Greatest Plane Crash Rescue Ever

That was a pretty awesome Video, at first i thought it was going to be an actual airplane but it was still awesome they went back and grabbed it out of the tree top for those guys. I bet they guy was super happy to see them grab that off the top of the tree and bring it to them. I know i would have been grateful and happy. ;-)

Great video! Thanks for posting. I certainly could've used that gentleman's services many times with my Taylorcraft BNF and 450 size RC helis!! Damn trees. :cool:

"So then, I made a low pass over the treetops and got hung up in a pine, and this nice guy in a helicopter passing by, witnessed my crash, circled back, then hovered into the tree line, recovered my model Mustang, and then landed in the yard and returned it to me."

"BULLSHIT."

"No really."

"Whatever."

that was epic on top of epic. I too thought it was an real airplane and not a model, and wondered "how the fuck are they going to grab that" but then it was a model it was all on and they turned that mother up to 11.

Weird looking controls though, I'm guessing that was a training copter or something? Although it was odd to have the student reaching out over to grab it, but whatever. Looks like fun, I want a helicopter now :D

that is fucking awesome.. Dude totally earned his brownie points that day..

Ah man...that was great!!! Nice to see some people out there going out of their way to help some folks like that!

Good lord...how to helicopters fly :p That landing was pretty epic...I thought they were going to crash the whole time.

The pilot of the (real) chopper -- badass dude. Not only is he nice, but he's just a badass!

I'd have gotten his number and taken him out drinking as a thank you. I'd love to party with those guys.

darn the rescue plane was little too big. i wonder if he'll go for saving Kites?!

What's this guy's number. My kid got a boomerang stuck on the roof and I have no ladder.

Seriously though, Mad Skillz.

I used to have a FW190 that I flew around and these boys would have come in handy during some of the flights :D

Man... that would scare the heck outta me...
Very cool, but air's not the most stable thing in the world... never know if you'll get a sudden drop/gust, clip the tree, and get royally F'd.

Pretty sweet though... good thing he had the video running. Was the guy on the right a student???

That was so Fresh!!

<No trees were harmed in the making of this film>

Man... that would scare the heck outta me...
Very cool, but air's not the most stable thing in the world... never know if you'll get a sudden drop/gust, clip the tree, and get royally F'd.

Pretty sweet though... good thing he had the video running. Was the guy on the right a student???

yes
looked like low time from what i could tell maybe 20 hours or so

Back