GT Omega Art Racing Sim Cockpit Impressions vs Playseat Evolution

JacobC1983

2[H]4U
I haven't seen anybody on here with the GT Omega Art Racing Sim Cockpit and I thought I would post a couple pictures and give you a few impressions.

This is it here: http://usa.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-racing-driving-simulator-cockpits/art-racing-simulator-cockpit

I am using this setup with by Xbox One and Forza 6, along with a Thrustmnaster TX racing wheel, Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals and TH8A shifter.

I previously had a playseat which I liked, but I didn't like the TV setup that the playseat company made, and I didn't like the home built monitor stand that I had. I also thought the seat was kind of uncomfortable after a while. So, I decided to buy myself a new racing simulator setup that would incorporate the TV stand with the chair, and I really liked what I saw online of the GT Omega Art Cockpit because it had exactly what I wanted and even had an optional console tray. I saw online they even make a little add on for a Buttkicker, so I might grab that next.

I think my favorite part of the GT Omega setup is the sturdiness of it. My playseat stand, for the steering wheel specifically, would move around under heavy usage. It is clear that the GT Omega setup is far more robust and solid. It also has a much better seat, and I don't even have the optional seat you can get.

Anyways, I thought you would like to see the setup, and compare it with the playseat.

For the money, I would just skip the playseat and get the GT Omega. It is clearly superior. And I don't have any strange bars going through my legs anymore.

I love having the TV right in front of me now.

I keep this setup in the area under the stairs going to my basement. I like being able to close it off and away so guests don't touch it, or even know its there.

And the old setup for comparison sake

Last edited:
Thanks for the review and pictures. For nearly the same price, it seems like the GT Omega is a no-brainer.

I played around on it some more last night. I am really happy with it so far.

The setup also has the seat on a slider which is nice, and the seat reclines which the playseat didn't do.

If you look at their UK site, they offer some options on the GT OMEGA that I would like to see on the USA website. Console mount, TV/Monitor Mount, K/M Tray, speakers in the seat...

I contacted customer service about the console mount. They sent me one from the UK -- you can kind of see it there on the right side under the TV.

The TV/Monitor Mount (that is an option on the setup that I have) is very robust, but I do like the looks of the triple monitor stand too for a PC setup.

From what I can tell, it seems like GT Omega is a UK company and are trying to get their foot in the door in the US.

I will say when I contacted the service department about the console tray they were very friendly and quick to respond.

Last edited:
I understand this is a 3 months old thread but is the only one where GT Omega Art Racing Sim Cockpit is discussed. I'm wondering if the chair moves/wobbles a lot when force feedback kicks in. I read a youtube comment where the user said he owns both Pro and Art racing chair and Pro doesn't move at all while ART version seems flimsy and he was wondering why Pro is so cheap (almost as expensive as Art) when the quality is so different...Did you experience the same extreme problems with your GT Omega Art Racing Sim Cockpit?

Also have you seen N1

Last edited:
The N1 is awesome looking... But the price is insane....

I can only compare the wobbling to my playseat... And the ART is solid. No wobbling. No issues. It has been perfect. It is worth the upgrade over the playseat in every way.

Up to what user height does it support? Also, I've read on GT Planet that the plate that the wheel clamps will start to wobble with wear.

What user height? Do you mean my height? I am 6'2" and 220 if that helps. And there is more room to go back.

And I have the wheel bolted to the wheel plate through the pre-drilled holes... And that plate does move if you push your weight into it... But it is incredibly stable compared to the playseat which moved with the game... I have it tightened down about as hard as it can be by hand.

I guess the answer is anything will move if I put enough force into it... But playing forza ... The damn thing is impressive.

What user height? Do you mean my height? I am 6'2" and 220 if that helps. And there is more room to go back.

And I have the wheel bolted to the wheel plate through the pre-drilled holes... And that plate does move if you push your weight into it... But it is incredibly stable compared to the playseat which moved with the game... I have it tightened down about as hard as it can be by hand.
I'm about 6'7" / 201 cm tall and it's hard to find a cockpit like this that will accommodate my height comfortably.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised... Look at the pictures with the two racing seats in my downstairs living area... On the bottom of the GT Omega near the seat bottom... You will see a metal bar with hand screws. That metal bar is an extension that can slide the whole seat forward and backward... Mine came with two different metal bars, a short one and a long one. I am using the short one.

If for some reason yours doesn't come with the long ones... That metal bar can be replaced and make it as long as you want. Then hand tighten it with the hand screws.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised... Look at the pictures with the two racing seats in my downstairs living area... On the bottom of the GT Omega near the seat bottom... You will see a metal bar with hand screws. That metal bar is an extension that can slide the whole seat forward and backward... Mine came with two different metal bars, a short one and a long one. I am using the short one.

If for some reason yours doesn't come with the long ones... That metal bar can be replaced and make it as long as you want. Then hand tighten it with the hand screws.
I was sold for the Art cockpit (your post sold it to me) but the reviews I've seen kept saying Pro version is more stable . Again this was from users that had both Pro and Art version. I'll get the Pro since N1 is too expensive and there's nothing else without the damn bar in between the legs. also there's a 5% coupon floating around and free shipping no tax sealed it for me

I have no experience with the Pro... If you lived close I would have you come over and give it a try... And if you get the pro I would love to try it out and check out the differences.

Post some pictures in here when you get it put together!

I don't understand if Pro has the Buttkicker included or not. The Buttkicker sold on the their website mentions Art compatibility only ....I just sent them an email

The pro has 4 attachment points to the wheel plate vs 2 on the evo. Giving it better bracing against movement.
Where is this 5% coupon floating around?. I've been considering one of these also.

The pro has 4 attachment points to the wheel plate vs 2 on the evo. Giving it better bracing against movement.
Where is this 5% coupon floating around?. I've been considering one of these also.
they are all referrals coupons found them on youtube... one is cazualluke5
PPl that post reviews on youtube have coupons in description....which seat you getting?

if you don't have space or $$$$$ Amazon.com: APIGA AP2 Foldable Racing Simulator Stand plus gearshift mount: Video Games and you can upgrade later to full cockpit with http://www.amazon.com/APIGA-Frame-Foldable-Racing-Simulator-ALL/dp/B016A7CS2E/

review

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks,funny you posted the same stuff I was just looking at on amazon / Gt omega site.

Was wondering if gt omega stand would fit apiga rear frame Mount.
The stands are very similar.
Don't know what I'm going after right now.

Thanks,funny you posted the same stuff I was just looking at on amazon / Gt omega site.

Was wondering if gt omega stand would fit apiga rear frame Mount.
The stands are very similar.
Don't know what I'm going after right now.
I got Pro version for $408.45 after coupon. The reason I went for PRO was the size ...bigger

W52 x H112 x L154 cm. Pro

W 55 x H107 x L 123cm – 132cm ART

Being tall 6'5 I went for the longest cockpit L154 cm. Pro

Everything else that looks similar (other cockpits) or better is at least $300+ more and I'm not willing to pay extra

The TV stand I'll make it myself since they have the exact specs on their site

Ty for playing

Being tall 6'5 I went for the longest cockpit L154 cm. Pro

Well I'm on the opposite side of the height spectrum - heh heh.
Redecorating and figuring space,
items and cost all play in final decision. Might end up diy partially. I like the pro also but space is tight.
Enjoy your new purchase.

Interesting... I have played in my seat countless hours and I am not a small or weak person.... And I don't see the need for any of that. My steering wheel mount doesn't move that much, if at all.

Maybe it is because I have the GT Omega TV mount on mine which mounts directly to the wheel stand upright bars... And that may give it more stability. I have a 40 inch TV mounted the the TV stand. I can believe this gives it more stability than if you werent using the mount.

Last edited:
Interesting... I have played in my seat countless hours and I am not a small or weak person.... And I don't see the need for any of that. My steering wheel mount doesn't move that much, if at all.

Maybe it is because I have the GT Omega TV mount on mine which mounts directly to the wheel stand upright bars... And that may give it more stability. I have a 40 inch TV mounted the the TV stand. I can believe this gives it more stability than if you werent using the mount.
Do you feel 40'' is big enough and the size adds up to the realism? I've seen users on other forums recommending at least 50'' TV but I feel it might be too big once it goes over 55''.

I would like to move up to a 48 inch TV but it won't fit in the small space I keep this setup.... But there is a little bit more to that question.....

The GT Omega TV stand mounts to the upright bars bringing the TV closer to the racing wheel. The TV is about 3 feet from my face, sitting right behind the racing wheel, about where my knees are. If you didn't have the TV stand setup and had to moving the racing seat in front of a TV in the living room, for example... a bigger screen is needed for the immersion factor.

I would like to move up to a 48 inch TV but it won't fit in the small space I keep this setup.... But there is a little bit more to that question.....

The GT Omega TV stand mounts to the upright bars bringing the TV closer to the racing wheel. The TV is about 3 feet from my face, sitting right behind the racing wheel, about where my knees are. If you didn't have the TV stand setup and had to moving the racing seat in front of a TV in the living room, for example... a bigger screen is needed for the immersion factor.

49'' for $270 Open-Box: Toshiba - 49" Class (48.5" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - HDTV - Black based on Amazon reviews it has amazing speakers....The seller is well established so if there's is a problem with the TV you return it locally
What if you turn the chair backwards ..so the back of the tv will face the door and the back of the chair or your back will face the lowest point of the stairs..

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I appreciate that but it isnt about the price of a new TV... The width of the closet won't hold a bigger TV. Maybe if I had it at an angle... But I really like the set up as is. Thanks though.

I agree that added the increased strength to your rig.
By the way how do you like the thrust master wheel setup. You old wheel is doing fine.:)

Haha I am glad you are enjoying the wheel. The thrust master wheel setup is a little more finicky.... Sometimes I have to pull the power to it and let it do its recalibration mid race. Kind of a nuisance... But I feel that the product itself is very nice. Obviously it costs more so it should be better... And I think it is, but maybe not as much better as the price would suggest. Overall, I am happy.

Haha I am glad you are enjoying the wheel. The thrust master wheel setup is a little more finicky.... Sometimes I have to pull the power to it and let it do its recalibration mid race. Kind of a nuisance... But I feel that the product itself is very nice. Obviously it costs more so it should be better... And I think it is, but maybe not as much better as the price would suggest. Overall, I am happy.

That doesn't sound right. You talk to tech support yet?. I just did a quick look up of "Thrustmaster TX racing wheel losing calibration" and it seems there are issues with that wheel in general. Do what you have to,to make yourself really happy.
I hope there is a easy fix.
Good luck.

Is it happening when you play xbox one games or PC games? if it happens when you play PC racing games is the power supply...Xbox one might be the usb cable on the servo (do you lose power briefly when it happens)? spend/waste $4 and see it it solves it http://www.amazon.com/Trenro-Wired-Controller-Breakaway-Xbox-360/dp/B0055464UQ ...

Only on Xbox one games.... I have never hooked this wheel to the PC... I have read it's a common problem with the wheel. It doesn't turn off during games, the force feedback just acts strange if it hasn't been calibrated for a while.

I'm almost done with setting it up. Between trying to understand the non existent instructions and upgrading the firmware on the wheel I think I spent a good 4 hours hours. The pro Thrustmater pedals won't fit unless I remove the bar ( was a pain to remove the c clamp) and can't be used inverted . I'm short 6 screws for attaching the pedals and I'll try Home Depot in the morning. I'm still glad I got the pro cockpit since I kept hearing of the awful pedal platform on the Art. GT omega sent me 2 speaker holders for left side and I contacted them to send me the missing right side holder. The seat ( got the R6) doesn't have the best stitching but nothing worth sending back.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U9U96CY/

I got this to go with the sim

Looking forward to seeing pictures! My GT Omega racing setup didn't come with any screws for holding any of the Thrustmaster equipment... I bought all those screws already for the playseat, so just used them over again.

Back