Green Man Gaming Black Friday Sale / up to 82% Off

The Steam sales model has created this strange PC price strategy where publishers keep original MSRP on titles indefinitely so the retailers can boast 80+% sales. I remember only noticing it with Call of Duty at one point and now it seems to be the standard.

Icecold

Weaksauce
Assuming I haven't played anything on this list or even gamed much at all for about a decade - any suggestion for must haves that are a good deal? Was thinking about getting Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons, Far Cry 5, Doom Eternal, maybe Rainbow Six Siege, hopefully some others as well.

xMAGIUSx

Weaksauce
Assuming I haven't played anything on this list or even gamed much at all for about a decade - any suggestion for must haves that are a good deal? Was thinking about getting Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons, Far Cry 5, Doom Eternal, maybe Rainbow Six Siege, hopefully some others as well.
I just got Doom Eternal a month ago for $29 and I feel like it was money well-spent.

I’m tempted by Star Wars Squadrons but the reviews I’ve read say it’ll disappoint anyone who’s looking for a modern X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

Icecold

Weaksauce
I just got Doom Eternal a month ago for $29 and I feel like it was money well-spent.

I’m tempted by Star Wars Squadrons but the reviews I’ve read say it’ll disappoint anyone who’s looking for a modern X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

I appreciate the feedback - I'll definitely get Doom Eternal then. I'm willing to take a chance on Star Wars Squadrons I think, even with the reviews about limited content, etc. I bought an inexpensive flight stick and would like to try it out with something before buying MS Flight Simulator.

Rev. Night

Limp Gawd
Blasphemy.
I do not like using WASD to move though....always used mouse.
lol there is some truth to this. I have used Right Mouse Button to move forward in all games for the past 20+ years. I actually enjoy it, as I can both look, move, and shoot with one hand (my right). This allowed my left hand to dance around the keyboard as needed, especially in the left side of the kb. Also makes drinking a beer and moving easier too. W is used to jump. Space is interaction

RMB 4evar

lol there is some truth to this. I have used Right Mouse Button to move forward in all games for the past 20+ years. I actually enjoy it, as I can both look, move, and shoot with one hand (my right). This allowed my left hand to dance around the keyboard as needed, especially in the left side of the kb. Also makes drinking a beer and moving easier too. W is used to jump. Space is interaction

RMB 4evar
Interesting. I may have to try this.

Rev. Night

Limp Gawd
Yeah just think about it, right now if you use WASD, your left middle finger is basically permanently attached to the W key at all times. This limits your hand to QWEASD keys. With RMB, your right middle finger is always pressed down, but your hand could still cover the mouse anyways so this isnt a problem. But now your left hand is free to press any key on the left side of the kb

Last edited:

Icecold

Weaksauce
Yeah just think about it, right now if you use WASD, your left index finger is basically permanently attached to the W key at all times. This limits your hand to QWEASD keys. With RMB, your right index finger is always pressed down, but your hand could still cover the mouse anyways so this isnt a problem. But now your left hand is free to press any key on the left side of the kb
Index finger on W!?

Icecold

Weaksauce
lol i have no idea what the finger names are. ill do a quick google and edit
edit: there, middle finger
LOL - I spent a couple minutes with my hand on the keyboard trying to figure out how you could use your index finger on W and still hit the other necessary keys before I replied. Glad to see it was just the wrong finger listed and there wasn't some gaming technique I've missed all these years :LOL:

owkia

2[H]4U
Yeah just think about it, right now if you use WASD, your left middle finger is basically permanently attached to the W key at all times. This limits your hand to QWEASD keys. With RMB, your right middle finger is always pressed down, but your hand could still cover the mouse anyways so this isnt a problem. But now your left hand is free to press any key on the left side of the kb
My middle finger isn't glued to W...I use it for S also, but you still have an interesting point.

Using E,S,D,F instead of W,S,A,D is good for opening up more keys around your movement, too. Depends on what type of game you're playing.

tantalus

Limp Gawd
Using E,S,D,F instead of W,S,A,D is good for opening up more keys around your movement, too. Depends on what type of game you're playing.
Yeah, I do this because with the little tab on my F key it's easier to get my fingers back in proper position quickly if they get askew hitting a function key or something.