GrubHub: If You Agree With The President-Elect You Should Resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people really have never learned how to be good losers.

Yeah, that's why those who win still had to whine about how everything was Rigged during the process. And how for the last 8 years it was all about reminding people that Obama was born in Kenya and a secret muslim who's coming to get your guns any day now. :rolleyes:

I understand what the CEO was trying to say: "If you believe the way Trump behaved is not inappropriate in any way, you would be contributing to a hostile work environment and it's best that you just leave anyway."

In that case, I agree. Calling Mexicans rapists and saying you can just commit sexual assault and 'grab 'em by the pussy' without any consequences is pretty abhorrent to a collaborative work environment.

Who's the fascist now, huh?

Wait, what happened to business/property owner rights and their choice to hire who they want to hire?

Does that all go out the window when people tell you to stop behaving badly?

So many salty tears in here. You guys loooooooove the argument when it applies to states rights, government intrusion upon private property but hate it when it actually resembles what you were advocating for or calls you out for the bullshit you've been heaping upon everyone else for decades.

Wait, what happened to business/property owner rights and their choice to hire who they want to hire?

Does that all go out the window when people tell you to stop behaving badly?

So many salty tears in here. You guys loooooooove the argument when it applies to states rights, government intrusion upon private property but hate it when it actually resembles what you were advocating for or calls you out for the bullshit you've been heaping upon everyone else for decades.
Hold your horses there, I'm not American, I didn't vote for anybody, I have no stake in this race.
Wanting to fire your employees because of who they voted for is beyond retarded though. Sure, his is a private company, if he wants to he might as well only employ refugees from Botswana, but I would think that basing your hiring choices on muh feels isn't a successful business strategy.

... but I would think that basing your hiring choices on muh feels isn't a successful business strategy.

Tell that to Trump. Muh Feels was his business AND campaign model.

Maybe that's just in your head.

You sure have a firm opinion for someone who had no stake in this race.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...eels-he-MUST-Tweet-and-Why-Facts-Don-t-Matter

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/23/donald-trump-truth-muslims-new-jersey-911

It's been a known, ongoing issue during his entire campaign: that the facts don't matter because what he feels is true is more important.

This was why he ended up becoming the most lying candidate of all time. Documented conclusively.

"We don't tolerate no hateful messages".....As our CEO sends out a hateful message.

/I still dislike Trump, but CEO is a fucking hypocrite.

Despicable. He is going to be the one who loses his job over this.

That said, I find it laughable and pathetic how shit media outlets like fox are painting all the protesters as those who didn't vote. I'm pretty certain if they are protesting, they most certainly voted. Those of us who refused to vote for either idiot, simply don't care.

That said I applaud those who are protesting "Peacefully" and out of the way. That is your right as a citizen. However too all the shitbags walking down the streets, holding up traffic and negatively impacting other peoples lives as well as vandalism. Fuck those people, they need to go ahead and break out the tear gas and water cannons on those morons. No excuse for acting like a bunch of hooligans.

I think they're portraying them as little crybabies who are now having a temper tantrum and they're right in doing so. Nobody applauded any protestors who didn't want Obama to be President -- they were called racists. The amount of hypocrisy on the left is truly astounding. They paint themselves as being so "tolerant" but this douchebag at grubhub shows just how intolerant they are of any ideas that are outside their orthodoxy. Here in California, Republicans really should be a protected class. You're much more likely to be discriminated against here for conservative ideals than race.

Despicable. He is going to be the one who loses his job over this.

That said, I find it laughable and pathetic how shit media outlets like fox are painting all the protesters as those who didn't vote. I'm pretty certain if they are protesting, they most certainly voted. Those of us who refused to vote for either idiot, simply don't care.

That said I applaud those who are protesting "Peacefully" and out of the way. That is your right as a citizen. However too all the shitbags walking down the streets, holding up traffic and negatively impacting other peoples lives as well as vandalism. Fuck those people, they need to go ahead and break out the tear gas and water cannons on those morons. No excuse for acting like a bunch of hooligans.

I have seen more hate and intolerance in the last few days than I ever saw from Trump during his campaign. I keep asking the liberals on my Facebook to please point out where Trump has even indicated an iota of racism...they flounder constantly. They keep remarking about Trump's pledge to be more selective of Muslim's entering the country. OK, whether you agree or disagree, being a Muslim is a religious belief, not a race. then they say "what about all the illegal immigrants he wants to deport". Well last I checked, there was no such race as "illegal immigrants". Pretty sure that's more of a criminal status. Lastly, they point out the KKK and other fringe groups supporting Trump...how is that on him? These kooks will vote for anyone who wants to limit Federal power and interference...that's the Republican mandate.

On the flip side, Trump probably campaigned harder to the minorities of this country than any Republican candidate in my lifetime (I'm 40). And the results prove this out even further. Despite all the FUD slung, Trump ended up gaining more black and Latino votes than Romney did. Are all those blacks and Latino's racists now too?

Oh, and while I think I only used it once or twice in my life...I'll never use Grubhub again.

Come to Texas. They have something called At Will. They can fire you for no reason at all. At least you got a warning.

there are a number of states that have that.

That's EXACTLY it, if he would have just said that (without mentioning Trump) he would have been fine. For example:

Acceptable memo: Employees are not permitted to be racist bullies

NOT Acceptable memo: Employees are not permitted to be racist bullies...like that fucker Bob in accounting.

maybe Bob shouldn't be such a racist fucker then to be called out to everyone. ;) You are 100% correct, there is a difference between saying you are being fired because your services are no longer needed and going into something like that. We actually let a guy go a few weeks ago. Instead of going into detail which could have been viewed as slightly questionable for one or two out of the 12 reasons he was just told. "I am sorry but after evaluation of your first 2 weeks we have decided that your services are no longer needed" . The guy didn't like that we wouldn't give him a detailed multi page list of every thing he did wrong and go into everything in great detail, but our answer is good enough and creates the least possibility for backlash from anything said. This guy went WAY over the line of what should ever be said to your employees.

Yeah, there was some dumb ass at my company circulating a petition to throw out Trump. I forwarded it to management. There is a strict policy against political campaigning on the job.

Have to ask the question; If Hillary won do you think republicans would be marching in the street in mass, setting cars on fire, breaking out windows etc? The answer is NO.
The home of the far leftist and violent anarchist are in the democratic party.
Something else that worries me is some leftist nut will attempt an assassination. History shows this is probable. Look at ALL the president shooters in the history of the this country.
All democrat leftist from John Wilkes Booth on down.

I think they're portraying them as little crybabies who are now having a temper tantrum and they're right in doing so. Nobody applauded any protestors who didn't want Obama to be President -- they were called racists. The amount of hypocrisy on the left is truly astounding. They paint themselves as being so "tolerant" but this douchebag at grubhub shows just how intolerant they are of any ideas that are outside their orthodoxy. Here in California, Republicans really should be a protected class. You're much more likely to be discriminated against here for conservative ideals than race.

I mean I don't disagree they are crybabies, but that is another point entirely. My point is even if I disagree with a protest, I support our right to a peaceful protest i n this country. I'm simply saying they have the right and I have no problems with them exercising that right, even if I think they are stupid. Where that right ends however is when they start blocking streets and interfering with others lives and committing acts of vandalism. At that point you aren't protesting, you are being a bunch of uncivilized animals.

It's funny how many people in here are crying about safe-spacing while ignoring how much they benefit from that here in this forum. Posts get deleted with threads being locked right after as soon as certain people get called out or have a counter point made against their claims.

Simple fact of the matter: when someone is not on the clock, actually on paid work time, they're not technically an employee so, because I seriously doubt anyone working for Grubhub took time while on the clock to go stand in line (or maybe they got done quick, I have no idea) and actually vote regardless of their choice of candidate.

This is discrimination coupled with harassment on a pretty big scale if that email was company-wide and I'd say it gives lawyers a lot to feed on (pun very much intended). :p

Their Employment Practice Liability Insurance carrier is puking in a garbage can at the moment. This will result in payouts to the aggrieved(and it should!)

Well, there is one company I will NEVER buy anything from! Stupid is as stupid does.

Not a Trump supporter (or a Clinton supporter either), but this kind of behavior is simply terrible. I wouldn't want to work for this company after his letter either.

The purpose of business is to make money for you, your business, your employees. The workers there are relying on his guidance - no matter the outcome of some election - to steer them so they can all continue to make money and pay their bills.

That CEO needed to hear himself talk and in the process created a controversy for himself. He should have never sent that e-mail.

I use this service every week or so. It's one thing to be upset about the election but the riots and bitching, and shit like this needs to stop. I won't use them again.

Same here.

Threatening one's livelihood over a political difference of opinion is despicable.

It's all the nastiness they were hiding under those fake little smiles whilst they were in power.

This election cracked the facade, and all the radioactive waste is leaking out now.

On the other hand, now that the right wing is in power, the nastiness isn't being hidden anymore.

Case in point: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/polit...e-un-american-activities-committee/index.html
Newt Gingrich wants new House Un-American Activities Committee

Joe McCarthy would be proud.

Democrats ran the wrong candidate. People wanted a populist, anti-establishment candidate who could connect with working class people. That was Bernie Sanders. Trump basically won because he plagarized some Bernie Sanders talking points on outsourcing and used them in rust belt areas in PA and OH.

Clinton was the epitome of an establishment candidate: corrupt, in the pockets of banks and foreign governments, and part of a political dynasty. Also, a lot of people just can't stand the woman. She was the absolute last person they should have run.

Sanders was the candidate this country needed. Trump is the one it deserves because so many of us are bigoted scumbags. The DNC have only themselves to blame. This would have been an easy election if they had known what they people wanted. And now we see the outcome of electing a hateful, fascist, demagogue: everyone is full of hate and divided.

The letter wasn't that bad, but like Steve said, he should have just left Trump's name out of it. Too many people drank the Trump's a racist kool aid. Unfortunately, it's not just the Democrats that drank it.

My own GF was just walking down the street in a shopping district (KC Plaza) when two white guys in a pickup were slowing to yell "Trump!" at every minority they could find. Assholish behavior like that eventually escalates.

This crap happens after every election. Same thing happened in 08 when Obama got elected. Same shit, different year, different side.

This for the most part (except for the embarrassing marches/protests). Though I will say with Obama there weren't protests but there was a run on ammo since you know those "liberals" were going to break into my house and steal all my gunz.

Listening to the radio was eerily similar to after Obama was elected.... we will see change blah blah blah. The same "its the end of the world" dismay and attitude by the "losing" side supporters.

It really is sad that the extreme on both sides is really polarizing everyone else and vilifying "opposing" ideas/people. This isn't doing our country ANY good.

While the internet is awesome, its my opinion it's a major reason for these extreme attitudes and swings. Great info is easy to get but so is bad info. Say what you want about "mainstream" media but they are no where near as damaging as some "alt" media sources imo. People on both sides just want to be "reaffirmed" in their stance, they don't want the truth or facts really. This is just human nature, its hard to keep questioning and reexamining what you believe.

Well, this means that you get fired based on your vote?

Is this not a raw example of voter intimidation? I'm sure the DoJ will be investigating.

I wish I worked there...so I could be part of the "hostile work environment" lawsuit.

Oh....sorry. This is just another example of liberal "inclusiveness". LOL. Remind me again what political class riots, loots, assaults, and kills when they don't like what happens? Yeah...the grubhub class...

Sue 'em like gawker.
I was about to say "not the current DoJ", and then I read the rest of your post. You've nailed the leftist's idea of "inclusiveness"...exclusion through inclusion.

Obviously it was a mistake for us to post this story. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back