Green Man Gaming Used GW2 Key?

Motaa

Gawd
Pardon the rant here but I'm fairly pissed at Green Man Gaming. I was told that the site was legitimate yet when I tried to load my Guild Wars 2 serial, the site states it's already used. I submitted a ticked but the fact that it will take days to get a reply and that they're a British company means I pay long distance to get any live person on the phone.

Anyone have experience with this? Only afterward did I see the "NO REFUND" policy since I "have a key". I think I'm screwed. I know I'll never use their site ever again.

They are legit, and its not as if issues with used keys have never cropped up with other services like steam or origin.

The no refund policy presumably only applies if you buy the game and decide you don't like it, as opposed to your situation where you have been sold something which clearly does not work.

You would be better off waiting for their official response before getting upset about something which may potentially be a mistake and easily rectified.

Honestly I wouldn't normally be mad. Its just I paid $70 for this game. Saved $10 from buying it directly. And it turns out it doesn't activate.

On the first purchase I make on their site.

Then when I try to get support, they're in the UK, no chat system, and they use this archaic ticket support. Meanwhile the Beta is getting closer and I can either wait for them to respond or actually go and buy the game directly this time.

If you tried a new site and didn't get what you paid for, you'd feel the same. (Then realizing only afterward that the support is really bad.)

Then there's that lurking feeling where "We gave you a key, it is what it is, and we have no way of checking if you used it.

I just bought a gw2 key from them with no problems registering my key. If I were you I'd just call em up to straighten this thing out instead of waiting days for a stupid support ticket system. Especially with beta this weekend.

Pardon the rant here but I'm fairly pissed at Green Man Gaming. I was told that the site was legitimate yet when I tried to load my Guild Wars 2 serial, the site states it's already used. I submitted a ticked but the fact that it will take days to get a reply and that they're a British company means I pay long distance to get any live person on the phone.

Anyone have experience with this? Only afterward did I see the "NO REFUND" policy since I "have a key". I think I'm screwed. I know I'll never use their site ever again.

Hey Motaa,

I wanted to come on here to offer up some information, I hope you haven't felt kept in the dark or ignored, I also had to wait a while for the approval on here!

Typically it won't take days to get a response - our CS team are good at what they do - but obviously tickets are placed into a queue system. :)

We have noticed that there is a problem affecting a small number of North American users, where they are receiving a notification that their key is in use. We're working to try and get this resolved as we never like disappointing our fellow gamers! (On a sidenote: I did do some investigating and it's not a problem specific to GMG, but nevertheless we're trying to get to the bottom of it)

I appreciate it may be frustrating but a ticket with our CS team is the best way to work forward to a solution.

-James
Community Manager @ GMG

Welcome to [H] James! Very reassuring to see GMG taking initiative to come onto forums such as these to keep users informed about these types of issues.

Indeed very nice to see this sort of pro action taken here by James. Props to GMG. Even though I have never used GMG before, this makes me feel more at ease to use in the future.

Any company that gets involved with its customers on [H] is given high regards & possible priority when I'm looking at my purchasing options. Nice to see GMG here now.

Hey all - thanks for the warm welcome :)

We do like to be proactive and interactive - as well as communicating a lot on our own forum/facebook/twitter we also interact with folks on reddit, cheapassgamer and neogaf.

And now [H]!

I'll keep an eye on this thread in the run up to the weekend, and try to keep you informed of any developments with GW2. Though if I fail to do so I apologise in advance - quite a busy office we have!

-James

Good to see GMG taking the initiative and doing what's right - it's certainly welcomed and appreciated here at [H].

Motaa, best of luck in resolving it soon - as I can imagine you want to get access immediately for the Beta Weekend Event this Friday. James, I'm sure it'd be fantastic if you can help Motaa get a resolution by end of day so that he can start pre-loading the content :)

I've always had good experiences with GMG. I still have a bunch of credit on there that I'm not sure what I want to use for...

I've always had good experiences with GMG. I still have a bunch of credit on there that I'm not sure what I want to use for...

Me either. The RO2 deal was a belter and I've a good £5-10 credit on there I'm waiting to spunk on something. I just hope more people start using GMG so that they get more publishers on board and expand their library, it seems a lot of releases I'm interested aren't available with them.

If I saw Diablo 3 on there I'd probably go for that. Alas, not sure that will happen...

Another downside of GMG is that a lot of the deals/games are only available in the UK, which makes sense because it's a UK site. But as someone in the US it kinda sucks.

Back