Grey Goo - New RTS

CreganTur

Gawd
https://www.youtube.com/user/greygoogame

A friend of mine from college is one of the modelers on this game- I hadn't heard anything about it until he posted something about the upcoming release date.

The visuals are impressive, and the trailer is really well done, but I have some concerns about this game... mainly because it's Petroglyph and Empire at War was a terrible RTS. But, to be fair, the space combat in that game was much better than the ground combat.

I'm hoping that Petroglyph can give us gameplay to match the impressive visuals because this does look very appealing.

It's based on a standard triad of species/factions- the Betas (the good aliens?), the humans (us, the good guys!), and the Goo.

I just saw this game as I loaded up Steam. Looks like a spinoff of Starcraft or something. Graphics look good. What's everyone else's take on this?

There seems to be the suggestion that this one is less micro-heavy - if so, I'd consider giving it a go. I've never been the type to like how many RTS are set up with the AI and features that basically come out of 1994. If I'm commanding talented soldiers, I shouldn't have to tell them to move and attack, or that the infantryman with a rifle should prioritize squishy targets instead of heavy armored tanks etc.. I don't mind it coming to some clicking or whanot, but feeling like I have to tell each unit "Left foot, right foot, aim gun at X, pull trigger, pull trigger etc" isn't my style.

If it turns out that Grey Goo is a few more steps in the right direction, less APM/click heavy/micromanagement etc... and has a cogent single player (or co-op!) storyline, then I'll consider giving it a go.

From gameplay videos I've watched it seems pretty cool. Reminds me a lot of CNC, with elements of other RTS games mixed it. It looks like it's fun but I'm not sure about the price. $50 feels a bit high, especially since I don't care one bit about the multiplayer element.

From gameplay videos I've watched it seems pretty cool. Reminds me a lot of CNC, with elements of other RTS games mixed it. It looks like it's fun but I'm not sure about the price. $50 feels a bit high, especially since I don't care one bit about the multiplayer element.

only 5 campaign missions for each side? ..yeah price seems kinda high. : /

Its from Petroglyph aka universe at war and empire at war. No thanks!

After watching TotalBiscuit's WTF is, I have to say that I will be buying this as soon as it goes on sale for at least 25% off. It looks like a very good game, I'm just not willing to pay full price for it.

I've just watched a playthrough of the first mission. It appears the game has a unit cap. Is this fixed or can it be increased?

ETA the reviews indicate that the AI is pretty spotty.

I've been following it but. for $50 there is no way I'll be picking it up,.

Back