GT 1030 overclocking

Lmfao!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I bought a 1030 so i can browse the web, watch videos, etc w/o stutter...since my 1080ti is mining atm :punch::punch::punch:

That's my point. It's not that I can't imagine people buying a 1030, it's that 99.999% of people buying a card like that use it for exactly what you are doing and don't care in the slightest if the darn thing overclocks at all.

That's my point. It's not that I can't imagine people buying a 1030, it's that 99.999% of people buying a card like that use it for exactly what you are doing and don't care in the slightest if the darn thing overclocks at all.
I ran a GT 730 for months and didn't even think about OC'ing. Have you seen these things? The heatsink/fan looked like it could be off of a motherboard northbridge

I have one in our HTPC. It does the job well and is passive.

Dude, buy a used 960 for $75 or 970 for $150 or less. 1030 wasn't built for gamers, it's the bottom of the line "maybe I need a video card" solution"

FYI here is a nice review on the 1030 card : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gt-1030-2gb,5110-10.html ... maybe looks like it can boost above 2ghz but even then a sub / = 750ti type card, I would say if you can potentially double your budget the 1050 is going to double your gpu rendering power. FYI I have seen 1050's in the US for sub $90 vs the $70+ for the 1030s granted not low profile but better bang for the buck regardless.

I've seen this review before, very interesting. It seems that those cards with small radiator and cooler on the edge of PCB are just failures but those that have bigger radiator or normal fan(there are some out there) are much better choices. As for voltage regulator getting so hot, how it's even possible for 30W card. It's probably because it's all maxed there all the time without any cooling? It also means that any shunt-mod on those mini cooler versions will murder card.

But those tests show one more thing, that GT 1030 is actually better budget card than most AMD cards because they don't drop FPS that low. While GTX 1050 is 20-50% faster when we talk about average framerates, it's just 10-20% better when counting fps drops. Just proves that Pascal is Pascal no matter the card it's being on. And by watching Vulkan Doom framerates charts I am wondering how much has 64-bit bus to do with them.

Last edited:
This thread is happening... I don't know what charts you're looking at, but the 1030 is not a gaming card. Please though buy one overclock and enjoy that experience.

Wrote already that here GTX 1050 prices start from around $140 and going up every day. And it's quite obvious that at some point market will get flooded with used mining cards so given that, I don't see how getting GTX 1050/Ti is actually economic. In artificial 100% load scenario GT 1030 has better performance per watt ratio than GTX 1050, given energy costs and possible GT 1030 overclock potential(hence the topic) it might turn out that performance per dollar is also better. I'm not saying that it's a good card, never did. But for sake, I am just asking how it overclocks, not what to buy.

Wrote already that here GTX 1050 prices start from around $140 and going up every day. And it's quite obvious that at some point market will get flooded with used mining cards so given that, I don't see how getting GTX 1050/Ti is actually economic. In artificial 100% load scenario GT 1030 has better performance per watt ratio than GTX 1050, given energy costs and possible GT 1030 overclock potential(hence the topic) it might turn out that performance per dollar is also better. I'm not saying that it's a good card, never did. But for sake, I am just asking how it overclocks, not what to buy.
Since most don't have external power connector overclocking is kinda power limited. I guess it might be possible to squeeze ~10 % more perf out of it if you are lucky. If you barely game it does the job just fine. It has VP9 decoding which is handy too since YouTube prefers it.

Might as well just stick with integrated graphics based on your usage. It might help to mention what you consider "old games" though. Maybe i missed it, but it seems like you never mentioned the rest of the specs of your PC.

To overclock you use something like MSI Afterburner and increase the mem/core until it crashes in whatever stability program you want to use. Furmark or Heaven.

I picked up a Msi gt 1030 aero last night for an htpc I'm doing. I ended up getting 1588 max boost on the core and 6105 on the memory. Voltages are locked so you get what you get. There was no discernible difference in gaming whatsoever.

There you go.

Thanks, this means that memory you got is complete thrash. I wonder where are those reviewers talking about nearly 8000MHz.

I picked up a Msi gt 1030 aero last night for an htpc I'm doing. I ended up getting 1588 max boost on the core and 6105 on the memory. Voltages are locked so you get what you get. There was no discernible difference in gaming whatsoever.

There you go.
You aren't reporting the actual boost now are you? Mine (MSI GeForce GT 1030 LP OC) boosts over 1700 MHz at stock.

Yes, it's in topic name. You should have read it before posting here.
I don't know why everyone's getting so hot and bothered about this. I too am kinda interested in where tyre 1030 can clock too. I'm not interested in buying one, it's just the nerd in me.

Hey gize-
I need someone to tell me how much I can overclock the 1030 so I can make it as fast as a 1080ti, k thx bye.

Ps- it's for old games only. Stay on topic- I don't want to hear any other better ideas

It's odd that on other websites I can get normal answers but not here.

It's odd that on other websites I can get normal answers but not here.

You have gotten a plethora of normal anwers.
You just choose to ignore those, hence why people don't care...you are not looking for "advice"...you are looking for confirmation of your already established viewpoint..

Safe-space is that way --------------------->>

64bit bus or not, memory OCs on video cards hardly ever give more then 1-2% bump in performance (a few exceptions today with 4K resolution and cards that have 15% or more of headroom).
Either way, say at stock it gives you 30FPS in a game, and you manage to get a 5% bump, thats 31.5FPS, and not noticable. So overclocking such a weak card is useless in the first place.

And if you are idle 80-90% of the time, then why be concerned with power draw? Based on your PSU, if you had a 35w draw for one hour a day, vs a 100w draw for one hour a day, what is that really going to matter?

Yeah I asked about values, few people answered rest simply should delete their posts in topic because they obviously have no idea.

I made a legit thread and found out that 90% of people posting here ain't even able to stay on topic.

And why can you not accept that just maybe nobody has an answer to your totally legit question?

Clearly this thread is 2 legit 2 quit.

MC-Hammer-Legit-620x480.jpg

Imo, telling you caring about OCing a 1030 is useless absolutely is staying on topic :rolleyes:. I'm sorry you don't agree. Go buy your 1030, OC it to whatever you like, and quit looking for someone to confirm your opinion while ignoring everyone else's.

Funny thing is with the amount of time he's spent on here worrying about this and arguing with everyone he could probably have earned the extra money needed to buy a much better card and made all of this irrelevant, which it pretty much is anyways.

If you have no answer to question then what is your reason for posting? Getting more posts and forum likes because you have nothing else to do? I see there are some ranks on these forums for those who post more, is it the reason?

Last edited:
Yes, yes, of course, we all* agree that overclocking a 1030 is pointless so that we can increase our post counts. It's certainly not because overclocking a 1030 is pointless, or that anyone is suggesting viable alternatives to a pointless endeavour. Nor could it have anything to do with people finding amusement in mocking the myopic pursuit of a pointless endeavour. You've cracked the conspiracy, well done.

*Including AltTabbins who actually did overclock a 1030, and found no difference.

You have gotten a plethora of normal anwers.
You just choose to ignore those, hence why people don't care...you are not looking for "advice"...you are looking for confirmation of your already established viewpoint..

Safe-space is that way --------------------->>

He didn't get the answer that HE was looking for is the problem.

OP should be able to get 1.21Gwatts of overclocking out of that dollar store card.

Yes, yes, of course, we all* agree that overclocking a 1030 is pointless so that we can increase our post counts. It's certainly not because overclocking a 1030 is pointless, or that anyone is suggesting viable alternatives to a pointless endeavour. Nor could it have anything to do with people finding amusement in mocking the myopic pursuit of a pointless endeavour. You've cracked the conspiracy, well done.

If you lack specific knowledge about GT 1030, Pascal and overclocking as whole then what is your reason for posting here? It's obvious that it's not a thread for you and there are plenty more where you might find yourself to be actually useful.

OK.

Here's your answer:

This guy got +200 on the core and +275 on the memory.

(On the Gigabyte LP GT 1030)

Sooooo, at FULL-boost, you're looking at:

1706mhz core clock / 6558 memory clock.

Which, based on his benchmarks, will yield you an additional 4-5 fps.

*Google is your friend*

Last edited:
*Google is your friend*

He doesn't want google. Didn't you read the thread? He wanted YOUR overclocking results, not your attempt at trolling by posting a video of someone's results. Also if you do post your own results, he won't believe you and say you got a shit card. Either way you didn't read the thread and can fuck right off because that's all he wants to hear. [/sarcasm]

:D

He doesn't want google. Didn't you read the thread? He wanted YOUR overclocking results, not your attempt at trolling by posting a video of someone's results. Also if you do post your own results, I won't believe you and say you got a shit card. Either way you didn't read the thread and can fuck right off because it's what I want to hear. [/sarcasm]

:D

LOL!

Yeah, I know.

I was hoping posting some hard, concrete numbers might put this thread to rest....

Back