GT72S monitor blinks black every 5-30 seconds

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
So I just got my GT72S MSI laptop with a Gsync display and a small problem. I've played two games with this so far and it seems at somewhat random intervals it blinks to black for a split second and comes back. The graphics are not stuttering and the laptop fans are not running hard. I haven't had a chance to run DDU and install the latest drivers but curious what is going on?

Everything else at the desktop works fine. The games I tried playing are Skyrim and Final Fantasy 13. I ran out of time to play anything else.

The OS is Windows 10.

Does it still do it if you disable GSYNC? I was having a similar problem but I'm on a desktop. I switched PCI slots and it went away. I was also getting frequent driver crashes before too. I thought it was GSYNC but when I disabled GSYNC I was still getting crashes, I tried reinstalling and changing all sorts of settings but it ended up just being a hardware problem.

Well, so far when I've turned off v-sync it seems to go away. So it appears to be Gsync related. Any tips on fixing that?

Back