Greece arrests Russian suspected of running $4 billion bitcoin laundering ring

Update2: At the moment, work is underway to restore the service. Approximate terms from 5 to 10 days. Thank you for understanding #btce

My Theory? they are relocating their servers.

Read more on this. Now this dude from btc-e is connected with a large amount of stolen coins from mtgox.

Perfect timing with August 1st in a few days. Market is probably going to have a massive dip.

I've still got some cash and bitcoin on btc-e too. Just enough to pay for the last GPU I bought, so nothing too crazy, but annoying nonetheless.

I hope it turns out for you guys who have coins on there! I try to never keep coins on exchanges but theres usually something on some of em.

BTC-E updated this on bitcoin talk:

On July 25, 11:00 the FBI staff came to the data center where our server equipment was located and seized all equipment, the servers contained databases and purses of our service.

Almost for 6 days we could not get from our hosting provider the sane information, what happened to our servers because of this information we publish only now.

July 28, the domain was confiscated.

At the moment, part of the service facility is arrested by the FBI.

The next update will be information on what options are available to restore the service, as well as the procedure for obtaining funds, in the event that the service is not started. In the current situation, if the service is not started before the end of August, Then from September 1 we will start the process of refund.
In the next 1-2 weeks, we will evaluate and publish information about how much money fell into the hands of the FBI and what amount of funds is available for return.

For all those who buried us, I will remind you that the service has always worked on trust and we are ready to answer for it.
The funds will be returned to everyone!

Arrest of the Russian Vinnyk Alexandra:
Officially declare - Alexander was never the head or employee of our service.

Sincerely, btc-e

That's someones translation, if you want the original in Russian, look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056158.0

Last edited:
new update:
BTCE update said:
Current information:

1. We were able to access our databases and purses, we currently assess data and balance sheets Coin, this information will be made public before the end of next week.

2. We reaffirm that fundamental fiatnye flow enters the service via Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested.

Yours faithfully support btc-e

AUG 9, 2017 —
Update5! Important! 08/09/2017

Exit from the current situation with the arrested Fiat:

1. Last 14 days we were engaged in struggle for your means, it was possible to gain control over 55% of funds (depends on the course), the remaining 45% are arrested funds, the most part in fiat. As the arrest is withdrawn from the accounts, the amount will decrease.

2. What is the way out of the current situation we see:
2.1. Work under the current BTC-e brand is not possible due to unresolved issues from the Office of Financial Crimes of the US Treasury.
2.2. At the moment, we are negotiating with a group of investors (an investment company), about buying and prompt launch of the service and repaying debts to customers. Further, the process of repayment of debt obligations will be described in more detail.
2.3. After we transfer all balance sheets of the investment company, we will recalculate the balance sheets.
2.4. The conversion procedure, taking into account the available 55% of funds:
2.4.1. All liabilities for fiat (USD, EUR, RUR) will be transferred to BTE tokens (1 BTE is 1 USD) at the exchange rate on the date of conversion. Probably, for more operative closing of promissory notes, ICO will be held on BTE tokens.
2.4.2. If you have on the balance the amount in koin, then you will be written off 45% of the balance of coins and credited with 45% of BTE (1 BTE is 1 USD). At the exchange rate on the day of conversion.
2.4.3. If you have a balance in BTE, then you will be credited with 45% in koin (the amount will be divided into 7 different coins equally BTC, LTC, NMC, NVC, PPC, ETH, DSH) and write off the amount of 45% in BTE.
2.4.4. Upon all recalculations, all users will have the opportunity to withdraw 55% of their funds from the system.
2.5. The investment company works in compliance with KYC, AML and the licenses required for this activity, so all users will need to undergo verification.
2.6. Tentative start dates end of August.

3. All debt obligations will be closed primarily from operating income from the investment company's commission, as well as from the funds we plan to sue from those who illegally arrested them.

The closing of the debt will be based on the principle of buying BTE tokens from the market.

The next update will provide more details on the procedure for accessing information on your balance sheet and when these funds can be withdrawn.

From the BTC-e team we officially inform that all the funds that were in the reserve fund (including all our income) were transferred to pay off the debts.

P.S. A warning! The cases of posting fake links on allegedly our new domain have become more frequent. All official information about our service is placed only in our twitter and from our official account on the forum.

Sincerely, BTC-e team

Update6! 08/14/2012

We have read feedback about our proposal to exit the situation and we decided to revise this decision in favor of community opinions.

We believe that this way out of the situation is more fair for holders of crypto-currency and fiat funds:

For each currency, a recalculation will be made taking into account the currently available assets. Currently 55% of funds are available, so 55% will remain in currency, and 45% will be converted to a specific currency token.

For tokens of all currencies, free trading on a separate page will be opened. You can trade them at any price, but no more than their face value. We pledge to redeem all the tokens. You can also sell your tokens to other users and get currency, or wait and exchange tokens at face value.

For example, you had 1 BTC. You will receive 0.55 BTC and 0.45 BTCT. 0.55 BTC you can output immediately. The remaining 0.45 BTCT you can either exchange for BTC at the market rate, or wait for their exchange at face value.

P.S. A warning! The cases of posting fake links on allegedly our new domain have become more frequent. All official information about our service is placed only in our twitter and from our official account on the forum.

Sincerely, BTC-e team

Update7! 08/25/2012

The next update is August 30, and from August 31 updates will be posted daily.

To date, there is a process of transferring digital resources to an investment company.
The company is preparing the resource for launch.
As it was announced earlier, at startup users will be able to withdraw 55% of the funds.

We want to notify all users that there is a political background in closing our service and pressure from the US.

Sincerely, BTC-e team

The launch of the service will take place in 3 stages. At the first stage, the old company (with which you have signed an offer contract) will prepare and transfer to the new company digital personal data of users, in full compliance with the European directives on personal data and in compliance with European legislation in this field. Terms of transfer until 15.09.2017 In the second stage, the licensed financial investment company, assumes the task of restoring the digital assets of the new company and registering digital data of users at home. In the third stage, the licensed financial investment company will audit and register personal data in accordance with AML laws and KYC identification procedures. In the future, this financial company will operate under its financial license both digital and monetary data. In parallel with the legal issue of restructuring, users will be given the opportunity to check the integrity of the digital balance in the user's account, and users will be able to make changes in the security of the account. For chat and support, chat will be available. For these purposes, the service will be launched on the old domain (btc-e.nz). You will be able to log in and check your balance before recounting. Term before 02.09.2017 Since there is a risk of third-party access to account accounts and to protect digital balances of users, it is highly recommended that you update the security and identification settings. Instructions for these actions will be duplicated by a separate news message. The ticketing system (helpdesk) will be operated by the licensed financial company after the start of the digital data transfer procedure. After starting the service from the financial company and in case you have difficulties with entering the account or there are inaccuracies in the balance, you can get help and answers through the ticket system. The following information update will be released on 01/09/2017 If you have any questions we are ready to answer them. How will the balances be recalculated? This information will be published in the next updates. What is the domain for the new service and what is the financial company? This information will be published before September 15, 2017

You cashing out for half? Or gonna wait for the potential almost all back?

I'll wait for all of it. got nothing to hide, even at half though, with LTC being nearly double when I bought (Before site went down @ 42), I'd break even :p

Imma wait it out too. I got nothing to hide. I really liked the simplicity of btce. Coinbase is too plain imo.

Imma wait it out too. I got nothing to hide. I really liked the simplicity of btce. Coinbase is too plain imo.

I still like the BTC-E layout the most, it makes it easier to switch between pairs, see the history, current buy/sell orders quickly.

Back