Greatest 100 Video Games of All Time

I like how they (sometimes) only picked one game from a franchise because like 5 zelda's and 5 FF's and 5 CODs would all be on their.

a few that I'm surprised didn't make it are.

Age of Empires
tekken Tag
Warcraft 2 ( I'm guessing this is because they think WOW is the same thing)
Unreal Tournament
Mario Kart (Pick one)

A few that should be on the list but I'm not surprised they aren't

Shining Force 2
Dragon Quest (pick one)
Toe Jam and Earl
Blaster Master
Persona 4
Phantasy Star

and Mother fucking burger time.

I agree that it's not a bad list overall though. But... Did I miss it, or is it missing System Shock games?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

>Angry Birds
>Guitar Hero
>Rock Band
>fucking Mass Effect 3

Two words TIME magazine.

Fuck off

I agree that it's not a bad list overall though. But... Did I miss it, or is it missing System Shock games?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

It is. That was the first thing I looked for. :mad:

No original Half-Life?

The game that fathered the modern PC Mod scene? But thank god angry birds is on there :rolleyes:

I guess I agree. They got pretty much all the heavy hitters in there.

Also, that site is full retard slow. What the shit.... I exited asap.

I guess I agree. They got pretty much all the heavy hitters in there.

Also, that site is full retard slow. What the shit.... I exited asap.

I think it's all the trackers that load with it : Ghostery FF plug-in blocked 21 of the wee buggers.

ME3 seems to be winning the poll results.
Overall greatest game?:rolleyes:

These lists are always somewhat subjective, and I'd bet anyone that comes up with a top 100 would find something they missed after listening to a few suggestions.

My opinions:
Less Quake and more Quake II
Any Mechwarrior after 2, the intro vid for mech2 still makes me smile
MOH:AA
Unreal, anything from that franchise?
Planetfall - gotta agree with the previous suggestion here
Samurai Shodown 2 - persoanlly, one of my all time favorite arcade games
StarFlight
X-Wing/Tie Fighter? I turned off my targeting computer for the trench run the first time and nailed it
Freelancer - I put so many hours into this game, I still hope for a sequel that isn't MMO pay to win
Dungeon Siege series - another rabid productivity virus from my past
Bard's Tale - I didn't play it back in the day, but so many of my friends did I know it fairly well

And WTF were they thinking with ME3, I would put ME2 on this list certainly but, not 3.

I can't believe Gorillas on DOS 5.0 isn't on the list. Bastards! Good times.....

cf2c504fd815277c5b4971c18749f121_1M.png

I'd have to agree with this. SS2 is an unforgivable omission. Oddly enough, I'm currently playing this game again after untold years. Installed patch 2.4 from through the looking glass. Still scares the krapage out of me.

SS2 may be one of the greatest games of all time.

I almost forgot about NSnipes.. If you don't know what it is, then you were not a Novell Netware Administrator in the late 80's. I loved teaching the office how to play it... Then the boss made me delete it. Oh well.

Pretty solid list all together. Only a few biggies I think were missed, no Unreal or Unreal tournament is a big shock, I know several people who bought the platform just for that game.....same with Gran Tourismo. Also where is something from the Microsoft flight sim series?

Missed Dungeon Siege series and the Neverwinter nights series also......either or both of those should have made it somewhere, especially NWN with it's mod friendly design.

Ignoring the fact that there aren't even that many N64 games on that list, which ones would you say do not belong there?

Goldeneye. It was a piss-poor FPS on a piss-poor console. The control scheme sucked (doubly so due to the godawful hardware), the sound was awful, the graphics were bad in both render and texture, and unless you had a TV big enough to cover your wall, multiplayer was an episode in frustration. There were a dozen better FPSes on the market at the time, but since they were all for the PC, they went largely ignored in comparison, while people remember the N64 like it was a gift handed down from combination God and Nolan Bushnell. If they tried to extract the nostalgia goggles they've had welded to their skulls, they'd see it for the below-average cartridge killer it was instead of this glorious greatest thing ever in all realities they believe it is.

Lame, no mention of Temple of Apshai at all. Epix made awesome games back in the day.

Surprised they had Myth: TFL on there, finally a list that has one of the best RTS games of all time on it.

However where is Alone in the Dark? The forefather of survival horror games...before RE, before Silent Hill(both of which are on the list).

Then there's no Monkey Island, No Gabriel Knight (one of the best known adventure series that uniquely had each game be presented in different forms, from 2d, to FMV based, to 3d) and also no Longest journey or Syberia.

that list: further proof that people will buy anything (except for maybe Atari 2600 ET)

pretty odd that ME3 made it over ME1 and ME2. I mean they seem to purposely be only picking one game per series other than FF7 vs FF tactics and ultima online vs. ultima single player which can be different enough.

It's almost like they didn't feel right just putting only batman AC in the 2010's so they had to pick something else real quick. If they wanted another 2010 buddy they could have taken Oblivion out and put in Skyrim at least.

Goldeneye. It was a piss-poor FPS on a piss-poor console. The control scheme sucked (doubly so due to the godawful hardware), the sound was awful, the graphics were bad in both render and texture, and unless you had a TV big enough to cover your wall, multiplayer was an episode in frustration. There were a dozen better FPSes on the market at the time, but since they were all for the PC, they went largely ignored in comparison, while people remember the N64 like it was a gift handed down from combination God and Nolan Bushnell. If they tried to extract the nostalgia goggles they've had welded to their skulls, they'd see it for the below-average cartridge killer it was instead of this glorious greatest thing ever in all realities they believe it is.

Uhh....okay.

Tell that to the 8 million people who bought it.

Personally, I played it nonstop for a LONG time. It was certainly the best console FPS at the time, and the best thing about it was 4-player split-screen co-op.

Sounds like someone is angry Goldeneye was on consoles and not pc.

I had both, and I loved Goldeneye. It made console fps games a hit and brought fourth many more. The graphics weren't bad for the console, the gameplay was fun and varied. MP was a blast.....and if you lpayed mp games on a console they usually were splitscreen.

To this day Goldeneye still has some of the better locatoin-based hit effects, even modern shooters don't bother with it as well as Golden eye did.

Not a bad list. Plenty of great games on there.

However, a lot of those games were popular more so than great. For instance Bard's Tale was better than half the games on that list from the 80's... As was Wasteland. Other games that were popular more so than great... Halo, Gears of War, World of Warcraft, Myst, Angry Birds, etc.

And some games were trumped in their Genre in the same decade (or even same year) by superior games. For instance, Madden 95 was fine, but Front Page Sports Football Pro 95 was a way better game. Grim Fandango was good, but Maniac Mansion II: Day of The Tentacle was better. Wing Commander was good, but X-wing, Tie Fighter, and X-wing vs Tie Fighter were all better.

But I do understand why some people consider the above games great in spite of all this, so I have no real complaint about the list, I would just make some slight changes to it if it were up to me.

No Dragons Lair? Dig Dug? Command & Conquer? Total Annihilation? Unreal? Crazy Taxi? Time Crisis? DDR?

No Dragons Lair? Dig Dug? Command & Conquer? Total Annihilation? Unreal? Crazy Taxi? Time Crisis? DDR?

Command & Conquer was one I certainly felt should have been on the list. Dragon's Lair is a maybe. Crazy Taxi, no. Unreal? Maybe. Time Crisis I never played so I can't comment on that. And DDR? I think not.

No Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, or Planescape: Torment...yet it has Mass Effect 3? I would have been fine if they only included one of those first three, but none at all? And then try to say ME3, a game with mediocre gameplay, a terrible story, and one of the all-time worst endings in gaming history, is one of the greatest? Sorry, but this list isn't "ok." This list is absolutely terrible.

The Truth Is Out There:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4S0TWxgbGhUQohTXZBxSznUusWAsmwzl

Back