Votes: 25 6.5%
  • Pong

Votes: 26 6.8%
  • Tribes

Votes: 20 5.2%
  • Myst

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
out of those definatly half life, but I must say, you missed a bunch of "best game evar" title worthy games :(

fallout tactics...........

And counter-strike is defiantly not the best game ever... There are so many better games than cs. CS players just never played anything else. :p

Just kidding with all you CS guys out there I played it too.

3lite said:
lo:mac as in Lock on: Modern Air Combat?

i bought that game, sincei have played il2 flight simulation series,
but boy do i regret buying, it takes alot of time to learn the stupid game, time that i dont have, i have it sitting in my desk collecting dust

anyway, I agree that half-life was the best game ever, but so do i think starcraft was the best game ever,

both games got me hooked because of the stories and gameplay

I can't vote unless you are including every Quake, Civilization, Warcraft game when you list those. Because Warcraft would not be my pick, Quake I would consider, but honestly I got more play out of Quake 2. Civilization if you take ALL the games is a GREAT series. The only single player game on your list I've played all the way through however is Myst, a classic and my first gaming love right after Sim City.

I can't vote because I couldn't pick one without some more guidelines and parameters. There's a LOT of great games out there and any #1 would be highly subjective unless you help narrow the field by genre, impact on the industry, or some other more objective criteria. But maybe I just over analyze. :D

How about MYTH: THE FALLEN LORDS - that game was the best. Played that game for years and had an unrivaled community. In fact, after bungie pulled the plug on the TFL server (after like 5 or 6 years) members of the community took it upon themselves to reestablish the server and they also got the source code from bungie so they are reworking the game to update the graphics and make some other enhancements. I would still play the game today but its like crack so its best that I not go back. :\

However that was my favorite game ever. Any other fans?

Otherwise I voted for half life... that was another excellent game.

I voted for Myst. Very simple, really. My criteria for "greatest game ever" include things other than graphics or gameplay or number of players. Myst was the game that changed things forever. It had life-like scenery (even if it was pre-rendered). It came on a CD, something foreign at the time. It was intriguing, engaging, interesting.

I agree that the poll is skewed, but that's human nature. I wouldn't have put Everquest or the like up, or Counter-Strike, or even role playing games, because I don't play any of them.

I would have to say none of the above and say that AmericasArmy is the best.

hmm.. halflife probably had the biggest affect on the gaming community.

personally, Tribes was the best investment for me.

BigDan said:
How about MYTH: THE FALLEN LORDS - that game was the best. Played that game for years and had an unrivaled community. In fact, after bungie pulled the plug on the TFL server (after like 5 or 6 years) members of the community took it upon themselves to reestablish the server and they also got the source code from bungie so they are reworking the game to update the graphics and make some other enhancements. I would still play the game today but its like crack so its best that I not go back. :\

However that was my favorite game ever. Any other fans?

Otherwise I voted for half life... that was another excellent game.

Read my post on the first page Big Dan :p

Of those listed, half-life no doubt. Left a lot of titles in there that I woulda concidered great though. Doom, most notably. Wolfenstein 3d, Mechwarrior 2: Mercs, Unreal, and others. My personal pic would have to be Doom. That is THE game that changed the face of PC gaming.

I guess I would have to vote for Half-Life, but the game that got me started on computers was Doom.

none of the ones I can think of are on the list.... :(

Planescape:Torment

Thief:The Dark Project

System Shock 2

and half the games on that list do NOT qualify as the "best games of all time"

In no particular order (PC-only):

FPS: Unreal/UT (I'm counting them together 'cause UT was originally a bot pack add-on for Unreal)
RPG, action: Morrowind
RPG, turn-based: FF VII
Flight/Space Sim: Wing Commander ( whole series!)
"Other": Beyond Good & Evil, Alice, GTA series, Starcraft (never played multiplayer much)

As far as games that really kept me comming back here are my all time favs.

Half-Life
Quake 1
Diablo II (And it's expansions)
Command and Conquer (The original)
Command and Conquer Generals
Unreal Tournament (The original)
Wing Commander Prophecy
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Farcry (Yes I keep playing it even though I've kicked it's ass more than once. Reminds me of Half Life at times.)
UT2004

Those are the top 10 games that keep me playing over and over again.

Out of all the games out there, none, and I mean, none, can boast the influence of Half Life. It was made 6 years ago, and is still the best first person shooter out there. Far Cry, Quake3, UT, Halo. Out of those four, only Quake 3 really matters. Half Life inspired a community of modders that worked almost non stop up until about a year or two ago when they started to pay more attention to HL2. Any gamer worth his salt should know a thing or two about Zoner's compiling tools as well :D because WorldCraft level designing was pretty huge too.

Outside the shooters catergory, it's hard to compare. C&C ranks up there, and no one can dispute that EVERY LucasArts game for a few years there was the best. For flight sims, it's hard to choose one as well. Microsoft FS is pretty remarkable, but...X Wing and Tie Fighted (LA, yeah!) were also huge.

Anyways, not to shut out other peoples' ideas, but those stand in my mind as the importants. Though, I have to say, any game in the past year or two doesn't qualify, there's just been nothing that qualifies for "greatest." As much as I like Far Cry and UT, they're just good shooters, but no great shooters.

I don't think all the qualifying choices are up there, but I won't start that argument.

Yeah, Xwing series or Wing Commander : Privateer. Hard to pick. I will have to say Privateer. I wasted, ah spent alot of time playing that one.

Oh, wait, no MOO 1 or 2? That was a good one too.

Oh, how about Jagged Alliance?

I can't choose :)

Gotta go with Tribes. Probably the most innovative online FPS out there. Wasen't it the first one?

I've had so much fun playing that game.

Half Life comes in a close second.

Honestly, I think the best game was Pong.

I love pong. Thats the game i play during Computer time in school, when im supposed to be making a powerpoint presentation (do them @ home in about 10 min.. lol)

And I play pong to get my mind off of stuff, and just to have fun.

I wish they had a version of pong you could play @ LAN Parties, like LAN Pong Tournament.

Pong wins :D

its not on the voting poll, but i think morrowind rings my gaming bell of delight.
totally open for modding scripting, a fucken load of hours of great gameplay.
i love all genres of games but so far this one has not died of interest. (comming form a guy who doesnt have highspeed "PING DAMN HIGH") i like multiplayer overnet but lag is damn shit annoying.
Now i gotz to wait for fable. :D

omg nearly all of those games are lame.... i mean reallly sims? warcraft 1? u need a new list of games... all of those are aweful

add Diablo 2 or Quake 3 as my vote

Back