Great Warranty News For Seasonic Prime Owners

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by FrgMstr, Mar 6, 2017.

1. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

You likely know that Seasonic has been one of HardOCP's favorite PSU brands for many years now, and with good reason. Go back and look through our Seasonic reviews listing, and you will see why. Out of the 23 Seasonic PSUs we have reviewed since 2007, only two were not awarded, and those still passed our demanding testing criteria. If you have recently purchased a Seasonic Prime PSU (850W Review / 750W Review), you will be happy to know that your already long 10 year warranty has been extended to 12.

prime-12y-news.jpg

2. Shotglass01

Shotglass01 [H]ard|Gawd

Nice! Getting 2 more years on my 750 Prime. :)

3. JosiahBradley

JosiahBradley [H]ard|Gawd

Yes! Not that I would bet against it dying in a short 12 years. The X750 next to me is going on 7 years running as a daily workstation putting in tons of hours and it seems just fine to me.

4. Grebuloner

Grebuloner Gawd

This is the kind of thing that makes me spend a little more for a brand that has the confidence and willingness to back up their product. Not that I expect to be using my 650W Prime Ti in 12 years, so this is basically "lifetime" to me.

5. cyclone3d

cyclone3d [H]ardForum Junkie

YAY!

Doesn't affect me personally at this point, but since I started using Seasonic power supplies I have been very happy with them.

6. ecmaster76

ecmaster76 [H]ard|Gawd

Nice. Will they sell cable adaptors if the ATX power specs ever get changed again?

7. Evil Timmy

Evil Timmy [H]Lite

Very cool, love that it's not just new buyers but those that have already bought as well. I upgraded to their Prime 850W after reading the reviews here, and it's been absolutely solid. A 12 year warranty says they know what they're doing and they'll put their money where their mouth is.

8. Hitti2

Hitti2 Limp Gawd

So, 2 years above mine.

9. Ultima99

Ultima99 [H]ardness Supreme

Dang it, I'm not covered until 2030? What a joke!

10. STrAYeR

STrAYeR Limp Gawd

Looking to upgrade my PSU since it is already past the 5 year mark. I dislike non-modular PSU's so the next one will be fully modular. This big red is still going strong even after the stress test a couple weeks ago. This PSU has earned it's money. The cables are pretty stiff and hard to use most times. Another reason I want to upgrade is better cable flexibility. I will also not go as overkill as I did with my current one. This time I will drop it to a 750w titanium prime.