GT 430 vs GTS 450

Blkout

2[H]4U
I've recently been playing through Batman Arkham Asylum again with my GTX 670 handling the PhysX processing on the high setting and it was doing really well until the second Scarecrow encounter when my framerates plummeted to below 20fps and even as low as 8-10fps at the very end before the cutscene. I was thinking about adding a low power dedicated PhysX card so that I won't run into scenarios like that again.

Has anyone got a link or done any testing themselves on whether a GTS 450 provides any real advantage over a GT 430 for PhysX processing due to the double shader cores 192 vs 96? I know that shader speed also plays a role in PhysX processing as well, but both cards have smilar shader speeds. Just trying to figure out of its worth spending $80-90 for a 450 compared to $50-60 for a 430 if the performance isn't that much different.

Thanks in advance if anyone has some information.

your 670 can handle graphics and physx just as well as using the 430 for physx. also many people reported issues with the Scarecrow levels even with faster setups and dedicated physx cards.

Last edited:
I use the GT430 for physx I have not seen it go over 60% gpu usage. I do not think the 450 would do any better.

Core i5 2500k at 4.2ghz and a evga 680gtx 2gb.

Last edited:
I use the GT430 for physx I have not seen it go over 60% gpu usage. I do not think the 450 would do any better.
that means nothing without saying what card you are using for graphics. plus the crappy coded physx can show very low gpu usage even though its a bottleneck. and again a 670 will do both graphics and physx just as well as the gt430 can do physx.

Maybe its just an issue with the Scarecrow levels then, I had no framerate issues running PhysX on high anywhere except those levels and actually the first encounter with Scarecrow was fine, the second encounter brought my framerates to a crawl.

Back