Greenpeace Vandalizes HP Corporate HQ

HardOCP News

[H] News
And people wonder why no one likes groups like Greenpeace, Peta and all the other ones…it’s lame stunts like this that turn people off.

After repeatedly calling out HP for using PVC and hazardous chemicals in its devices, the group has taken matters into its own hands -- specifically, by slipping into the company's Palo Alto headquarters and painting "hazardous products" on the roof, in really big letters, with non-toxic children's paint.

Funny? Awesome? How about vandalism, tresspassing, breaking and entering, dangerous, and childish. How fun and aswsome do you suppose it is to the people who will have to clean it up? Would if be fun and awesome if someone who disagreed with you did something similar to your house or your car?

I bet HP is going to sue them now (or so I hope)

These organizations need to burn

That's absolutely ridiculous, that vandalism, trespassing and they should be punished just like we would for it.

So if HP went to their houses, and spraypainted "VANDALS" on their roofs in big white spraypaint, would that be awesome?

I think so....

HP should publish the amount of toxic chemicals used to clean this up, along with the "carbon footprint" the cleanup created, and give Greenpeace the credit for all the additional pollution....

I would be more inclined to support their cause if they drew a giant floppy penis on the roof of HP, or at least a laptop with lots of hardware problems. The former being hilarious, and the latter being something I am actually against.

HP should head over to Greenpeace headquarters and tear up their lawn with Hummers and Range Rovers.

I guess the question is how did they get up there and who runs security

The best way to clean the roof is to use whale blubber as the cleanser, and spotted owl as the brush.

You and I would go to jail if we did that though... :eek:

Only if they knew who did it. The police can't throw an entire organization in jail :)

But I do like that they used non-toxic paint... I think it'd be hilarious if they pulled out some cans of that old lead based stuff out of moth ball!

Gotta love these hippodrome tree huggers. Lets protest deforestation by burning an entire ski resort and mountain down to the ground, lets protest "gas guzzlers" by keying every hummer and burning an entire hummer dealership with 100+ hummers.....

These people needs to be locked up. It's one thing to protest, it's a whole other thing to vandalize property to threaten companies or persons.

Only if they knew who did it. The police can't throw an entire organization in jail :)

But I do like that they used non-toxic paint... I think it'd be hilarious if they pulled out some cans of that old lead based stuff out of moth ball!

HP should now piss them off and say that they will be repainting the roof and repairing it using PVC based aerosol cans and lead paint.

quote=funny guy in the link]I for one dump oil in my neighbors lake to cancel out the good he is doing by driving a Prius.[/quote]

I want to buy this guy a beer.

Greenpeace is awfully wasteful themselves...

...their members are wasting air.

i remeber when greenpeace got arrested for driving a gas gussling outboard boat through a protected park!

Greenpeace has lost what it used to stand for that is why the original founders and such all left.

go watch penn & teller bullshit on PETA and all those, quite entertaining, things like PETA kills more animals a year, themselves, then they save and crap.

Greenpeace recently hung an enormous banner on Mt. Rushmore as well. They evidently don't realize that such extreme actions just makes more people ignore them and resent them for what they are doing.

It's one thing to have an informed, intellegent debate about the issues at hand, and quite another to act like a preschooler and kick and scream and piss in mommy's coffee because they don't like the kind of milk she serves.

Greenpeace recently hung an enormous banner on Mt. Rushmore as well. They evidently don't realize that such extreme actions just makes more people ignore them and resent them for what they are doing.

It's one thing to have an informed, intellegent debate about the issues at hand, and quite another to act like a preschooler and kick and scream and piss in mommy's coffee because they don't like the kind of milk she serves.

they're elitist children who want something to rebel against. Reason and intelligence is not going to happen... (I doubt many of their members even know what the hell they're protesting). Bunch of spoiled dummies

If I was HP I would gather evidence calmly, and sue the organization out of existence.

Get real people. Most stuff we use is toxic. Were not eating it.

Wonder why they are using black paint, i mean if they are green peace they would know that dark colors dont reflect the sunlight not helping the global warming going on.

Tisk tisk green peace

And people wonder why no one likes groups like Greenpeace, Peta and all the other ones…it’s lame stunts like this that turn people off.

Why do I think you generally don't like GP's political goals? If something similar was done on a building housing the RIAA or MPAA, you'd write a comment about how it was funny, how they deserved it and/or that it represented just how much people hate that group.

Given that basically used finger paint, there's a good chance that it'd wash off after a decent rain storm.

Given that it' on the roof, I'd say the impact is minimal. Unless you're in a plane, helicopter or balloon, nobody will see it. My guess is if GP hadn't publicized it, it would have been days before anyone noticed.

its still illegal. even tho id be happy if someone did hte same thing to the RIAA/MPAA, its illegal so they would still deserve to be prosecuted.

Crap like this is what makes me mad at TV shows like 'Wale Wars'. Every time I watch some of it im waiting for someone to get a harpoon right between the eyes.

Crap like this is what makes me mad at TV shows like 'Wale Wars'. Every time I watch some of it im waiting for someone to get a harpoon right between the eyes.

The war between members of the British royal house?

Honestly it is long past time to arrest most of the members of these organized crime syndicates and terrorist supporting organizations and disband them permanently. Activism is what we had in the 60's and 70's, these people aren't activist, they are criminals and terrorists and should be treated as such.

The real question here is, "Who was watching the building?" You've got tree huggers infiltrating your HQ. They were able to inter the building, go up how many flight of stairs, all unnoticed? Smells like an inside job.

Back