GRAW or wait for The Outfit?

Purchase GRAW or wait for The Outfit?

• Total voters

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
I'm not sure what one to go with. I've read the user reviews of GRAW and the game reviews of it and it sounds and looks like a really good game. However, I've played Ghost Recon 2, which was made for the regular Xbox and I really didn't like it at all!

With that said, I have th demo of The Outfit and I've had a blast playing that.

Any thoughts on which I should go with? Can someone tell me if GRAW is anything like Ghost Recon 2 for regular Xbox? If it is, I might have to hold off on purchasing it.

Let me know.

No matter how good the graphics are it is still a ghost recon game, SLOW and tactical.
So go with the outfit if you dont like tom clancy shooters.

IMO, the graphics in ghost recon AW are not that good. They seem average at best. textures are bleh, and models are bleh/boxes.

:)

In general, I have not been a huge fan of Tactical Shooters. Game play is slow, AI generally stupid and your success generally is dependant on whether or not you know where the enemy is. I think I will be waiting for The Outpost! So far that game has been a blast and I'm only playing the demo!

you can download the outfit demo on Live... I haven't checked it out since I don't care about it, but a lot of people who did are disappointed with it.

PSYKOMANTIS said:
The outfit is a steaming pile of hot garbage.

I have the demo and I love it so far. I have had a few connection issues this morning, but so far it's fun.

Care to induldge us as to why it's a steaming pile of hot garbage?

Well, in my personal opinion, I bought an XBOX360 to play next generation looking and playing games. The Outfit demo was below all expectations that the game was hyped up to be.

I found the control to be if at least PAR.
Graphically I'm not impressed at all. This to me looks like something a Playstation 2 could do on a good day.
Weapon physics are a chore to aim a rifle, let alone fire a rocket launcher.

I do recognise this is a demo but if at the least a noteworthy weekend rental.
In comparison to GRAW, Ghost Recon is by far a masterpiece that really shows that the developers took the extra time to actually not rush a title. Thus in turn deliver a higher quality of a gameplay experience with polish, attention to detail, and class.

That's my 2 cents.

PSYKOMANTIS said:
Well, in my personal opinion, I bought an XBOX360 to play next generation looking and playing games. The Outfit demo was below all expectations that the game was hyped up to be.

I found the control to be if at least PAR.
Graphically I'm not impressed at all. This to me looks like something a Playstation 2 could do on a good day.
Weapon physics are a chore to aim a rifle, let alone fire a rocket launcher.

I do recognise this is a demo but if at the least a noteworthy weekend rental.
In comparison to GRAW, Ghost Recon is by far a masterpiece that really shows that the developers took the extra time to actually not rush a title. Thus in turn deliver a higher quality of a gameplay experience with polish, attention to detail, and class.

That's my 2 cents.

Yeah I can see that I guess. The grahics are probably not of that of Ghost Recons, that's for sure. The game play however I thought was pretty decent.

Do you have GRAW for 360 yet?

Ima big fan of the whole Ghost recon games and expansion pack's .. I love them ..But only for PC . ;)

I got an Xbox after finding out that GR2 was going to be Xbox only ..and what a waste of money that was , I hate GR 2 xbox .. It felt nothing like the original GR's that had gone befor .

Moving on to today and we are being given GRAW for xbox and 360 only ( at the moment ) I have herd that UBI did some backroom deal with microsoft that will use GRAW to sell more 360's , This will benefit both ubi and microsoft ... but not the gamers .

The PC version is being held back untill the end of may to give the xbox versions time to sell more units of both .....With all of that said i have been watching ( very close ) the console forums of UBI , 360 live and a few other to try and gain info on how the game has shaped up .

Allthogh we all know that the PC version and the xbox version are being made by two diffrent dev teams , we still have no idea what the final PC version will be like , The massive lack of any video or screenshots of the PC version has left us all in the dark .

Regarding wether or not to buy GRAW on xbox ... I would not if i was you .. After reading all the problems that people are having i would wonder if the game is all its cracked up to be .

I could list all the problems here but it would take a while ... If i was you i would go with the FREE download of the Outfit demo untill you get a demo of the GRAW or get a chance to play it on a friends system .

Anyone in any dout about what i have said need only go to the Ubi console forum or the 360 live forum and see for them self .

You will allway's get F.a.n.b.o.y.s who no matter what the problems are will tell you the game is great ... But most of this is due to the fact that thay don't want to admit that thay made a mistake with cash ;)

OUTFIT DEMO NOW = free
GRAW = $50
GRAW DEMO = free

maddad said:
Ima big fan of the whole Ghost recon games and expansion pack's .. I love them ..But only for PC . ;)

I got an Xbox after finding out that GR2 was going to be Xbox only ..and what a waste of money that was , I hatee GR 2 xbox .. It felt nothing like the original GR's that had gone befor .

Moving on to today and we are being given GRAW for xbox and 360 only ( at the moment ) I have herd that UBI did some backroom deal with microsoft that will use GRAW to sell more 360's , This will benefit both ubi and microsoft ... but not the gamers .

The PC version is being held back untill the end of may to give the xbox versions time to sell more units of both .....With all of that said i have been watching ( very close ) the console forums of UBI , 360 live and a few other to try and gain info on how the game has shaped up .

Allthogh we all know that the PC version and the xbox version are being made by two diffrent dev teams , we still have no idea what the final PC version will be like , The massive lack of any video or screenshots of the PC version has left us all in the dark .

Regarding wether or not to buy GRAW on xbox ... I would not if i was you .. After reading all the problems that people are having i would wonder if the game is all its cracked up to be .

I could list all the problems here but it would take a while ... If i was you i would go with the FREE download of the Outfit demo untill you get a demo of the GRAW or get a chance to play it on a friends system .

Anyone in any dout about what i have said need only go to the Ubi console forum or the 360 live forum and see for them self .

You will allway's get !!!!!!s who no matter what the problems are will tell you the game is great ... But most of this is due to the fact that thay don't want to admit that thay made a mistake with cash ;)

OUTFIT DEMO NOW = free
GRAW = $50
GRAW DEMO = free

I agree with what you've said above. The GR2 game was a total let down. Waste of my money as far as I'm concerned. GRAW does look very good and I did download and watch both the GRAW video's now out on Live, game looks good. But it just isn't my cup of tea. I'm just not the biggest fan of tactical type games, and the graphics just are not enough for me to purchase it.

The Outfit demo has been a blast for me. I've been playing it a lot. I'll be putting my money towards The Outfit. It has decent graphics and fun game play, that’s what I'm looking for right now.

There is a GRAW Demo? Where?

I bought GR2 for xbox and exchanged it for something else within a week. It was a waste of time. But with good faith, I purchased GRAW and am loving it. It is much better than GR2. Just buy GRAW, I think The Outfit Demo was the worse xbox 360 experience so far for me.

I purchased GRAW along side Burnout360.

Enjoying it on a daily basis so far when the GF is not bitching and moaning that I spend too much time playing games instead with her... *grumble*

omg, this poll is so biased.

I mean, he said he didnt like the ghost recon series, why would you tell him to get GRAW? The gameplay is still ghost recon, where it is slow, and tactical, and you die very easily. Don't try to sway him into a game that he won't like.
geeez.......

GRAW is the shit. But if you are having a blast playing the Outfit demo, get The Outfit.

GRAW is wicked! I am lovin it so much, go home for lunch from work just to get some minutes in... finally just beat the US Embassy mission.. what a pain, but what excitement it was..

the Outfit seemed ok from the demo, I might wait to get it at a bargin price.. seems to be more of a party game than one I could play for hours and hours like GRAW

I don't really like the ghost recon series too much, I forget which one I played, but it was a demo for Xbox1, it was OK...nothing special, but I am seriously thinking about getting GRAW...all the videos I've seen make the game look like fun.

I had high expectations for The Outfit...but I downloaded the demo and came to the conclusion that the game just sucks. The graphics suck, the controls are so messy, and the character animation while controling is horrible. It just wasn't fun to me. It feels like a bad 3rd person Halo deathmatch.

So i'm not sure what to do. The poll is pretty much 50/50. ;)

Seriously, i just ordered GRAW. Was gonna wait for the demo but thought what the hell. It'll give me something to do until Oblivion :D

I don't like the GR games and I don't like GRAW either. It's better than previous efforts, but it's still the same style of game.
On the other hand, while I find the Outfit to be fun (even though I suck at it), I don't think it's really all that great either. The graphics are no better than an Xbox1 game, and I found it to be a little tiresome after 7-8 games.
If you're looking for good games, the 360 actually has a pretty good line-up now, so I'd look elsewhere. Used copies of the whole line-up should be common enough to save you $10-15 per title. NFS: MW, Condemned, Kameo, Burnout, and the Live Arcade games are all good items. Oblivion and Far Cry are both due very soon, too.

Domingo said:
I don't like the GR games and I don't like GRAW either. It's better than previous efforts, but it's still the same style of game.
On the other hand, while I find the Outfit to be fun (even though I suck at it), I don't think it's really all that great either. The graphics are no better than an Xbox1 game, and I found it to be a little tiresome after 7-8 games.
If you're looking for good games, the 360 actually has a pretty good line-up now, so I'd look elsewhere. Used copies of the whole line-up should be common enough to save you $10-15 per title. NFS: MW, Condemned, Kameo, Burnout, and the Live Arcade games are all good items. Oblivion and Far Cry are both due very soon, too.

Here is where I'm stuck with the 360. I dont' like racing games, fighting games nor am I all that into strategic games, which is basically all that the 360 offers. Now The Outfit comes along, offering something different and from what I can tell it is a let down. Here is why. The controls are a bit weird/slugish. The graphics are not that great. The gameply is fun however... Reminds me of Renegade, which I loved. We shall see how this pans out for The Outfit. Im planning on purchasing it as of right now.

I think I'm going to give GRAW a try. I'm either going to buy it tomorrow or tonight. I'll post my reactions to the game and a few screenies as well once I have them.

Good for you :D I mean, there shouldn't really be a competition between the Outfit and GR:AW; they're different types of games and have different types of gameplay. If you like one, you may or may not like the other. It's all personal preference.

Personally i would wait for the outfit, i bought GRAW this weekend and where ive liked all of the previous versions on the orig xbox, i just dont care for this one. so i dloaded the demo for the outfit and had a blast playing it, thinking ill probably trade in graw for it when it comes out.

Back