GT300 Yields sub 2% ?!?!

And most instances, regardless of marginal differences, they will be quality products, just like ATI fans would expect from said company. Consumers are free to be as fickle or as loyal (usually interpreted on this forum as "fanboyish") as they please. Maybe I buy Nvidia because I like the cards, or perhaps because I like the color green. Whatever the case, it really shouldn't matter to anyone.

i think your on to somthing with the whole green color thing...

And most instances, regardless of marginal differences, they will be quality products, just like ATI fans would expect from said company. Consumers are free to be as fickle or as loyal (usually interpreted on this forum as "fanboyish") as they please. Maybe I buy Nvidia because I like the cards, or perhaps because I like the color green. Whatever the case, it really shouldn't matter to anyone.

It still doesn't defeat the fact yields were (they should be better now) at really horrific percentages at the time...

Well no, it obviously doesn't change the fact that such numbers would be trouble for nvidia, as they'd be trouble for anyone. The point I was hoping to make was that throwing around broadly targeted slurs like "nvidiiots" doesn't contribute anything to any discussion and is highly inciteful. I know it gets like this right before/during any big co-release from the Big Two but we should be mutually excited, rather than tossing around insults. I know it sounds a bit optimistic, but it's something to strive for. For what it's worth, I am genuinely excited for the ATI fans as well as those hoping for good price/perf. cards. It'd be nice if the situation isn't as dire for Nvidia as it first appears, but it's looking less and less like a favorable situation...

Back