Great Experience with WD RMA

Sturmangriff

Limp Gawd
I had a Western Digital 1.5TB Black go bad on me about 2 weeks ago. I totally forgot about their 5 year warranty until I had to remove it to install its 3TB replacement that I had purchased online. Once I checked the WD website I found I still had about 150 days of warranty left on the 1.5TB so I sent it in...pretty painless as far as RMA's go. A week later I received my brand new 3TB Black which they sent 2nd day air. I have read so many RMA horror stories lately so I wanted to put the spotlight on a good one. Also don't be a knucklehead like me and spend money on replacement parts without checking the warranty first:eek: Anyway, big thanks to WD...they went above and beyond my expectations.

They've been good to me as well.
Had a 1TB Black that was making a funky grinding sound every now and then and the tech said that was not normal and to RMA the drive. I opted for the Advance RMA so that I could copy the data from the old drive to the new one.

The next day I get an email asking if I would take a 2TB Black instead of a 1TB since they had no 1TB in stock, so I said yes, and couple of days later I had my replacement.

WD has always had great customer support every time I needed to RMA a drive, which is few and far between.

Last drive I RMA'd through them was a 500GB Blue. They sent me a 500GB Black as a replacement.

Their website is super easy to set up RMAs on, and they have always had really good turnaround time.

I've had 0 issues with any drive I've RMAd to WD, mostly old raptors an old blacks, always quick always same size are larger.

I've only had to RMA one WD drive in my life about 5 years ago, and I remember it going very well.

On the other side... Seagate advanced RMA cost changed from $10 to $35 on Monday :mad:

I've had to RMA 3 Seagate drives in the past 4 years. I still have 2x4TB Seagates in my server.

Did an advanced RMA with Western Digital as well about a year ago when my 2tb Western Digital Green started failing. Sent it fast, was able to copy all my data over and sent the old drive back, no problems.

I have had a similar experience with Western Digital warranty. I haven't had any issues with them.

Well this is all good to hear about Western Digital. Over all the years, I have never even had a Western Digital drive go bad on me. But its nice to hear if I ever have to RMA one, that their customer service is great.

I've had all brands fail on me over the years.
I've actually had more WD fail on me than other brands but that is because I stopped using other brands (except for the 3 Samsungs I bought a few years ago).
Maxtor, Seagate, and Quantum were the worst.

WD is super easy.
Never had a question asked.
Hell, I've never talked to a human there.
Put in the info, send in the drive and a replacement shows up a few days later.
Love it.

Actually WD has been pretty reliable to me... never had a single drive from them failing. Hope by saying this will get me into surprises :p

Used Western Digital rma several times since 2000-2001 and have always been happy with it. I've never had anything but WD drives in my personal machines (SSDs not included).

I've also had good experience with WD RMAs.

On a related note: Does Seagate warranty OEM drives to consumers? I've been looking for a 2.5" 2TB Spinpoint M9T drive on ebay, where there are many for sale. Every time I contact the seller and get a serial number and check it on Seagate's warranty check web page, it returns a message saying that the drive is part of a system and gives no warranty end date or additional information. I'm wondering if that's a standard message for OEM drives, or if it means the drive was pulled from an external USB enclosure.

I've also had good experience with WD RMAs.

On a related note: Does Seagate warranty OEM drives to consumers? I've been looking for a 2.5" 2TB Spinpoint M9T drive on ebay, where there are many for sale. Every time I contact the seller and get a serial number and check it on Seagate's warranty check web page, it returns a message saying that the drive is part of a system and gives no warranty end date or additional information. I'm wondering if that's a standard message for OEM drives, or if it means the drive was pulled from an external USB enclosure.

The same message shows up for drives pulled from a USB enclosure or pulled from an OEM system.

Back