIS tilt-sensing is used for this aspect. It would also be sweet if they could get more radio stations or even TV stations (like in the Darkness) on the Blu Ray disks. I will miss rumble though.

I'll get it for PS3 if there is flying involved and the SIXAXIS tilt-sensing is used for this aspect. It would also be sweet if they could get more radio stations or even TV stations (like in the Darkness) on the Blu Ray disks. I will miss rumble though.

I don't know about you... but I still have my PS2 controllers... gonna pick up an adapter for them... shouldn't rumble still work?

I don't know about you... but I still have my PS2 controllers... gonna pick up an adapter for them... shouldn't rumble still work?

It doesn't for any of the current racing games, but since Sony finally made up with Immersion, future titles (important ones, like GT:5) could see support. So it's possible that they'll allow force feedback to the game, but it'd only be compatible with racing wheels, older PS2 pads and if they redesigned the SIXAXIS.

I plan on getting it for the 360, since that's what I own.

No real plans for a PS3 yet.

I hope they don't do "platform specific" goodies other than Xbox live / PS home stuff...

I wouldnt mind playing it on my 360 but I know they are going to cut the cheats out of the 360 version so you cant use them for achievements. I want the cheats to be available at some point so I would rather play it on the PC.

I wouldnt mind playing it on my 360 but I know they are going to cut the cheats out of the 360 version so you cant use them for achievements. I want the cheats to be available at some point so I would rather play it on the PC.

They could do what Volition did with Saint's Row.... just disable the ability to get achievments when cheats are on.

Simple, effective and fun.

OK.... so now that most of us have seen the trailer, of those that liked what they saw and plan on getting it, what platform do you think you will get it for and why?

I'm wondering if GTA:4 will have more going on (more people or cars) in the PS3 version because of all the cell cpus? Or do you think the X360 will because it has more ram?

Normally I would get this game on the PC, but I think I want to go with the console this time around...

I was reading the 360 has the better proc and the PS3 has the better GPU, so they kind of equal each other out.

I was reading the 360 has the better proc and the PS3 has the better GPU, so they kind of equal each other out.

Well the reason I was asking is because I've been reading that Ceel CPU's are good for things like physics or processing lots of AI at the same time... yet the PS3 does have less ram... so I'm just a bit confused...

I wasn't sure if games like GTA:4 would be able to take advantage of Cell CPU's to process all the stuff going on.... or games like Spider-Man 3... etc...

They could do what Volition did with Saint's Row.... just disable the ability to get achievments when cheats are on.

Simple, effective and fun.

Ahh, I did not realize this. I never played the full Saints Row, just the demo.

I think you have things reversed there, most people claim that the 360 has a better GPU and the PS3 has a more powerful CPU.

Ahh, I did not realize this. I never played the full Saints Row, just the demo.

Saint's row is the first game I bought because i HATED the demo.

I hated that they wouldn't let me go anywhere :D

I think you have things reversed there, most people claim that the 360 has a better GPU and the PS3 has a more powerful CPU.

Why would the PS3 have a less powerful GPU if it came out a year after the X360?

Why would the PS3 have a less powerful GPU if it came out a year after the X360?

Also, the Cell is supposed to work very well in conjunction with the PS3's GPU. COMBINED they are supposed to be extremely powerful but the GPU itself is not as powerful as the one found in the 360.

Thats all completely backwards from what I read. I guess it depends on what site you are reading it from. I could care less, not going into a hardware war with 2 completely different consoles. Its not like they are using the same hardware to do good comparisons. You cant even compare them to each other using the same game since they have to be programed differently. You just have to go off the assumption that you buy the console for the games you like.

PC

because I've no xbox360 or PS3. My favorite console is the Wii :eek:

hey, exactly what I think. I'm a die-hard PC gamer with a Wii. For all those interested in reading about the differences between the PS3 and 360, check out this article [here].

LETS MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T TURN INTO A DEBATE ABOUT THE PS3/360 THOUGH; GTA:4 RELATED STUFF ONLY!!!

Back