Green Logo on GeForce cards in Black/Red build?

PCunicorn

[H]ard|Gawd
I want the reference cooler 770. It looks awesome. But I'm not sure how the green logo on top would look in my black/red build with a Crosshair V Formula. And I would go ACX but Best Buy has reference 770s (straight from nVidia). REFERENCE! :p But I was wondering if anybody could send me a link to a black & red build with a reference cooler GTX 770, 780, or Titan. Thanks in advance.

Also asking for your opinion. Will the green, glowing GeForce GTX logo just be too much, or will it contrast nicely? Also with a 770 ACX I get a free backplate, but reference. I don't know why, but I get a boner anytime I see a reference card.

Geforce Experience lets you turn it off, or do a number of other things. Personally my build is red and black and the green logo looks fine in there.

And what things would that be? And I'm not turning off the light. Just not happening. And do you have pictures of your build?

And what things would that be? And I'm not turning off the light. Just not happening. And do you have pictures of your build?

Well... they can BREATHE, man!
20140116_012054_LLS_zps68695882.jpg~original

I usually have the lights on the GPUs off, but the SLi bridge does LED patterns along with the cards all synchronized if you want, and I let the white EVGA logo on the bridge breathe slowly.

Too bad my case doesn't have a window :( But it looks like the green doesn't look too bad with the red. Thanks.

My system (in sig) is in a windowed case and it looks fine.

I have Corsair fans with the red trim ring, the ROG mobo has red LEDs on it as does the Sound-Blaster.

I have, however, used GeForce Experience to dim the LEDs on the 780Ti cards right down. I think they're set to something like 5% or thereabouts. It's an interesting look as you can't quite tell whether it's actually lit or just a luminous colour.

I hated the green so much in my red/black system that that I put my Tis on water.

Went from this bile green eyesore (GeForce lights at 5% or so):

900x900px-LL-56aacb3e_2013-12-1423.02.09.jpeg

To this:
900x900px-LL-c3122acc_2013-12-2212.31.30.jpeg

That's a nice looking build.

What speed do you run your Corsair fans at? I'm struggling to find a speed that I'm happy with.

Do you use Asus FanXpert or something else?

That's a nice looking build.

What speed do you run your Corsair fans at? I'm struggling to find a speed that I'm happy with.

Do you use Asus FanXpert or something else?

Thanks!

Yeah, I use Fan Xpert 2, rad fans tied to water temp sensors (reservoir and outlet) on Opt 2 and Opt 3 on a curve. With the Corsairs, the 360 fans don't even turn on until outlet temps are over 30C. Had to do it though (see below)

As for fans, this week I just replaced all five of the Corsair PWM SP120 QE fans in the build with Phobya NB-eLoop 1600 RPM fans (black and red).

The Corsair units would make one hell of an annoying buzzing sound (especially at lower RPM) that was driving me nuts. Didn't matter if I used mobo headers or a couple different fan controllers.

I bought ten of the Corsairs thinking I might go push/pull, and all but one of them made the same noises. They just don't seem to like voltage control OR PW modulation. Run them off 12V direct and they're fine, but obviously no speed control, and 1400 RPM is just too fast/loud except for emergency use, as far as I'm concerned, especially since the case is on my desk less about two feet away from my ears.

The NB eLoops don't spin down as low as the Corsairs, but even at the lowest ~800 RPM they're less annoying than the Corsairs, so I can leave my 360 fans running full time now.

At any RPM the eLoops are cleaner sounding and quieter than the Corsairs. Plus the ruby red of the blades is a nicer match with my coolant and anodized bits than the bright red of the Corsair rings.

And since I'm living in Europe now, the Phobyas are about the same price as the Corsairs.

As for the AF140 exhaust, no problems with that fan at all, other than a burning desire to buy some red anodized look paint to do the ring with now. :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Corsair units would make one hell of an annoying buzzing sound (especially at lower RPM) that was driving me nuts. Didn't matter if I used mobo headers or a couple different fan controllers.

Ah shit! That's exactly why I was asking!!!

I am using 3x120mm SP HP PWM fans on the front of my Carbide 540 and also 2x120 SP HP PWM on my H100i.

They do indeed emit a weird rumble at low RPMs. I guess I'm shit out of luck, I should have researched before buying the fans!

Thing is, hardly anyone mentions it. You hear about clicking sometimes, and issues with Corsair Link and some fans, but nothing describing the buzzing/rumble mechanical noise they make.

If you run them at full chat, they're fine, but how many folks run their fans full out all the time? Especially those with watercooling or AIO setups, where noise reduction is as important (if not more so) than temp reduction.

I'm a Corsair fan, (case, PSU, RAM, mouse, mouse pad) but not of their SP fans.

Totally agree.

The stock fans that came with my H100i were awful too. I'm very disappointed with the SP120 HP PWM generally to be honest. They do the job and they're certainly quieter than bog-standard stock fans but as you say, they most definitely do have that rumble about them.

They must just use really shit bearings or something. I may take one apart to see if I can solve the issue.

Perhaps other people just don't have the same sensitivity to certain sounds?

I've got 5 SP120 HP PWM fans and I don't know what to do. I'm probably outside of the return window now too.

Also, are you sure that the Asus 4-pin connectors actually support PWM or are they just DC control? I've not been able to find a solid answer either way.

Totally agree.

The stock fans that came with my H100i were awful too. I'm very disappointed with the SP120 HP PWM generally to be honest. They do the job and they're certainly quieter than bog-standard stock fans but as you say, they most definitely do have that rumble about them.

They must just use really shit bearings or something. I may take one apart to see if I can solve the issue.

Perhaps other people just don't have the same sensitivity to certain sounds?

I've got 5 SP120 HP PWM fans and I don't know what to do. I'm probably outside of the return window now too.

Also, are you sure that the Asus 4-pin connectors actually support PWM or are they just DC control? I've not been able to find a solid answer either way.

CPU and CPU OPT are PWM only, Chassis 1-3 and Opt 1-3 are DC, not PWM. But even if I ran the SP's off the CPU headers and for sure in PWM they made the same noises (and they make the same noises on an H100i or H80 when controlled by the Corsair connector).

So CHA1-3 and OPT1-3 are straight DC control, which I don't really mind but rattle is highly annoying.

One thing I did find was that I accidentally caught my hand on one of the fans while it was a full tilt, once it span up again, I am sure it was quieter.

So then did this to all my other fans and they too were quieter after I purposely stalled them. This leads me to think that there may be a something that is improperly seated.

I could be imagining this but I am certain that I noticed this was the case. This is driving me to crack out the screw-driver to take them apart and reassemble them.

Too bad my case doesn't have a window :( But it looks like the green doesn't look too bad with the red. Thanks.

Your case doesn't have a window?
And you're worried about the color of the components no one will ever see?
Unless you leave the side panel off, the first question should be, who cares.

So CHA1-3 and OPT1-3 are straight DC control, which I don't really mind but rattle is highly annoying.

One thing I did find was that I accidentally caught my hand on one of the fans while it was a full tilt, once it span up again, I am sure it was quieter.

So then did this to all my other fans and they too were quieter after I purposely stalled them. This leads me to think that there may be a something that is improperly seated.

I could be imagining this but I am certain that I noticed this was the case. This is driving me to crack out the screw-driver to take them apart and reassemble them.

Share your results. Like I said, I have ten of the suckers, would be nice to get some use out of them besides making ghetto shrouds.

I will. I just found this:

http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=111921

Other Forum said:
These are sort of pressure fitted it so pulling the blades while holding the rear in the center to prevent cracking the frame will allow the blades to release. The SP120's were probably the hardest to remove as there was no easy way to grip them. The AF140's were the easiest. The AF blades are sharp so you will likely cut a finger in the process like I did. To put the blades back on just press them on.

I'll give this a go when I get a chance. I'll post back with my findings, or maybe PM you as we're way OT now!

Your case doesn't have a window?
And you're worried about the color of the components no one will ever see?
Unless you leave the side panel off, the first question should be, who cares.

So? When I take pictures of my rig, I want it to look good.

Back