Group Calendar without Exchange

ScYcS

2[H]4U
Ok, I'm getting desperate here, that's why i post this as a last resort kind of:

We have a network with around 150-200 clients, based on Ubuntu Servers with LDAP, Samba and Mail (among other services that are not that relevant for this topic). We have multiple satellite offices all over the world that connect to our server for various tasks.

Well, the crux is: Our boss wants a group calendar (understandable). Finding a group calendar is the problem though. The first thing to know if that we use Outlook and will continue to use Outlook. We can't change that for various reasons.

The group calendar ideally works in Linux, uses LDAP and is accessible from Outlook. A simple task i thought at first, however, it isn't.

Most functioning group calendars are based on MS Exchange. I worked with exchange before and it's really powerful and nice. However, we have Ubuntu and will keep Ubuntu.

What are my options? I tried many shareware solutions but none were really functioning properly nor as sophisticated as Exchange Group calendars. We're looking not to find something for free but a professional tool that does the job and then some.

Back