GT 1030 and GTX 1050/Ti single fan vs dual fan / normal vs low profile

hemla

n00b
Hey

Does anyone own both single and dual fan versions of these cards and could do any comparison of heat/noise buildup? Is it worth to pay $15-20 more for dual fan version? And what about card size, normal vs mini vs low profile? I see normals with one and two fans, minis with one fan or just heatsink and low profile cards with both one or two fans.

Cheers.

Since you will probably not be stressing the cards much by playing older games, I would save the money and get a single fan card.

But I guess if you decide to overclock the card, that may change things.

I think you are over thinking this. What are your current system specs and what games do you play?

I had both single-fan and dual-fan versions of the GTX 1050Ti in my decision matrix - wanting to avoid using a 6-pin need still left both sorts in the decision tree. (EVGA, for example, has all of ONE GTX 1050 Ti that requires a 6-pin - the FTW; the SSC - which like the FTW, is a dual-fan dual-width full-length design, does not.) The MSI GT OC is - like EVGAs SSC - a dual-fan dual-width full-length design that relies entirely on the slot for power. Since the GPU was going into an ATX - not mATX, despite the mATX motherboard - case, airflow improvement was, in fact, a consideration (the GPU it would replace was a single-fan GTX 550Ti); therefore, the dual-fan models had an advantage. Oddly enough, though, the biggest issue was availability - the MSI was the lowest-priced of the available GPUs - despite it being a dual-fan design.

Back