Green sticker in the mobo sold by Fry's, New or Restocked return?

astr627

n00b
Update:

Just checked Fry's store and EVERY NEW motherboard has this plastic seals on their box, and possibly the sticker too.

The sales people told me they check against bent pins on every new motherboard. So nothing to worry about.

Hi, I just pick a MSI X99S SLI Krait edition from Fry's.
I found a green sticker on the anti-static bag saying:

"This motherboard had been visually inspected by a Frys associate to be free from any bent socket pins."

Does it mean the mobo is used? Or they put such sticker in brand new mobo?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Used! Fry's should have given you a discount when purchased the board. Check the outside of the box it should have sticker with the return date on it .

Used! Fry's should have given you a discount when purchased the board. Check the outside of the box it should have sticker with the return date on it .

you sure? I thought I heard Fry's inspecting all new mobos for bent pins, so that when someone brings it back saying oh it had bent pins when I opened it, they would deny the return.

It was listed as New item. All the accessories are unopened, but the anti-static bag is open and you can see the figure prints on the socket.

That is weird. Did you notice any heat-sink around the socket. I buy purchase from Fry's all the time. I purchased my Asus X99 Deluxe from them after my other new board died on me. Could not wait for a RMA board to arrive. Had to get my new system up and running. Brought it in April of this year. I could be possible that they have changed their policy. Remember to always search online for the lowest price and Fry's will match it!

It was listed as New item. All the accessories are unopened, but the anti-static bag is open and you can see the figure prints on the socket.

Fingerprints? Fuck that, if they want to open up every damn motherboard they can at least not make a mess of them.

Also sad they need to do this because so many people bought motherboards and return them because they bent the pins...

Back