Green discoloration on USB-C

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have a LG V35 which is water resistant as far as I know. I had it on the motorcycle during some light rain figuring ehh it'll be fine and as expected it eventually had the water detected error for a few hours then it went away. I thought nothing of it and made sure to let the cord and USB connection on the bike dry as well after but I eventually noticed it has some of the slight green like electronics do after some water hits it on the charging port connection. Granted it charges fine so far and works fine. Should I clean it with a qtip and alcohol, etc or just move on!? (y)

So I have a LG V35 which is water resistant as far as I know. I had it on the motorcycle during some light rain figuring ehh it'll be fine and as expected it eventually had the water detected error for a few hours then it went away. I thought nothing of it and made sure to let the cord and USB connection on the bike dry as well after but I eventually noticed it has some of the slight green like electronics do after some water hits it on the charging port connection. Granted it charges fine so far and works fine. Should I clean it with a qtip and alcohol, etc or just move on!? (y)
try and clean it then move on. the contacts in the cable should scrub through the corrosion but id clean it anyways.

Back